Post Your Reflection Shots

Titanium_Man

Just now, jars said:

Of course I did and is the only way I could tell you it didn’t work on me phone :D

jars, I strive for black paint reflections like what was in the video I posted. I suspect there must've been a degree of wet sanding involved at some point in the process. I love black paint, but its a swine to keep looking error free.B)

18 hours ago, jars said:

I agree .... for a mates black Audi S3 to do in the coming weeks, which I’m looking forward too

Will you be doing any wet sanding or a full m/c polish. Ooh the satisfaction of freshly corrected paint :cool:

I’ve had a very good look and no wet sanding needed.... but yeah, great satisfaction from a good mop B)

Sorry for the poor pics, but this was my last wet sanding one I did .... only a small patch. I do have a black mk1 Fab vRS sat in my garage that I was considering wetting the whole thing, just for good practice and to see what kinda result I can personally get. 

56461FD0-9B78-4DF1-B8DF-5A5D2410978D.jpeg

Nice work jars. Looks tip top. I honed my wet sanding skills on my daughters black fabia sport that we bought off hutchy. Have done quite a lot on other cars since with awesome results. Don't forget the pics of your friends Audi once you've tackled it :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, valvedoctor46 said:

Couldn't resist taking a shot like jars' opening photo on this thread. I spent a total of 11 hours over the weekend in the garage only to be greeted with some hologramming this morning which the sun kindly lit up for me :angry:

Vrs reflection.JPG

Looks awesome!! 

Yeah I had exactly the same when I took that car from my first post out into the sun. Eventually worked out it was the crap MF cloths I was using and got it sorted. I lesson well learnt. 

• Like 2

Okay random ones. 

Honda Civic door shut. 

FHeiLMjl.jpg

nkKkPlVl.jpg

GX68odXl.jpg

Honda Civic wheels

4bGYO1Sl.jpg

enuXZfyl.jpg

More Honda Civic 

utokawal.jpg

vvlbyh3l.jpg

x2r43Mcl.jpg

Skoda Superb 

9mtPXyvl.jpg

• Like 3

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:41, jars said:

Looks awesome!! 

Yeah I had exactly the same when I took that car from my first post out into the sun. Eventually worked out it was the crap MF cloths I was using and got it sorted. I lesson well learnt. 

Hey jars, It never even occurred to me that it could be the m/f's causing the holograms, albeit I use what I thought was quality edgeless Korean ones. Your comment has also got me thinking about the foam handpuck I used to apply the wax . I have since been on carpro uk website and found some interesting products. Anyone on here had experience with the Koch chemie anti hologram product ?

koch chemie anti hologram.PNG

carpro reset shampoo.PNG

27 minutes ago, valvedoctor46 said:

Hey jars, It never even occurred to me that it could be the m/f's causing the holograms, albeit I use what I thought was quality edgeless Korean ones. Your comment has also got me thinking about the foam handpuck I used to apply the wax . I have since been on carpro uk website and found some interesting products. Anyone on here had experience with the Koch chemie anti hologram product ?

Yeah, it took me a little while to pin it down to the MF’s. I bought loads of the orange Boa MF’s from clean your car, which are awesome. 

The puck should be alright.... you’re not being too heavy handed with it?!