What annoyed you today?

Aspman

Bought a CD of Deacon Blue's 'Whatever You Say, Say Nothing' and I fired it in the 10 CD changer and it's skipping all over the place. Not happy.

Can confirm it's not the changer itself as my other discs work fine.

Now just to chase up the damned seller.

i have an interview in 54mins for a job that isnt the one i applied for, and is essentially my current job with a slightly different title and for a different dept. i cant focus on even reading my cv, as im really really conflicted about if i even want the feckin role 😐 

• Sad 1

Have spent quite a lot of time this week, including unpaid overtime, putting costs together for assessment of highway, traffic and NMU impacts of a project to re-open a rail line to passenger trains that will include changes to a lot of level crossings.  Network Rail had apparently completely missed / ignored the fact that the changes would impact highway and NMU traffic and no-one else could be found with the relevant background knowledge to prepare a methodology and price, so I reluctantly agreed to take it on.

The methodology and costs were needed by Wednesday to go into an overall document by close of play today so I blitzed it earlier this week, sent info through and answered various questions about the costs this morning.

I've now just come out of a meeting about both and have been asked to rework everything assuming a completely different, staged, approach to the work.  So I'm back to square one with the same f**kin' deadline!

• Sad 1
  • Groan 1

1 hour ago, skomaz said:

So I'm back to square one with the same f**kin' deadline!

Some things never change - why I got so frustrated with the poor standard of management in the last few companies I worked at and retired early in 2016.

4 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

Some things never change - why I got so frustrated with the poor standard of management in the last few companies I worked at and retired early in 2016.

Well I sent them something...   but god knows if it's what they now want (no acknowledgement or reply yet). 

But yes if only I could retire...   I'm fed up of working my ass off for no recognition, getting others out of holes they've dug themselves and battling **** internal processes, a line manager that doesn't understand what I do and correcting the work of others so stuff that goes out is correct and good quality.  Unfortunately I've probably got 10 years left before I can. 

Edited by skomaz
  • Sad 3

My phone updated and the back, home and toggle buttons were replaced, without explanation, for an iPhone style swipe system.

If I wanted a phone that was like an iPhone, is have bought an iPhone. I can't stand them though.

Luckily I found the answer on Google.

• Like 1

A cheap Nokia 1+ that's a couple of years old but is Android 11 and still gets updates for another year or so. 

SWMBO also has a Nokia 3.4 about a year old with updates for another couple of years and eldest has a new Moto E40. 

Youngest has an old Nokia 1 but that's past it... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skomaz said:

A cheap Nokia 1+ that's a couple of years old but is Android 11 and still gets updates for another year or so. 

SWMBO also has a Nokia 3.4 about a year old with updates for another couple of years and eldest has a new Moto E40. 

Youngest has an old Nokia 1 but that's past it... 

Yeah, this is a slightly newer Nokia 7.2. 

If it does happen. Go in settings, system, gestures,  system navigation, and change it  back to 3-button.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 04/02/2022 at 11:53, AnnoyingPentium said:

Bought a CD of Deacon Blue's 'Whatever You Say, Say Nothing' and I fired it in the 10 CD changer and it's skipping all over the place. Not happy.

Can confirm it's not the changer itself as my other discs work fine.

Now just to chase up the damned seller.

If you get no joy from the seller try polishing it with tooth paste!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Derbyshirebod said:

If you get no joy from the seller try polishing it with tooth paste!

Thanks! I had given it a wipe and a layer of dust had come off. It wasn't immediately visible until wiped. It's skipping in different places so will need to try your method. :)

• Like 1

standing in the garden at 1am having been woken up by a very loud bangingnoise trying to figure out wtf it was..

Took a good 5mins wandering around in the dark windand rain before i found it was the door of the electricity meter slamming into the wall and xlosing again. the meter reader was around during the week, clearly the muppet didnt close it again properly!

• Groan 1

2 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Thanks! I had given it a wipe and a layer of dust had come off. It wasn't immediately visible until wiped. It's skipping in different places so will need to try your method. :)

T-Cut can revive some unreadable CDs too - I've used it several times over the years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

T-Cut can revive some unreadable CDs too - I've used it several times over the years.

does it work on boot sector corrupted hdd platins too? :D

• Haha 1
  • Crying 1

Next door but two's Honda Jazz had its Cat stolen the night before last.  Took them about three minutes according to another neighbour's CCTV.  We thought it was an aborted attempt as they wedged their jack before scarpering. But in daylight today it's obvious the Cat's gone :devil:

Police response was good - they were here in 10 mins, and have seized the (rather nice) trolley jack for forensics.  Rip saw used on the wheel arch to try to free the jack, and it's a 2007 car, so I expect it'll be a write-off.

Think that's decided me about getting CCTV.

Gaz

Edited by Gaz
Spelling
  • Sad 3