Skoda Fabia 2007 model , engine light goes off when drive slow

raky

Hi Team , My Skoda Fabia 2007  reg. (90k done)  had engine light on,  got tested and found that O2 sensor-1 had issue, changed the same next day engine light pop up again, got tested and found that now o2 señor-2 has problem , mechanic feel that it could be other issue or catalytic converter  so asked me to get tested from electrician . Sorry sorting out from electrcian ...

I have noticed that during helping to my learner driver friend in driving i.e ( driving gear 2 too slow ) the engine light goes away happily and comes again when i drive back normally  on roads.. 

Any idea why the engine lights goes of when car driven very slowly for more  than hour please??  ,  does driving too slow does something to catalytic converter or o2 sensor and its behaviours changes.??

Please advice.

Cheers

raky

Not had an issue with slow driving as a driving instructor but have heard of o2 sensors failing. Might need cleaning or replacing but is often JUST the sensor, not the system so worth checking!

Are the sensors the same for 1 and 2? If so, swap and see if fault goes back to 1.

P.S. Mine is 1.4 diesel model.

Edited by mrgf
  • Like 1