What annoyed you today?

Aspman

11 minutes ago, MikeTheThinker said:

What is one of those, please?  Google[tm] couldn't help.

Bloomin spell check...   I tried to write first neighbour but typed wrong and it was changed to dirt neighbour

• Haha 1

Driving along the Nottingham ring road today. Dual lanes both directions.

Genuinely, does anyone drive in the left hand lane in this country anymore???

I undertook (yes, I'll admit it) probably 10 cars this morning, (no speeding involved either) and there was not another single car in front of me in the inside lane. Both lanes go straight ahead so no reason for them to be in the right hand lane.

Numpties or foreigners, the lot of em.........Nuf said.

• Like 2

On 16/01/2022 at 15:34, Evil said:

Got new (blue tinted) door mirror glass... snapped 2 clips (on the same corner) on the left hand one so now I have mismatched mirrors and have to order another one. 

Following on from this, the replacement arrived a couple of days ago (while I was at work).... 

Got home to find one of the dogs thought it may have been for them. 3rd time's the charm??

Mirror2.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Groan 1

As a tip from a fellow dog owner...

Get an external letterbox with a lock. We got one because my alsatian and spaniel both used to leave a trail of destruction when RM came.

Either that or tape up your letterbox.

11 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Get an external letterbox with a lock. We got one because my alsatian and spaniel both used to leave a trail of destruction when RM came.

Either that or tape up your letterbox.

They don't touch letters, or packages left in the hallway.

The decimation happens when small packages are brought into the lounge and left within reach.

• Like 1

On 21/01/2022 at 00:01, DieselMonte said:

Helping a relative get a car in Leeds, family friend was meant to check out the car yesterday and not heard anything from either him or the seller since.

Add to this, they went to look at the car the next evening, and it was a dog. Cat N that only needed a bonnet and a wing, man sent me photos of it hit. Was a 2015 monte carlo, but a Mk2 like mine. I copped in the photos the light that was replaced was the wrong one, wasn't a black one like a monte should have. Thought that was it, couldn't have been more wrong. Bumper was hanging off it, wheels had hit everything except the lottery, clutch was high on it, interior was rotten dirty and "damp", tyres were gone off it, it goes on and on. Man had it up for £4620 and after finding all this, he knocked £20 off the price. 

Needless to say they didn't buy it.

• Groan 1

1 minute ago, DieselMonte said:

Man had it up for £4620 and after finding all this, he knocked £20 off the price. 

Bit cheeky by Christ. That £4620 was probably in anticipation of your "super saver" offer. :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Bit cheeky by Christ. That £4620 was probably in anticipation of your "super saver" offer. :D

Tell you the truth, they offered £3000 for it stood next to it. Was a TSI that they looked at, which would still be about €1500 to import on top of the cost of buying it. Only reason we thought it was worth a look at all was because it was a 2015 so would be on a 151 reg here.

They recorded a video when they went to look at it. No harm but I think I've done a better job putting my vRSDI back together than your man did fixing that monte.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

You've done a cracking job with the vRSDI to be fair. :)

And its still stuck on jackstands :D

Tbf I've been trying to get out to it but I've had exams to do so couldn't spare the time to go out and work on it. On top of that the montes needed more than bit of work (and money) recently to keep it going, again taking that time and money away from the Mk1.

3 minutes ago, UndertheRadar said:

Sorry. This made me laugh so hard I nearly spat my tea out. 😂

I read it somewhere else recently forget where though.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

22 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

22 hours ago, Evil said:

They don't touch letters, or packages left in the hallway.

The decimation happens when small packages are brought into the lounge and left within reach.

You know what the dog trainers would say................ It's easy to train the dogs, It's training the humans that's the difficult bit, Lol.

And it's true..............

Edited by Tilt
  • Like 1

Snide Politicians annoy me but tonight one that should not have only resigned as a Government Minister but as a MP really annoyed me.

He suggested that people 'ambushed Boris Johnson with a cake at a party'

He will want Boris to continue because when there is a new PM he will be out on his ear. 

This is the ex PR guy that can spin stories that only got suspended from parliament for 7 days for what he did in public office.  

Then Boris puts in the Cabinet as a Minister of State.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52531078

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52625886

Edited by roottoot

does tiramisu count as cake? id happily be caked with one of them if so please.

Bojo should be caked with a stale fruitcake... launched by a cannon....

Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

I've got some rolls that we left in the breadbin for a little while, would those do? :giggle:

nah too light. the fruitcake would be more like getting hit in the face by a 3/4 inflated football, that whole face splot rather than the single point impact 'p-thock' of a breadroll. it must be a satisfying event to watch and meme-ify...

ball-to-da-face-soccer-football-headshot-meme.jpg.fc14a95652e31e1c21974450927b48a8.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, roottoot said:

He suggested that people 'ambushed Boris Johnson with a cake at a party'

Sounds half-baked to me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1