Would you rent out your car whilst on holiday

SPUD122

“We’re all used to, and comfortable with, the sharing economy. So sharing a car while people go away isn’t such a big step.

^^^ I think that person lives in cloud cuckoo land^^^

Would I like someone to use my car, no!

Read your insurance papers, I'm sure it states on most not to be rented out for gain, or words to that effect.

Going to be worth watching.

Like Rent out your parking place, no planning required, or 'Rent a room',  avoid paying Income Taxes.

HMRC caught out again.  DVSA / DfT / UK Government 'Chris Grayling MP.

'Buy to rent vehicles',  Cash paid, money laundering, Organised Crime financing what can be pool vehicles, 

dodgy Driving Licence Checks,  and Insurance. 

12 minutes ago, Skodaboy1983 said:

Not for me....

only people who drive my car would be me, wife, my mate, my dad and mother in law as I know they would look after my car.

Davy

And you know where they live.

• Haha 1

No way would i rent out my car to others... i dont even trust most of my family enough to let them borrow my car!!

And it would definitely have insurance implications. As in it would invalidate your policy, just like most people who do rent their homes via a particular website surely dont have valid home insurance to do so... or a particular unregulated "taxi" / "ride sharing app" is surely not covered under your day to day car insurance policy which does state under the excluded uses "not to be used for hire or gain".

Taxi insurance is expensive for a reason..