Delivery times

cjrp

I ordered my car on 23rd April, just found out by Skoda chatt that BW24 is confirmed. How long doese it take after bulit week to reach dealers, any information will be appreciated>

2 hours ago, IceyLady said:

Ordered the SE L 1.5 TSI DSG this weekend (2nd June) - Est. Delivery is December 2018 :crying:

Nice Christmas present at least, expect that's when I'll be getting mine too. 

Car was released from factory on or about 25 May. Live chat just confirmed it is awaiting ship assignment which 7-10 working days so hopefully by the end of this week and then at dealers before end of month. What's 23 weeks between friends when I was told 12 weeks.

1 hour ago, Tom34 said:

Nice Christmas present at least, expect that's when I'll be getting mine too. 

Indeed, I did actually wonder whether there was an option to have it gift-wrapped XP 

6 months quite a backlog though, I wonder how long it will take to level out. 

Having said that, I’d rather they take all the time they need to get it right.

5 hours ago, Lincolnlad said:

I placed an order for 1.5L SEL DSG Box in Petrol Blue with no extras on Feb 28th, with quoted delivery June. Dealer has emailed every month with updates. If I recall was build week 20. Collecting Tomorrow. Can't wait. Seems my order went as  planned. Let's see if handover as good. Am doing a lease this time through main dealer & VW, and they stuck with agreed contract rate from Feb.

Who is your dealer?

That’s mine at the dealers now.   11 weeks for 1.5tsi SEL manual, petrol blue with leather and couple of other extras.   Quite happy with that given what I have been reading on here.   Collect this Saturday provided there isn’t a last minute hiccup.   Probably the most eagerly anticipated new car I’ve ordered and this will be my first Skoda.

1 hour ago, MASS1 said:

That’s mine at the dealers now.   11 weeks for 1.5tsi SEL manual, petrol blue with leather and couple of other extras.   Quite happy with that given what I have been reading on here.   Collect this Saturday provided there isn’t a last minute hiccup.   Probably the most eagerly anticipated new car I’ve ordered and this will be my first Skoda.

Thats very lucky, will be interested to know if they stay on track so keep updated :). Was quoted 23 weeks. I have the DSG version plus a few extras; Adaptive CC, Park Assist, Temp Space saver wheel and heated Steering wheel, as well as the 19” Craters. 

That's a high spec SEL you've ordered and I know how it feels to wait ages for a car.  My last one came with a free 8 month wait as std!  I'll put up a couple of photos when I get it.  I haven't seen too many in my Petrol Blue whether that be on the road or on here.  

Edited by MASS1

Yikes, 8 months!  I’ve got all fingers crossed that there won’t be much delay with ours. :sweat: I have only seen pictures of the Petrol Blue but it looks lovely on the photos. We went for Quartz Grey but then decided to be brave and changed it to Meteor Gray. 

Hi everyone.

First time poster, and would just like to start my saying what a great forum this is as all you members are very supportive and informative.

I've been reading this thread for a while as I purchased a 1.5 SE L DSG Quartz Grey back on March 25th and would just like to add my experience so far.  As this is the first time I've purchased a new car (my 17 year old SEAT 2.3 V5 Toledo finally went to meet its maker), I've been trying to get to grips with the whole process from ordering > build week > delivery.

I've just been told that my car is due to be built next week, so I was wondering how long a car takes to "build"??  I've got the impressions it's about a week, but having read that the factory will shut in July it would be nice to know that it should roll off production line before 1st July !!

Just to give some background as to my experience with Skoda and their random builds, I originally contacted Motorline in Dartford via CarWow on 22nd March who originally told me lead time was 12 weeks.  Went for a test drive on 24th March, and the first thing they told me before I got in the car was that lead time had doubled to 24 weeks.  As I'd set my heart on a Karoq I decided it was worth the wait.

