Folding front passenger seat?

Lasttriumph

Can anyone say for CERTAIN whether the folding front passenger seat facility is available as standard or as an option on the Karoq?

I'm 6'4" and sleep in my car frequently as part of my hobby and this is an essential feature.

The Peugeot 3008 has it as standard and whilst I'd prefer the Karoq - it's a deal breaker.

It's neither standard nor a cost option. I wanted it on our Edition as it's very handy when you need to carry something long. It was available in the Yeti but unfortunately not on its successor.

It is available in the UK as an extra cost option through your dealer as a factory-fit extra.

Here is a picture off the German configurator detailing a cost of 80Eur:                                               Image: Umklappbare Beifahrersitzlehne

Would be interested if anyone can verify that this is available via UK dealers as it's not on the UK spec sheet (appreciate it is on the German spec sheet).

I have a suspicion that a bit like with the foldable tables on the backrests, we won't get an option in the UK. The lack of the folding passenger seat option may even be due to the standard fit tables as the chair frames with the tables seem to have an extra metal bracket in the back to mount the tables onto.

Interested to hear what a UK dealer or Skoda UK would have to say though. 

My answer above was confirmed within the last 7 days by Skoda dealer - West End Garage, Halbeath, Dunfermline as I currently spec up a Karoc as a replacement for my Yeti.

Edited by Arkaig

1 hour ago, Arkaig said:

My answer above was confirmed within the last 7 days by Skoda dealer - West End Garage, Halbeath, Dunfermline as I currently spec up a Karoc as a replacement for my Yeti.

Thanks - I wonder why there is no mention of it in the brochure or on the website?

What is the cost in GBP?

Many thanks,

I expect it to be c£75 but I don't know exactly as I'm not at that stage yet, as I'm waiting on the availability of the 190ps diesel engine, dynamic chassis control, and digital dashboard to complete my order and finalise cost.

I think the dealer model code for ordering the fold-flat front passenger seat is: GPHJPHJ

43 minutes ago, Arkaig said:

I expect it to be c£75 but I don't know exactly as I'm not at that stage yet, as I'm waiting on the availability of the 190ps diesel engine, dynamic chassis control, and digital dashboard to complete my order and finalise cost.

I think the dealer model code for ordering the fold-flat front passenger seat is: GPHJPHJ

Thanks, appreciated.

To add (confusion?) I have this info;

It's an option (100EUR) in Germany. Option code is PHJ - Foldable passenger seat

However, it is NOT compatible with:

PLC - Seats in fabric/leather/artificial leather with Varioflex

PLB - Seats in leather/artificial leather with Varioflex

PWC - Sportseats

WFD - Style Comfort pack (seats in fabric/leather/artificial leather, Varioflex, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, heated windscreen)

Basically I think the foldable front passenger seat is ONLY compatible with the standard fabric seats. I can spec Varioflex (PWD) with Foldable Passenger Seat (PHJ) so Varioflex is not the problem. I'd say if you want to have a foldable seat, be very sure which seats you order because even though the dealer SAYS they can retrofit them, I'm not so sure.

Sounds like it could be similar to Yeti. I wanted the folding front passenger with the sports seats I ordered. I was told it was not compatable, probably because the increased bolstering meant they would not fold. Could this be the same issue with the leather seats as they also have greater bolstering.

Colin

It might not fold fully-flat, but presumably the front passenger seat can still be folded forward a bit? Maybe someone who already has their Karoq could confirm?

Any chance anyone with a Karoq could measure the maximum load length with the front passenger seat pushed all the way forwad and with the back rest would all the way forward, too?

i.e what length could a mattress be before hitting the back of the front seat as far forward as it is possible to move it, right to the back of the boot where your feet would be.

I appreciate that there will be an unsupported section above the rear passenger foot well, but I can sort that easily.

Really appreciate it if someone could take 5 mins and measure that for me?

Thanks in Advance.