Skoda Press Release Fabia Facelift official Details

As the earlier threads are full of speculation from weeks ago,

I’m opening a clean thread with official info on facelifted Fabia

https://media.skoda-auto.com/en/_layouts/Skoda.PRPortal/pressrelease.aspx?ID=1378

On sale in summer

New LED headlights and rear lights

New front and rear (see photos in link)

Petrol engines only (1 litre 3 cylinder), 4 different power outputs

DSG on most powerful 110bhp

gasoline particulate filter on the two TSI engines

Revised interior

New instrument cluster

New infotainment with 6.5 inch screen

live traffic info on navigation (other models in range have this limited to 3 years)

Some new options like blind spot monitoring, light assist, rear traffic alert, rear USB ports

18 inch wheels option for hatchback only (why ?)

Tyre depth gauge in ice scraper

Edited by SurreyJohn
Typo and added details
  • Like 1

18 inch wheels option for hatchback only (why ?)

Suspension maybe?

Have to wait and see what kind of tyre dimension those 18 inch wheels have. There is a chance, that hatch is lighter so they can get away with  stock suspension, but combi is heavier so they dont want to offer another set suspensions, just in case.

Will be interesting to see what has happened inside, no photos, but if you pause the video at 16 seconds then the new instruments and centre consol are clear (First video with box on desk)

https://media.skoda-auto.com/en/_layouts/Skoda.PRPortal/videos.aspx?scope=V

Edited by SurreyJohn

I will be ordering an Estate when the Order Books open as long as the 1.0TSI DSG comes with a Hand Brake i can pull up and not an Electric Hand Brake, 

and a TC button for instant switching off.   (missing some hand brake action from cars i am driving now.)

That is unless i manage to get a New Limited Edition 1.4 TSI 125ps DSG Hatch.

They will be an option and only those wanting them need opt.

As it is some people want 18's and pay after already getting a car to have them on 'super minis' or small cars, then have to tell their insurers they are not Factory / Dealer fitted, 

this does away with that. 

Edited by AwaoffSki

Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole - all with 1.0L engines + plus a PPF.. performance will drop off even more when that thing kicks in and there won't be enough poke to get up even a modest hills with a bit of weight in the car.. oh and I see it doesn't yet mention that its likely to come with a water pump which is guaranteed to fail on you and cause your engine to overheat!!!!

It is the engine that is going to be in millions of VW Group vehicles as they get ready for Euro 7 emissions.

From small to bigger vehicles.

What will be used along with Light Hybrid in the future.

They have not much else so surely by now they have Water Pumps sorted out, especially after the latest carry on with 1.4 TDI 3 Cylinder Euro 6 engines.

It is a joke that after decades of water cooled engines that they blamed the coolant used, or tried to.

• Like 1

The testing is in place that VW Group Vehicles are retested in the UK to see they meet the VW Group EU test results, 

VW Group paid the UK Government that money as a voluntary payment because they were cheaters / liars.

Then the refuse to pay towards testing of other Manufacturers cars.

So as Real World Testing comes in and if the UK as a BREXIT Country retest Imports & Home Builds to see the testing is honest they have time to change UK MOT's by 2021 so that they vehicles meet the Factory Specs.

Weights, Noise, Tyres, Factory fit options, Mods all declared from standard and insurance to cover that.

Not that far fetched, the EU has threatened to do it for years and have been annoyed that UK MOTS / Insurance is so lax, 

while actually allowing Manufacturers in Germany, France, Italy, Czech Republic, UK etc to be cheating.

The chance of a a 2019 built car being allowed to pass a MOT in 2022 with parts of the Exhaust / Emissions reduction system removed looks highly unlikely.

But you can never tell, the UK Government / DfT / DVSA is not exactly competent or speedy in carrying out stuff they keep talking about.

On 12/02/2018 at 23:39, Malediktion said:

It would be nice if we could fit those LED front and rear lights to our Fabia III!

Mine came with LED's as standard on front in Jan 2018 so sure you could get them. Don't know about the rear as don't think you could get them before which is probably why they are saying "for the first time" in the press release..meaning front AND rear.

1 minute ago, mark_irl said:

Mine came with LED's as standard on front in Jan 2018 so sure you could get them. Don't know about the rear as don't think you could get them before which is probably why they are saying "for the first time" in the press release..meaning front AND rear.

Just to clarify.. I don't mean the DRL but the low beams. If you mean the low beams then yes I can get them as well since its the same model... Though I don't if there will be any problem with the errors on the canbus.

7 minutes ago, mark_irl said:

ah you're right, I'm confusing LED DRL's with full LED Headlights

No problem. Full Led front headlights are by far the best. Although I tried some custom LEDs on the low beams the Start/Stop system seems to burn them up after 2-3 months. And also the light that they were emmiting wasnt quite right on the projectors... Too many dark spots in my case

On 23/02/2018 at 15:34, mark_irl said:

ah you're right, I'm confusing LED DRL's with full LED Headlights

You're not the only one, the documentation and specs lists aren't exactly unambiguous, let alone vendors. According to the specs list from the configurator our F3 Combi will have H7 projects plus LED daytime beams (translating from French). I've never seen H7 used for high beams so this sounds like regular halogen lighting, but according to the vendor the car we should receive in June will have LED low beams (that should last the life of the car in addition).

I'm not convinced LED will be better, except at blinding oncoming traffic and possibly even the driver (by keeping the visual system out of night-vision mode and thus how well you see things outside of the areas covered by the beams). How broad-spectrum are those "bulbs", i.e. how good is colour perception going to be?

I read up about the particle filter, in particular an exchange with an engineer from one of the (French) companies who make the things. If he's right they're much simpler and cheaper than the ones on diesel engines, much less prone to clogging because they see higher temperatures and basically unnoticeable to the average user.

Because there might be an offer/demand principle at play, plus recent developments in cities like Stuttgart?

Here in France diesel has long been heavily promoted. Not so long ago we were paying not much more than 1€/l (at supermarket pumps), which is of course great if you get close to 1000km out of a tank. Now, prices are being aligned with E10, there's talk about additional taxes, there's the **** additive, the extra insurance and maintenance costs, Germany making its first few cities off-limits for diesel, ... In short, people are apparently moving away from diesel "as we speak", and dealers are apparently already feeling the effect in the 2nd hand market where offer is starting to overtake demand. Showroom models are also mostly petrol now, if the dealerships we walked into over the last week or so are any indication (even the Fiat dealer we visited only had a petrol 500L in stock, gorgeous but not exactly an economic car).

In that light it makes sense that smaller cars are no longer getting diesel engines. FWIW, first model where I noticed this is Suzuki's Ignis.

The launch of revised Fabia will be live on web at 08:20 cet on Tuesday 6th

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-releases/geneva-motor-show-2018-world-premiere-concept-study-skoda-vision-x-live-online/

live stream link is at bottom of the update link above