Post Your Reflection Shots

Titanium_Man

On 6/28/2018 at 16:56, robt100 said:

@theo_k that looks fantastic, thought someone had just taken a photo of you for a minute...........fancy coming and doing my 'fleet'? :D

Thanks mate, I should have taken a before pic to see how bad it was (from body shop), I never thought I would manage something like that.  The entire fleet?!?!  I still havent finish mine, driver's door and fender still to be done :D

On 5/15/2018 at 17:27, Svend said:

(after pressure rinsing the snow foam or citrus pre-wash off) 

It may be terminology or even semantics, and I bow to your far greater knowledge and ability, but when I first started using snow foam, it didn't click immediately that you didn't rinse it off, you pressure washed it off. Having said that, I'm still not convinced that snow foam is all that. Using ValetPro pH neutral at the moment. I'm going to try the Bilthamber stuff next. :wondering:

6 hours ago, Bignij said:

It may be terminology or even semantics, and I bow to your far greater knowledge and ability, but when I first started using snow foam, it didn't click immediately that you didn't rinse it off, you pressure washed it off. Having said that, I'm still not convinced that snow foam is all that. Using ValetPro pH neutral at the moment. I'm going to try the Bilthamber stuff next. :wondering:

Snow foam isn't 100%, like citrus sprays, they are a pre-wash to remove as much dirt as they can and any dirt left behind can be removed easier and more safely with the 2BM. 

I use Gtechniq W4 Citrus Foam, but sometimes I'll just use Gtechniq Gwash, pressure rinse/wash, then a less dense foam of Gwash and the 2BM with Gwash in a bucket. Other times I'll spray some Bilt Hamber Surfed or Valet Pro All Purpose Cleaner on and the foam. It depends on what the car needs, what the car is saying/telling me, how much time I have, what's the weather like, etc...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Making the most of being furloughed! Britemax black max with Collinite 476s on top. Haven't used the Collinite in years but need to use up some stock before I can buy more as the amount of waxes I have is ridiculous! 

20200413_131705.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FatWolfie said:

After usual full clean, went over the car again with Meguirs waterless wash, came up very shiny!

1A275BED-0D7D-4F46-976D-EC8C7D56A29F.jpeg

96B5E7F9-5735-41E0-9BBB-A6853496D4AC.jpeg

Very nice. 

What car is that? 

Meguiars do some great products for black cars. Gold class spray wax is particularly good. Great on glass as well. 

• Like 1

Well spotted everyone t’s a Morgan Plus 4 110 Edition. If I can’t drive it currently at least I can clean it!

@VRSmarty the Meguirs product I used was Ultimate Waterless Wash and Wax. Very helpful product when showing the car and it gets dirty on the way. Just need a plentiful supply of microfibre cloths!

CB233767-88CC-4D5F-9731-C43F43CA117C.jpeg

42 minutes ago, FatWolfie said:

The Meguirs product I used was Ultimate Waterless Wash and Wax. Very helpful product when showing the car and it gets dirty on the way. Just need a plentiful supply of microfibre cloths!

Just out of interest, have you experienced any issues with scratches being left when using the waterless wash?

@skinnyman It depends really on how anal you are and how closely you look really 😂

To me, I think the car is slightly scratched and could do with a proper correcting polish and wax, but I am very anal about these things!

Most people would say it was fine..

I think it helped a lot that 3 months after delivery (factory recommended period to let the pain fully harden) my local detailer was engaged to give the car a thorough polish/paint correction and then traditional wax, all done by hand!

That means that most scratches really are superficial and another hand polish and waxing will sort it. He’s doing this for me once the current madness is over.

Another key is using plenty of cloths, I used 16 microfibres when I did a full “ground up” clean on it at the NEC last November. We drove down in torrential rain and the car was pretty grubby when we got there. Each cloth was folded into 4, and only one pass on the car was made with any cloth surface (I told you I was anal!)

It came up pretty well, the picture is taken after cleaning under the NEC lights which are very harsh. Not really any scratching showing but not perfect by any means.  Only editing on the picture is to zoom it in to better show the light reflections.

Overall I’m pretty happy to use the stuff but definitely prefer a traditional wash and use it as a detailer at the end...

6A4A191C-F3C5-4A95-AEDD-A4AD0172E448.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, IamGaz said:

Jars, your nose looks quite different in red! 😁

Gaz

I look like a hobo right now .... not had my hair cut or trimmed the facial hair for about 12 weeks now 😵

16 minutes ago, VRSmarty said:

Not sure if its cheating posting a plastic lens but this caught my eye so took a snap of it. 

Also inspired by Jars above!

20200420_162425.jpg

Nice 😍 

• Thanks 1