Signed on the dotted link on 25th March.  As it's my first new car, I went a bit mad on the extras as I pretty much threw in the whole lot like ACC, Park Assist, Auto Light Assist, Traffic Sign Recognition, Driver Assistance Package, Electric Boot, Heated Steering Wheel with DSG Paddles, Electric Seats with memory function.  Sure most of those will never get used but I just got a bit over enthusiastic !!

I got an email yesterday to say it's due to be build next week.  I've been unable to clarify if this is confirmed or still estimated as my contact at Motorline has now gone on holiday for a couple of weeks.  She mentioned in email that looking at a July collection so looking at this forum, I guess that'll be end of July, which would be about 18 weeks, slightly better than I was originally quoted.

Am I right with about a week on production line ??  I know I'm still a long way off from the Karoq being on the drive, but I'm so excited.  Can't wait to experience that "new car smell" :D

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, f1arp72 said:

Hi everyone.

First time poster, and would just like to start my saying what a great forum this is as all you members are very supportive and informative.

I've been reading this thread for a while as I purchased a 1.5 SE L DSG Quartz Grey back on March 25th and would just like to add my experience so far.  As this is the first time I've purchased a new car (my 17 year old SEAT 2.3 V5 Toledo finally went to meet its maker), I've been trying to get to grips with the whole process from ordering > build week > delivery.

I've just been told that my car is due to be built next week, so I was wondering how long a car takes to "build"??  I've got the impressions it's about a week, but having read that the factory will shut in July it would be nice to know that it should roll off production line before 1st July !!

Just to give some background as to my experience with Skoda and their random builds, I originally contacted Motorline in Dartford via CarWow on 22nd March who originally told me lead time was 12 weeks.  Went for a test drive on 24th March, and the first thing they told me before I got in the car was that lead time had doubled to 24 weeks.  As I'd set my heart on a Karoq I decided it was worth the wait.

Signed on the dotted link on 25th March.  As it's my first new car, I went a bit mad on the extras as I pretty much threw in the whole lot like ACC, Park Assist, Auto Light Assist, Traffic Sign Recognition, Driver Assistance Package, Electric Boot, Heated Steering Wheel with DSG Paddles, Electric Seats with memory function.  Sure most of those will never get used but I just got a bit over enthusiastic !!

I got an email yesterday to say it's due to be build next week.  I've been unable to clarify if this is confirmed or still estimated as my contact at Motorline has now gone on holiday for a couple of weeks.  She mentioned in email that looking at a July collection so looking at this forum, I guess that'll be end of July, which would be about 18 weeks, slightly better than I was originally quoted.

Am I right with about a week on production line ??  I know I'm still a long way off from the Karoq being on the drive, but I'm so excited.  Can't wait to experience that "new car smell" :D

Hi, I will offer a short reply with my experience:

According to information provided by Skoda UK, my 2.0 TDI DSG Edition was built and left the factory for Emden within one week. That was Build Week 21. The car is in Sheerness now waiting allocation of transport to the dealer. The time frame from now is a little less certain. I guess deliveries are consolidated by region for maximum load capacity of transport, pretty much the way pallets 'hitch rides' on various operator's trucks for economies of scale.

Get somebody at your dealer to give you an SLI number, then contact Skoda UK Customer Service either by phone or Live Chat. I have found them to be extremely helpful, and will tell you the latest status as they know it.

That's all, hope it helps, good luck!

I ordered my Karoq on 13th March, build week 16 apparently, Estimated delivery 25th May. Karoq 1.5 S EL DSG Cappuccino Beige with leather seats. Been in touch with Skoda Uk they've offered me a £100 voucher as a goodwill gesture and my dealership are paying for a full service on my Octavia which I'm putting in as a part ex. I have a case manager now, who will update me again on 25th June. It's waiting for the rear seats I'm told, but they cannot give an expected delivery date. Was close to cancelling the order

So today I received my final finance document from Volkswagen, it included my registration number and my registration date. My registration date is 15th June which isn’t too far now, only a month later than what they told me! Does anyone know if my car should be ready for me to pick up on that date or the day after? Just don’t want to be getting my hopes high!! Thank you

Dealer promised me car would be delivered today via transporter to the garage , so we decided to drive over there this evening and it was there ! slightly hidden in the car compound  and they have already got number plates on and from what I could see the option wheels look so nice B) .

