DAB?

stuart88

Cheers guys. I’m picking up a Yeti next week and couldn’t make it out from the picture. It looks similar to the headunit I’ve had previously which was DAB. 

My first Yeti (2009 1.2 TSi SE) came with a Bolero (AM/FM), whereas the second (2012 Urban TDi) was fitted as standard with Amundsen+, featuring AM/FM & DAB.

Unfortunately I suspect your 2013 Elegance will come with a Bolero (AM/FM). One option is to stream digital radio via Bluetooth, assuming you have both ample data and a decent mobile signal. The tunein radio app works very well, as does the BBC radio app.

• Thanks 1

Fortunately I do have a MIB2 DAB headunit from a 2017 VW Caddy which will fit straight in with an added DAB aerial. I was only reluctant as the back light is red rather than the Skoda green, so I was hoping it already had DAB. 

Again, appreciate all your help. 

I've had 2 2013 Yeti, both had Amundsen+, neither had DAB. DAB was an option at the time but as I was buying second hand. As far as I could tell, virtually no-one specified it so it's as rare as anything.

If you specified DAB, the Amundsen+ appears to have come with a DAB module built in with the DAB antenna connector on the back of the unit.

I opted for the Alpine ez-DAB [1] with the Skoda-supplied dedicated wiring harness. If I get a few mins I'll dig out the thread

[1] Made by Pure, but the Alpine one has different colour LED options so you can have green

https://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/SingleView/EZi-DAB

As said above not all Amundsen+ units had DAB. My understanding is that the original Amundsen (RNS310) has to have the satnav data SD card (or CD) inserted all the time for the Satnav to work, whereas the Amundsen+ (RNS315) stores the satnav data in internal Flash memory. The '+' has nothing to do with whether it is DAB or not.

The Amundsen+ was available with DAB - but only as an option.... 

• Like 2

Hi all

i collected the Yeti today. Absolutely loving it! Just a follow on question from my original post. If I remove the headunit and fit an aftermarket one, will I lose the rear parking sensor sound? Or will I just be losing the visual display from the OEM headunit?

hopefully someone has some experience of what happens when replacing it for an aftermarket headunit. 

Thanks again for any help

What happened to the MIB2 DAB headunit from a 2017 VW Caddy which will fit straight in with an added DAB aerial that you have?

If not wanting to lose a lot of the functions with an after-market replacement have you thought about adding one of the DAB adapters below?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/88304/best-dab-car-radio-adaptors-2017-group-test

I still have it, I’m just weighing up on what to do. As the wife likes the old aftermarket headunit which has DVD for the kids, which I forgot about. Since picking up the car though I didn’t realise it had the visual display going through the headunit too. So I’m wondering if the headunit also works the acoustic sensor sounds too 

98028DEE-78C6-4C30-AEFC-62F7ECEBD30E.jpeg

9 hours ago, stuart88 said:

Hi all

i collected the Yeti today. Absolutely loving it! Just a follow on question from my original post. If I remove the headunit and fit an aftermarket one, will I lose the rear parking sensor sound? Or will I just be losing the visual display from the OEM headunit?

The reversing sound is from a speaker in the rear of the car, not from the head unit.

As regards the MIB unit, have you had Component protection removed for it to work?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

I thought thaat having a dvd/video unit displaying in the possible view of the driver was illegal?

The DVD player cuts off when the handbrake is released. 

1 hour ago, Rustynuts said:

The reversing sound is from a speaker in the rear of the car, not from the head unit.

As regards the MIB unit, have you had Component protection removed for it to work?

No I haven’t, though I have read about this before so I was going to try and see what happens. I presume I’d have to get this sent off to be removed?

2 hours ago, stuart88 said:

No I haven’t, though I have read about this before so I was going to try and see what happens. I presume I’d have to get this sent off to be removed?

Try it and see what happens, and you'll end up with a brick. Some units can be fixed, but it's not cheap getting them done I'm afraid.

Thanks for the advice!! Now i know the parking sensor sound is done separately I'm happy to fit the aftermarket headunit in now. Everyone's help greatly appreciated!