Removed bumper now errors

I removed the the bumper to change the headlight bulb. One of of those jobs you wish you hadn’t started but I had pulled one of the bulbs out and to get in behind the lamp housing and it’s just easier to remove the bumper. 

I now have 3 errors so I suspect that I’ve pulled out a wire or knocked something on the ACC. 

Can anyone confirm my suspicions? Has anyone had to also remove their bumper?!

Any help greatly appreciated. 

5764D714-94F3-4FAD-83B9-E0E79974F3C4.jpeg

If it´s the headlight bulbs (xenon) you´ve replaced, it´s easier just to remove the front wheel and the inner wheel arches ;)

Did you remove the grille as well?`The Front Assist / ACC radar is behind that, and if anything has been disconnected it will throw an error. You might just need to get the errors reset.

I looked in the wheel arch liner, and there was no access panel. 

The grill I’ll stay put as the bumper pulls away from underneath. 

Im going to get my  VCDS cable tomorrow morning and hopefully reset the errors

I disconnected the battery but that didn’t do anything. 

1 hour ago, aldouk said:

I removed the the bumper to change the headlight bulb. One of of those jobs you wish you hadn’t started but I had pulled one of the bulbs out and to get in behind the lamp housing and it’s just easier to remove the bumper. 

I now have 3 errors so I suspect that I’ve pulled out a wire or knocked something on the ACC. 

Can anyone confirm my suspicions? Has anyone had to also remove their bumper?!

Any help greatly appreciated. 

5764D714-94F3-4FAD-83B9-E0E79974F3C4.jpeg

That list of errors looks very similar to the list I had with the errant mouse problem. I'm not suggesting you have the same, but it would lend weight to your theory of a critical wire (or bundle) having been disturbed. I had all the same errors, but didn't have a start-stop error. I also had an emission control light on, and a missing ambient temperature figure, as this wire had been chewed. All were towards the front of the vehicle, underneath the tray and sound-deadening material - not sure where they terminated, other than the one for the front radar.

Nope, pre battery disconnect those same errors were there. 

Tried to reset tyre indicators when stationary and wouldnt wouldn’t let me. 

I never realised this would cause so much hassle, won’t be changing bulbs again!

2 minutes ago, CheshireBumpkin said:

That list of errors looks very similar to the list I had with the errant mouse problem. I'm not suggesting you have the same, but it would lend weight to your theory of a critical wire (or bundle) having been disturbed. I had all the same errors, but didn't have a start-stop error. I also had an emission control light on, and a missing ambient temperature figure, as this wire had been chewed. All were towards the front of the vehicle, underneath the tray and sound-deadening material - not sure where they terminated, other than the one for the front radar.

A mouse problem?!

Ok thanks, must be a loom then, maybe I trapped or dislodged something. So you had a mouse chewing it up?

I guess its another bumper off jobby then, or do I just pay the dealer to sort it?! Although I do have a dispute with them about my alignment at the moment so they will probably think, good serves you right :D

That would be helpful thanks. Whilst the tray underneath wasn’t removed, I was pulling at it in the wheel arch to get to two T30’s to hold the bumper on to the wing in an awful space. 

I was also running out out of light so sort of rushing, sons iPhone light come in handy!

Edited by aldouk

Little buggers, thank you for sharing.

Gives me an idea where to start. If I’m lucky I might be able to peek through the removable panel by the fog light. Failing that I can put up on the ramps and take the tray off. 

• Like 1

Me thinks I found the problem. 

Not snapped, just the wires pulled out of the plug. 

Will have to try and tackle that later. 

Hownindidnt notice that yesterday, although I had lost light at the end. 

EBAD1674-9E71-4E25-8EE2-E9BB27BFC4BA.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, penguin17 said:

Sorted?  Out of interest what bulbs did you go for? 

Some 8000k bulbs mid range bulbs. Not had a proper test of them yet but were on today in rain and not too blue. 

Ill post pictures up oncce. I’ve sorted these errors. 

The wiring loom loom is on order 

1 hour ago, xman said:

Very poor quality crimping. Wires pulling out shouldn't happen. I'd be surprised if its 14 pounds for a new loom, looks pretty complex.

http://nemigaparts.com/de/cat_spares/etka/skoda/sup/851/971010/

The wires only thin but it is the correct part. 

DD32B0C3-7D8A-4666-A4C9-EB3F9C0FB37C.jpeg

Edited by aldouk

26 minutes ago, aldouk said:

Some 8000k bulbs mid range bulbs. Not had a proper test of them yet but were on today in rain and not too blue. 

What was your reasons for changing the OE Xenon’s? not to go brighter or whiter I hope?

8000k bulbs will very likely give you a worse light output on the road than the OEM bulbs (assuming they're still 35w bulbs). Seems like you've caused yourself an awful lot of bother for changing the bulbs, unless of course you did it purely for styling reasons.

• Like 1

Put it this way, I won’t be doing it again... EVER! I had to go on with it as I had pulled one of the OEM bulbs out and not able to go back in. 

Yes purely styling, it produces a more icey white. Surprisingly not as blue as I thought and certainly nothing like you see on the colour charts in the internet. Not sure if that is a D3S bulb thing as I’ve done 8k on other cars and these have been bluer. 

Fully aware of of the the implications of going a higher kelvin rating,  these still have an acceptable light output. In the small amount of night time driving I’ve done, good icey white pick up on road signs and cones as opposed to a warmer white.