Race Blue mk3 Estate

creamvRS

That diffuser is so extreme :D

Needed a clean as not had one since NYE and have not much time on the weekend...so nipped into the Tesco lads :D - Looks amazing with all the cosmetics pretty much done!

skodaclean1.jpg

skodaclean2.jpg

skodaclean3.jpg

skodaclean4.jpg

• Like 1

It does look amazing. Great job mate. 

Yes I know the diffuser is extreme in comparison to the Rieger one. But each to their own eh! 

Hoping to get my splitter and side skirts fitted on Sunday. Got lower front bumper sprayed today. Looks great.

looking forward to seeing your diffuser on. I'll post pics of my finished product soon 

@darrenbvrs - Haha! I went for the maxton design one as apparently the sticker of their logo comes off :)

A quick pic from last night car park - 

Also ordered a front strut bar to stiffen that handling up :)

Hopefully fitting diffuser Thursday lunchtime and maybe the spoiler cap if it's arrived!

27846082_10155795623131690_1732445766_o.jpg

Looking forward to seeing it fully done. Looks super so far. I got my front splitter and side skirts on at the weekend. Just waiting to give it a clean before I take photos. Looks very similar to yours obviously. We have good taste :biggrin:

7 hours ago, BATVANVRS said:

@creamvRS its looking better every time you add a change :thumbup:

Edit:

What version is the Maxton front splitter & can I ask where you purchased it! 

Thanks

Cheers dude! It's the maxton v.1

5 hours ago, Darrenbvrs said:

Looking forward to seeing it fully done. Looks super so far. I got my front splitter and side skirts on at the weekend. Just waiting to give it a clean before I take photos. Looks very similar to yours obviously. We have good taste :biggrin:

Wooo! Looking forward to seeing some pics of the skirts!! Cheers man!

• Like 1

So, update on the spoiler cap - Ordered Monday - Heard nothing from Maxton - No one answering calls yesterday after 10 attempts - Got through this morning and they've said not in stock. I asked them were they going to inform me and they said yeah, at the end of the week...?!?!?!?!...seems like a crazy business model - Expect up to 3 weeks. Great.

So a strut bar from Russia will be here sooner but thinking maybe get a rear strut too and have them powder coated in an Acid Green and in time do my calipers the same ;)

Almost didn't get round to doing the diffuser as thought it was going to rain but thought let's give it a go!

Easy fit once you don't faff around like I did...remove about 5 bolts in mid section and done - it's the side bolts which you need to access from inside the bumper underneath and I tried for about 15mins to get my drill piece and rachet in - Not smart when you can see anything under a 40mm dropped car :D

I quickly got some wooden blocks and reversed it on and so much easier - Had a little faff aligning perfectly but it was so easy to connect on and rearrange!

Decided to use all the spacers between diffuser and body for each screw and used 2 per screw on side bolts to space it to the body - Side ones needed to be drilled into bumper!

Looks amazing!

diffuserskoda1.jpg

diffuserskoda2.jpg

Edited by creamvRS

Fantastic looking. Well done mate. Really looks great. Pity about the delay on the spoiler cap. But it's something to look forward to.

Can't believe you want to stiffen it up even more. I had a mk2 before my mk3 on I find the 3 very stiff as standard compared to the 2. But each to their own. :tongueout:

15 hours ago, Darrenbvrs said:

Fantastic looking. Well done mate. Really looks great. Pity about the delay on the spoiler cap. But it's something to look forward to.

Can't believe you want to stiffen it up even more. I had a mk2 before my mk3 on I find the 3 very stiff as standard compared to the 2. But each to their own. :tongueout:

I from from a background of old mini coopers as my first three cars when I was 17-24, then a renaultsport clio, then an Abarth 500 Esseesse - gokarts - I love stiff ;)