Little Scrote

JohnRS

Some little scrote just knocked the other half's wing mirror off. To give him his dues he knocked on the door to tell us and leave his details. He said " I stopped behind the car, then indicated and pulled out so must have just clipped it." Not from the CCTV footage he didn't. :angry:

We have houses at the back of ours but we do have a drive, however don't use it often as it would mean unlocking/opening two sets of gates every time we need the car which isn't convenient. Ironically neither is not having a wing mirror. 

It's a 30 limit but the road is a long straight road so people often exceed this. 

16 minutes ago, simonsheil said:

Doesn't look excessively fast, just a space mis judgement. At least he stopped. 

No suggestion of speed in the OP, but watching the clip again the offender doesn’t stop behind the Octy, indicate and pull out like they had said. 

Just think scrote is a harsh call. May have told a white lie, but unlikely to be speeding and stopped and told the owner. 

Its an innocent mistake that he will likely learn from, but people seem to demand perfection at all times these days. 

• Like 3

How is scrote a harsh call? He's seen the oncoming car and tried to squeeze through a gap that isn't sufficient to accommodate his car, taking an unnecessary risk. What happens if he does this as someone opens their door? I know I pass parked cars with sufficient space to avoid an open door. I view this as common sense, clearly not everyone has the same logic though. 

13 hours ago, JohnRS said:

We have houses at the back of ours but we do have a drive, however don't use it often as it would mean unlocking/opening two sets of gates every time we need the car which isn't convenient. Ironically neither is not having a wing mirror. 

10 hours ago, JohnRS said:

How is scrote a harsh call? He's seen the oncoming car and tried to squeeze through a gap that isn't sufficient to accommodate his car, taking an unnecessary risk. What happens if he does this as someone opens their door? I know I pass parked cars with sufficient space to avoid an open door. I view this as common sense, clearly not everyone has the same logic though. 

Common sense would tell me in the first place to bloody use the drive? ;) 

One of neighbours took the mirror swmbo's car about 18months ago. Was rushing his lad to meet the team bus going to a football match. As soon as he got back he was at the door apologising, and paid for the replacing etc no arguing.

Havnt watched the video, but okay, he said he stopped when he didnt, but at least he did stop after the incident and come and tell you.. how many other "non-scrotes" (school run mummies, white van men, etc...) wouldve just kept going and hoped they werent seen then deny all knowledge if challenged?

Was he a muppet for a moment, yes. Scrote, i dont think so for the reasins above.

1 hour ago, BATVANVRS said:

Common sense would tell me in the first place to bloody use the drive? ;) 

I view this as common sense, clearly not everyone has the same logic though.

I would use the drive,  it has  to mean cheaper insurance compared to declaring you park on the street. 

My drive exits onto a different street to my property, which means I have to negotiate two dodgy junctions rather one, but I would rather do that knowing my vehicle is more secure on my drive. 

If I parked outside my property, by the standards of driving around here, my car would probably be written off by now. 

OMG, what a lying, evil little Hitler this Nazi kid is... I bet he bashes grannies and eats babies, but only confesses when caught in the act!!

You're lucky he even stopped, much less gave you any details... I assume you've fully interrogated the suspect, verified the information, cross referenced the FBI database, and everything?

You got clipped - No-one died, the guy stopped, fessed up and did the right thing. What more could you ask for?

Smile and be happy that there are still some fairly honest folk in the world... albeit a little embarrassed at their own mistakes!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MickA said:

I always tuck my mirrors in when parking up on a road/car park. At least he admitted his mistake, I guess most wouldn't and carry on.

Maybe El Scroto knew he was on candid camera?

When I park in Tescos always park far away as possible from other cars to avoid any prangs from shopping trolleys etc.Did the same last week and came out of the store to find some Pratt had hit My drivers door wing mirror.No damage apart from the scuff mark which took lots of elbow grease to polish out.

30 minutes ago, leckman said:

When I park in Tescos always park far away as possible from other cars to avoid any prangs from shopping trolleys etc.Did the same last week and came out of the store to find some Pratt had hit My drivers door wing mirror.No damage apart from the scuff mark which took lots of elbow grease to polish out.

I try that and usually find some gravitationally gifted arsehole has parked a beaten up POS Renault (it's always a Renault) within 6 inches of my car and has tried to move my car over to fit their sweaty fat ass out the gap by banging their car door on mine since that will clearly move 2T of German iron out the way.

Doesn't matter what I've driven there is always some fat sweaty **** doing that in a supermarket car park.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Aspman said:

I try that and usually find some gravitationally gifted arsehole has parked a beaten up POS Renault (it's always a Renault) within 6 inches of my car and has tried to move my car over to fit their sweaty fat ass out the gap by banging their car door on mine since that will clearly move 2T of German iron out the way.

Doesn't matter what I've driven there is always some fat sweaty **** doing that in a supermarket car park.

I couldn't disagree more. It's generally a Corsa. :cool:

2 minutes ago, Bignij said:

I couldn't disagree more. It's generally a Corsa. :cool:

North South divide man!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ttaskmaster said:

OMG, what a lying, evil little Hitler this Nazi kid is... I bet he bashes grannies and eats babies, but only confesses when caught in the act!!

Thats a bit harsh, and rather judgemental too.

He's young and inexperienced, maybe a little 'slapdash' and headstrong.

Nobody apart from JohnRS has met this young person so its very hard for us to make a judgement on what he is like as an individual.

We are all too quick to 'judge' people in these 'modern times' and we need to be reminded that there are still some good people out there with morals and standards. 

To put this in context, a colleague's car was stolen recently. Within a few days, guilty party spotted by police who knew that he was not likely to be the owner. Arrested with girlfriend and baby (not in child seat) and to rub it in,  having placed a sat nav  and a new air freshener in it! Charged no insurance, baby seat. Taken to court. Released scot free due to lack of evidence. The reason given was that he' stated he'd been given the car off a guy, couldn't remember his name etc. Colleague had to pay £150 for pleasure of getting his own car from the car pound. Makes you proud to be British. Oh and that thief is definitely a scrote. 

• Like 1