Front Assist

I have front assist on my newly acquired Octavia Mk3.  Doing some searching on previous posts I've found that there appears to be 2 versions of this.  On version 2 you are able to select the distance level at early, medium or late.  On mine, which I assume is version 1, I can only switch it on or off.  So, on my version 1 I assume that the distance is already at a preset level.  If that's correct what will it be set at ?  I would probably assume medium but maybe not.  Also, on my version 1, does the system work by first giving a warning  then if I do nothing it will then apply the brakes.

Den

There's no adjustment for front assist as far as I'm aware. It's either enabled or disabled. The early medium late adjustment is for the light assist (automatic headlights).

It does flash up a warning in the maxidot, and beeps loud. If not acknowledged or if you don't brake, it will brake hard.

On page 66 of the Amundsen manual it mentions the early, medium and late settings under the Front assist not the light assist but is for version 2.  I must have version 1.  As long as my version 1 works as intended that'll be fine.  Thanks.

Den

Maybe to do with ACC? On my 2015 when ACC is set there is a rear view of a Skoda in the maxi dot. to the rear of the car shown are three bars, each indicating how close you have the distance between your car and the car in front. On the top of the ACC stalk is a small rocker switch which you move to adjust which of the three bars you have the gap set at.

I thought the control for the automatic headlights was in the mirror housing?

Thanks for all the input.  Mine doesn't have acc so have to assume it's Front Assist either on or off.  All I was wondering was what sort of distance between myself and any vehicle in front would trigger the Front Assist before the warning then the brakes.

Den

26 minutes ago, Falmouthboy said:

No only on facelift SE L and L&K.  Otherwise an option 

Was also standard on a few Pre-facelift trims; Later Elegances, the SE L and L & K.

Edited by ahenners