** Days Until Christmas, ** Part Seven.

Auric Goldfinger

8 hours ago, Brijo said:

Another late night.  146DTC. 

Tried stuffing the turkey today yesterday.  Must have been a bit early 'cos it fought back. 

I stuffed and plucked our Turkey yesterday, next week I'm going to kill it...........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

They were build between 1980 and 1987.  Leyland Motor Bus bodies on Freight wagon chassis 

They're the ones that look like a Leyland National when you look at a 3/4 view then?

Yep, all Rail Buses

Class 141,  Went like stonk, Cable brakes, wouldn't  stop. They rattled that much the brake blocks fell out, needed pins to keep them in.

Class 142. utter rubbish, only good on the flat, whisper  " we are going up hill they would slow down.

Class 143, same as a 144 but had the Interior of a 142, again Utter rubbish

All bus bodies on freight chassis

Unknown.jpeg

images.jpeg

800px-ATW-143608-CardiffCentral-01.jpg

• Like 2

The best train I drove was the Class 333.  100 MPH Disc brakes with an ABS system, stopped on a Sixpence. Stick the brake into Emergence you got 100% brake force plus an extra 25%. The nose would dip.

The best ride ever was a cab ride from Leeds to London KX in one of these, a GNER Eurostar  ( Class 373 ) 

images.jpeg

images-1.jpeg

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

@Auric Goldfinger - Cheers; It's good to know that an ex-driver has the same opinion of those railbus things as I did!

Ask any driver, you'll get the same answer.  Another thing, drivers were supposed to shut the engine down if the Unit was to stand for more than 10 minutes.  No one ever did as the chances  were they might not fire back up. Don't want to be stuck with a train load of angry passengers do we...............................

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Haha 2