High Beam Assist activation speed

High Beam Assist works well, but only activates above 60 km/h (37 mph) - it takes too long to activate on dark country lanes.

The online manual says:  "The headlight can switch on automatically at speeds above 60 km/h or 40km/h. The headlight switches off automatically when the speed falls below 30 km/h."

I'm in the UK.  Is it possible to switch the activation speed from 60 to 40 km/h?  The online manual has a footnote saying 40 km/h only applies to certain counties.

Edited by sniffermark

34 minutes ago, sniffermark said:

High Beam Assist works well, but only activates above 60 km/h (37 mph) - it takes too long to activate on dark country lanes.

The online manual says:  "The headlight can switch on automatically at speeds above 60 km/h or 40km/h. The headlight switches off automatically when the speed falls below 30 km/h."

I'm in the UK.  Is it possible to switch the activation speed from 60 to 40 km/h?  The online manual has a footnote saying 40 km/h only applies to certain counties.

You will need someone with VCDS to change the speed settings. I have recently had mine enabled, and the activation speed set to 20KPH and de activation 10KPH

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AndrewE said:

You will need someone with VCDS to change the speed settings. I have recently had mine enabled, and the activation speed set to 20KPH and de activation 10KPH

Where did you have yours done if you don’t mind me asking? Would like high beam assist activated on mine? 

Many Thanks Adam 

55 minutes ago, Adcooper said:

Where did you have yours done if you don’t mind me asking? Would like high beam assist activated on mine? 

Many Thanks Adam 

Me too. Thanks

Look up some forum users on this post: 

Send some PMs, come to an arrangement, look up the coding you'd like done to your vehicle so that it's an easy process to be coded.

I'd also suggest ensuring an autoscan is completed prior to any changes being made, and that the log files are sent to you after coding is completed so you have a record of what has been done.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AndrewE said:

I stand to be corrected, but I don't think this can be done with MY18 FL O3. There are no adaptation channels present to alter the speed at which Light Assist is de/activated.

On 11/28/2017 at 21:26, wg100 said:

I stand to be corrected, but I don't think this can be done with MY18 FL O3. There are no adaptation channels present to alter the speed at which Light Assist is de/activated.

Bloody hell man, you've only just cracked how to enable it probably, take you another 3 months to workout the adjustments

BTW well done for cracking it, I'll get mine enabled ASAP 

Edited by themanwithnoaim

10 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Bloody hell man, you've only just cracked how to enable it probably, take you anotjer 3 months to workout the adjustments

BTW well done for cracking it, I'll get mine enabled ASAP 

I've captured the admap and blockmap for modules 4B and A5 and posted on the Rosstech forum, so hopefully they can incorporate into future VCDS releases.

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?12531-Skoda-Octavia-Scout-2-0TDi-4x4

Edited by wg100

On 29/11/2017 at 08:26, wg100 said:

Can confirm this as well. There is no option to set the activation/deactivation speed on OBDeleven. Only applicable to FL

Thanks for all the replies.  Shame it's not easily done.  I have a FL MY18 SE L (HBA is standard fit) so will have to wait for the VCDS mod.

On the bright side it sounds as if my HBA camera is the same as that used for Lane Assist and Traffic Sign Recognition so, when a VCDS mod for HBA activation speed is available, I might be able to get them added :)

Edited by sniffermark

1 hour ago, sniffermark said:

Thanks for all the replies.  Shame it's not easily done.  I have a FL MY18 SE L (HBA is standard fit) so will have to wait for the VCDS mod.

On the bright side it sounds as if my HBA camera is the same as that used for Lane Assist and Traffic Sign Recognition so, when a VCDS mod for HBA activation speed is available, I might be able to get them added :)

Yes, TSR and lane assist should be fairly simple to add.

47 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Go on then, crack the TSR next then @wg100

I can’t claim credit, it’s been done already and I can verify it works on MY18 vehicles. 

Many thanks to Jonny5ive for changing the activation speeds on my car yesterday, along with a few other tweaks. This was with the non-lane-assist camera, (Controller 20 rather than 5), and works perfectly. I have kept my side of the deal and joined Freedom in lieu of beer tokens.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 30/11/2017 at 05:09, wingzee said:

Can confirm this as well. There is no option to set the activation/deactivation speed on OBDeleven. Only applicable to FL

Has OBDeleven been updated to be able to adjust the activation/deactivation speed?

Thanks Ross