What Car Awards

cjrp

Whatever brand/make am I really expected to believe that a motor I’ve never seen  on the road and only driven by a few journalists can be called “car of the year”....go to any scrap yard and you can see lots of vehicles that have been named “car of the year”the people who actually have to pay for and run these vehicles for more that a week or so are the only opinions that really count and thanks to sites like Briskoda this is where real information can be found.

37CC8C18-D720-474E-9B22-C608DF257EB5.png

Edited by Sad555
X

https://www.whatcar.com/skoda/karoq/estate/review/in-the-cabin/

this review gets me, build quality section,

they praise it with It is not just the finish that’s good; everything fits well, too.

but then Karoq still doesn’t have the wow factor of the 3008 inside

So it gets 4/5 out of stars, because its no match to 3008, whats wow factor got to do with build quality

good example of non rational thought process

9 hours ago, vadimo said:

https://www.whatcar.com/skoda/karoq/estate/review/in-the-cabin/

this review gets me, build quality section,

they praise it with It is not just the finish that’s good; everything fits well, too.

but then Karoq still doesn’t have the wow factor of the 3008 inside

So it gets 4/5 out of stars, because its no match to 3008, whats wow factor got to do with build quality

good example of non rational thought process

Wow factor over build quality. Is this what the public want? Bling? To show off to friends and neighbours? I prefer a car thats well built and reliable. Cars on 19inch rims generally give a harsher ride than smaller rims. But its ok - they look better. Form over function.

If the Karoq looks a little bland, fantastic. Suits me. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They are listed in the Karoq "Accessories" catalogue but your can't select them on the car configurator. The dealer I asked about them said although they are in the accessories catalogue they didn't have a price for them. You have to buy them separately, take delivery of the car with standard wheels and get the dealer to fit the new ones for you I believe...

3 hours ago, benjamino said:

Does anyone know if the alloy wheels that are used on the Karoq in this promo video, are available to order on UK spec Karoq's?

They look like 19inch 'Crater' wheels and yes they do, we're getting them on ours when it arrives. :) 

• Like 1

I was more thinking of the colour. The standard Crater alloys are just silver where as these are black and silver, and look more like the Octavia vRS Xtreme alloys.

I saw them on a Kodiaq which was standing next to a Karoq Edition with the silver 19” wheels. Both cars were Petrol Blue. The anthracite ones were by far the better looking and complimented the body colour perfectly. Don’t understand why the premium trim in the range doesn’t have them as an option.

My Superb L&K has the standard anthracite alloys. On the L&K they are the only option, exactly the opposite of the Karoq...

My dealer, Horton Skoda Lincoln, tells me that the 19" Crater Anthracite alloys are only available in Europe and not the UK. Does anyone else know the score with these?

The Kodiaq Scout has the 19” Crater Anthracite fitted as standard according to th uk configurator so they must be available in the UK, at least as a “spare part” purchase?

• Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 13:49, Rifleman said:

They are listed in the Karoq "Accessories" catalogue but your can't select them on the car configurator. The dealer I asked about them said although they are in the accessories catalogue they didn't have a price for them. You have to buy them separately, take delivery of the car with standard wheels and get the dealer to fit the new ones for you I believe...

I've found a price for the anthracite 19" crater wheels in a price list downloaded from Skoda UK. They are listed at £282 each including fitting, so ordering a set of those will set you back over a grand.

The standard silver ones on the Edition are listed at the same price. I guess it's going to be a case of bartering with the dealer for a part-ex on the standard ones...