Delivery times

cjrp

1 hour ago, skoda1982 said:

Dealer will not give me mine said its for business use not customer use

As above, just use the live chat on the Skoda website. If you don’t have your order number all they require is your name and dealer name. They will then give you update on your order and give you your order number to make further contact easier.

50 minutes ago, DaveOL said:

Where is your dealer and what had you ordered, I will take it !!!

1.6 diesel SEL with ACC Alacantra.

Dealer is Hortons Lincoln.

Colour is Emerald Green so depends on your taste re colour and if you would be pppy with the 1.6 diesel. It has plenty of torque and obviously the fuel economy.

51 minutes ago, OldKaroq said:

Getting the month wrong is a stupid and unforgivable error. I honestly cannot blame you for cancelling, looks like you had no choice.

Have you gone for a Sportage? I couldn't ditch mine fast enough - 2 years driving the top spec was plenty long enough for me.

Yes unfortunately. It suits my needs for work as I can carry a fair amount of gear. Can’t get an Ateca and the Tiguan is to expensive.

TBH if it was going to be a personal car then I would have possibly waited and looked for recompense. It’s not it’s for work and it’s just for a couple of years. See how I am trying to convince myself here.

Still can’t figure out why it would take so long to get from Emden when it has been released for shipping!!!!!!!

Could be the dealer has screwed up and the mid to end July is wrong. That would be the icing on the cake.

7 minutes ago, Dratuk said:

Colour is Emerald Green so depends on your taste re colour and if you would be pppy with the 1.6 diesel. It has plenty of torque and obviously the fuel economy.

Thanks for the info, unfortunately we are trying to get away from Diesel and was hoping to get the Edition spec.

14 hours ago, Dratuk said:

That doesn't bode well, as also ordered from Hortons in Lincoln 

Ordered mine 16th March I have been told that it has been in Grimsby since the 9th June. Hopefully I will have my Edition by the end of June.

16 hours ago, Dratuk said:

Cancelled my order. Well I should have got the car by 29th at the latest. Hadn’t heard anything from the dealer but information from Skoda chat was that it was released for shipping at Emden. Visited dealer this afternoon and all appeared okay delivery to them on the 26th. Got home feeling happy only get a phone call from him to say he had c****d up and they were not going receive the car until the 26th July. No explanation.

My current PCH terminates on the 25th June. Had no choice but cancel as I use a car for work.

Very dissatisfying and very peed off. Spoke to Kia and I can have a car in four days. Not the car I wanted but no choice.

To those that are still waiting, the best of luck to you.

Bye

This is not good, but why didn't they offer to loan you a car short term

Out of interest who is your current PCH with, as many allow you to vary the end date on request by a few weeks (with a pro rata mileage and payment adjustment)

54 minutes ago, Livrishind said:

Ordered mine 16th March I have been told that it has been in Grimsby since the 9th June. Hopefully I will have my Edition by the end of June.

Mine's been at Grimsby since 2nd June....

Anyone know if the dealers use the same system as Skoda for tracking. Skoda are telling me that my car is still at Emden awaiting to be released but when I queried doing a deal with my px before end of month as I don’t want to have to renew the road tax on my car the dealer is telling me that it’s on a boat on way to uk.  Checked again with Skoda today and they maintain it’s still at Emden??

7 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

This is not good, but why didn't they offer to loan you a car short term

Out of interest who is your current PCH with, as many allow you to vary the end date on request by a few weeks (with a pro rata mileage and payment adjustment)

Honda finance which is Arval. I had already terminated and arranged collection. It wouldn’t be just extending for month which would be the minimum I would also have to arrange temp insurance which at business rates would be expensive.

I no longer trust the dealer or Skoda to fulfill the timeline as I have been mucked about to much.

I appreciate the post though and I had considered doing it.

Spoke to Skoda Customer Services today, they basically have no clue what is happening about my order and say they are trying to get an answer from the factory. I think I am being lied to. 

Update to my earlier post, my car is being delivered to the dealer tomorrow and ready to pick up on tues\weds. My build time to delivery seem to be the same as other people on the board so can’t complain too much. Just the dealer hasn’t been all that great and much worse than I have experienced with VW who are owned by the same mother company Marriot. Only thing I couldn’t knock them for was price.

I am glad after reading posts on here recently that I put my order in at the right time. I feel for you guys who had expected to get the car in same time frame but have had to wait ridiculous amounts of time and people who have had their ordered completely cancelled. It does seem like a shambles on Skoda’s behalf, this maybe my first but could well be my last. 

I would expect if paying these sort on sums for cars to at least be respected and updated regularly, at very least. I think that buying a new car is not just about the product but the whole customer journey from order to pulling off for the first time. They should realise who pays for their wages, big name advertisements etc ....customers tend to remember the bad parts but not so much the good. 

• Like 2

For those awaiting their first new Skoda, bear in mind you will get an "experience" questionnaire shortly after handover.

In addition to any other fusses well and truly kicked up, that's another chance to say how you feel about the dealer and about the brand.

• Like 1

I ordered 17th April ("Edition", Candy White, Beige Interior, Light Assist & Spare Wheel) and was today informed by the dealer I am now "Code 20, Week 25", which indicates  my car is being built next week ! Dealer sent me a screenshot of the updated order as confirmation, so although actual delivery is likely to be a tad later than I'd hoped, it's MUCH better news than those unfortunate guys who've had their orders cancelled.  My fingers are now crossed that there are no hold ups along the way:biggrin:

1 hour ago, Michael G said:

For those awaiting their first new Skoda, bear in mind you will get an "experience" questionnaire shortly after handover.

In addition to any other fusses well and truly kicked up, that's another chance to say how you feel about the dealer and about the brand.

Im more than happy to fill in any survey or questionnaire, they can only improve on what information/ feedback is given to them. Unfortunately some people choose to ignore or make them up. Constructive feedback always helps customers long term and if I can help make someone else’s experience better then that’s great. 

Also with given feedback there there are many advantages such as vouchers and freebies. I have gained £50 in the last three months by just giving feedback on purchases. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MarcusKaroq said:

Im more than happy to fill in any survey or questionnaire, they can only improve on what information/ feedback is given to them. Unfortunately some people choose to ignore or make them up. Constructive feedback always helps customers long term and if I can help make someone else’s experience better then that’s great. 

Also with given feedback there there are many advantages such as vouchers and freebies. I have gained £50 in the last three months by just giving feedback on purchases. 

With our last two new Skodas, the dealer management was keen to ensure we'd give them 5*. There was an implication they got a ******ing or some sort of penalty from SUK if they didn't.

As it happens, we had the car in 9 weeks. Within that, dealer updates were variable, and they did something daft over accessories. Add to that the lack of a customer update portal from SUK itself and I used the opportunity to feedback my thoughts.

Agree, on feedback generally. I get credits for doing some. 

I've seen here a post with the codes and their description from ordering until delivery (i.e. 010, 020 etc.), but can't find it.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks!

Bad news, Skoda Customer Service just rang, my order has been cancelled 7 weeks after I placed it, something to do with the 1.5 TSI Edition DSG petrol no longer being available and I need to contact the dealer, fuming !!!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1