sports steering wheel

Ason

Hi I have a superb from 2011 and wonder if there is any sport steering wheel that fits on a Mk II?

Like this one:

2017-Skoda-Superb-wagon-interior-changes

Or if one from a new superb fits, or can i take one from a audi and change the emblem?

@pab567 - a 2011 Superb is likely to be a pre-FL MK2 so the MFSW buttons won't fit onto a MK3 Octavia style wheel.

@Ason - yes it should be possible to use that style of wheel.

Make sure the buttons are from a MK2 FL Superb or a FL Yeti. If the buttons are from a MK3 Superb/MK3 Octavia or similar, they won't work...

Looks great!

What parts did you need to buy more than the steering wheel?
And where did you buy the parts?

Price?

Was it difficult to do the job?

14 hours ago, Zukabak said:

Yep, it's an upgrade that I made earlier this year.. 1000% improvement in my opinion!

IMG_5865.JPG

13 hours ago, Solarstorm said:

How do you find the flat bottomed wheel in comparison to the original wheel you had on?

Ideally I'd like one of those as well, but they always seem to be a lot more expensive than the normal round ones!

I much prefer it as it looks and feels 'higher end'.. small things like the 'thumb rest' sections on the upper half make a big difference to comfort.
Takes a little while to get used to not being able to thread the whole wheel through your hands when making big turns though.

2 hours ago, Wile7 said:

I'd love one of those on my 3.6 - flat-bottomed with white stitching.

Best place to buy?

Dave

I bought it from the classifieds on here from a guy who bought it direct from the Skoda dealership he works at.

4 minutes ago, Ason said:

Looks great!

What parts did you need to buy more than the steering wheel?
And where did you buy the parts?

Price?

Was it difficult to do the job?

To do the whole job you need the wheel, airbag and MF buttons as the originals won't fit the new wheel.

Price will depends on where you get the parts, fitting took about an hour including VCDS coding in the wheel to get the DSG paddles etc working.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Zukabak said:

To do the whole job you need the wheel, airbag and MF buttons as the originals won't fit the new wheel.

Price will depends on where you get the parts, fitting took about an hour including VCDS coding in the wheel to get the DSG paddles etc working.

I don't have DSG paddles today, is´t possible to install one with paddles even if i don't have that before?

4 minutes ago, Ason said:

I don't have DSG paddles today, is´t possible to install one with paddles even if i don't have that before?

As long as you've got a DSG gearbox obviously, then yes as that's exactly what I've done.

20 minutes ago, Zukabak said:

As long as you've got a DSG gearbox obviously, then yes as that's exactly what I've done.

yes I have a DSG gearbox,

Do you have a superb MK II ?

And do you have the parts number for the  wheel, airbag and MF buttons?

Edited by Ason

21 minutes ago, Ason said:

yes I have a DSG gearbox,

Do you have a superb MK II ?

And do you have the parts number for the  wheel, airbag and MF buttons?

Yeah, it's a Mk II Superb.

I've not got the part numbers any more but all of the info you need is on this site, just do a search as that's all I did. :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Anyone who know where i can get a wheel like that? I have MFSW and DSG paddles today, but would like the flat bottomed wheel with silver stiching in my Superb 3T. 

I ordered this wheel 15. april 2018, but have not heard anything from the dealer since :-( 

http://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/flat-bottom-steering-wheels-4/oem-flat-bottom-octavia-2-superb/

IMO, the flat bottomed steering wheel doesn't look good on a Superb ... Octavia vRS; OK, it can pass, but I just enjoy the full proper circle as the steering wheel needs to have for a comfortable drive (at work I have a regular Octavia Mk3 with the flat-bottomed steering wheel - I often glance at it during driving thinking that something is missing on the bottom end)

• Like 1

On 5/8/2018 at 22:31, vborovic said:

IMO, the flat bottomed steering wheel doesn't look good on a Superb ... Octavia vRS; OK, it can pass, but I just enjoy the full proper circle as the steering wheel needs to have for a comfortable drive (at work I have a regular Octavia Mk3 with the flat-bottomed steering wheel - I often glance at it during driving thinking that something is missing on the bottom end)

Haha, I know what you mean.. for instance, I can't stand the none estate version of the Mk2 Superb, the rear end's hideous as it looks like it's 'missing' something.
I certainly much prefer my flat bottomed wheel to the old one. :)