VRS 230 now only available from stock

Hi all, 

Went into my local dealer yesterday and put an order in for a new vrs 230 (sad the 245 is no longer available). 

Just noticed tonight that the skoda configurator says at the bottom (near the finance illustration) that the 230 is only now available from stock! Yikes! 

Will try and get hold of the dealer to check my order has gone through ok and if so there isn't going to be some crazy 6 month wait because of massive back orders. 

2 hours ago, Snowfall said:

Phew, dealer confirmed that the order seems to have gone through ok. 

Thanks for the heads up on the black one though KevC

Ask the Dealer if the car is at Status 10 ( provisional Build week ) or Status 20 ( Confirmed Build week )  Don't let them tell you they don't know, they do, Its on the system. Get the  confirmation in writing 

Looks like the dealer doesn't really know stating " The order seems to have gone through "  I'd be back on the phone before the Black one gets sold as pointed out by KevC

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Status 10 is an order excepted by the Factory and given a provisional build week, orders can be altered/extras added and the build week moved as required.

Status 20 is a confirmed build week, no alteration/extras added and the week shouldn't get altered.  Don't forget orders will be accepted by the factory even if theres no build week allocated. An order gone through doesn't really mean the car will be built until it's confirmed

Why are they doing away with them then? Not enough being sold or bringing out a more powerful one? Out of interest did they stick the bigger front brake discs back on these? I think I'm right in remembering reading on here that after a while they started putting smaller discs on the petrol mk3 VRs.:thinking:

2 minutes ago, hatchy said:

Why are they doing away with them then? Not enough being sold or bringing out a more powerful one? Out of interest did they stick the bigger front brake discs back on these? I think I'm right in remembering reading on here that after a while they started putting smaller discs on the petrol mk3 VRs.:thinking:

The smaller brakes were fitted to the  MKIII Tdi Vrs ( Later Pre FL Models ) Petrols get the bigger discs on the front and the 245 gets larger rear discs as well

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

3 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Status 10 is an order excepted by the Factory and given a provisional build week, orders can be altered/extras added and the build week moved as required.

Status 20 is a confirmed build week, no alteration/extras added and the week shouldn't get altered.  Don't forget orders will be accepted by the factory even if theres no build week allocated. An order gone through doesn't really mean the car will be built until it's confirmed

Excepted?

Slightly off topic but do you know current lead times?  I’m looking for a Scout and am working on a 3 month lead time. 

Thanks. 

40 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

Wonder if they pulled the 230 to fulfil 245 slots, and then reopen the order books once that backlog has been cleared?

Seems very strange to have filled entire years supply in 4 weeks.

I suspect that's Model Year 2018?

MY18 started half way through 2017.....in a  month or two MY19 orders will start to fall within the "standard" 12 week lead time.....I would be amazed if there will not be another opportunity to order a VRS (230 and 245) for delivery during 2018.

Spoke with the dealer today. Asked about changing options. He was very reluctant, suggesting any change could disrupt and as the order had been ‘accepted’ best leave it until we get a build week (he expects to know Friday when this will be) I’m hoping we’ve just sneaked in, placing the order at the start of last week. Fingers crossed.

It's because of Brexit. In future all imported cars are to be re-branded "British Leyland" and only come in beige with **** mechanicals and a strangely shaped steering wheel. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TDIum said:

It's because of Brexit. In future all imported cars are to be re-branded "British Leyland" and only come in beige with **** mechanicals and a strangely shaped steering wheel. 

I note the steering wheel on my VRS has a flat bottom and so is already half way towards "Quartic"  and Cappuccino Beige is already available on some models.   Skoda must be already anticipating these changes in the UK market.  Simply Clever!  

• Like 1