Marc who I deal with there said he was going to hide it , but his day off today so knew we half a chance of finding it .

bring on Saturday.....

3 hours ago, Keithjock said:

I ordered my Karoq on 13th March, build week 16 apparently, Estimated delivery 25th May. Karoq 1.5 S EL DSG Cappuccino Beige with leather seats. Been in touch with Skoda Uk they've offered me a £100 voucher as a goodwill gesture and my dealership are paying for a full service on my Octavia which I'm putting in as a part ex. I have a case manager now, who will update me again on 25th June. It's waiting for the rear seats I'm told, but they cannot give an expected delivery date. Was close to cancelling the order

My experience of having a case manager is rubbish. They can't tell you anything, bar offering platitudes. My one even told me they ignore posts on here (see my previous) 

3 hours ago, Rimshax said:

So today I received my final finance document from Volkswagen, it included my registration number and my registration date. My registration date is 15th June which isn’t too far now, only a month later than what they told me! Does anyone know if my car should be ready for me to pick up on that date or the day after? Just don’t want to be getting my hopes high!! Thank you

Probably best to ask the dealer.   However, if you have signed the documents, paid the all important deposit, have your insurance sorted AND the dealer is aware you wish to collect on the 15th, then all should be fine.   Not much longer to wait and good luck with the car.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, f1arp72 said:

If you go on Skoda Uk website, contact us page between 8am & 8pm 7 days a week theres a live chat banner at the bottom.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us

If you give them your 8 digit order number which should start with a 2, then they should be able to give you an order update within minutes.

I was unable to obtain any info without it however others have been able to just give their name and other details.

You get a different person each time you chat so pester them as often as you like until you are satisfied with the info, I know I do ;)

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MarcusKaroq said:

Car now at Emden waiting for a ship, about time lol.

Could be up to 5 weeks until I’m driving it though. Worst case 3 weeks for ship and 2 weeks for transport from dock.

Great news! Where are you getting these time lines from?

Skoda UK Customer Services can give you the name of the ship which will carry your car. You can then track the ship's movements on a site like https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:0.812/centery:51.452/zoom:12

It seems to me that fully laden ships are leaving Emden on a daily basis bound for a UK port. The ships seem to have names xxxxxxxx Highway, for example my car was on Thames Highway which docked in Sheerness last Thursday after an overnight trip from Emden. Interestingly the Macassa Highway left Sheerness to 'make way' for Thames Highway.

Get the name of the allocated boat and either look at Emden departures and/or the ship itself to find out its current position and schedule.

I am given to understand that vehicles can take 7 - 10 days to process through port of arrival and transition to the dealer...then it is up to them...24 - 48 hours seems to be typical.

I am hoping to hear tomorrow of a status update indicating that my car has left Sheerness and is on the way to the dealer.

None of the information above has come from my dealer whose communication and customer service has been pitiful since the order was placed.

Good luck with your car!

Hi Guys and Gals

First post from me but have been lurking in the shadows for a while now, you guys are very nice and helpful. Been a member of VWG family for approximately 7 years now but always been on the VW side. Booo. Switching to SKODA as me and the Mrs are planning on strting a family and wanted a bigger car and we decided on the Karoq as seem to get more for your money than with VW and the ride of the ATECA wasn’t her cup of tea.

Order placed on 23/04/2018
Quartz Grey, Edition 1.5 TSI 150PS DSG
Heated Windscreen
Scuff Plates  

Estimated build week of 22
Confirmed Build week of 21
Chat with SKODA Live chat today confimed that it is on ship DANUBE HIGHWAY which left Emden today.

So fingers crossed not much longer to wait.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronster007 said:

Great news! Where are you getting these time lines from?

From skoda customer care, just gave them a call for an update. Got the timelines after further probing lol.