Roof Bars

olly_shaw

Who's getting roof bars then? 

I've just ordered the Thule 9585 wingbars in silver.  (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thule-958500-WingBar-Complete-Racks/dp/B00B9DAVWO).

Halfords say they'll fit, we'll see. If they do they should go nicely with the silver rails. Got some open box ones for £160.

Also any recommendations for the boxes? I'd like one to replace a large suitcase or two.

Edited by olly_shaw

I like Kamei. Had one on the Yeti, with the Yeti OEM bars, but only needed it for camping, and we've packed that in.

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/roof-boxes/

Aim to load bulky, but lightweight stuff up top. Check the specs for roofload and max capacity of the box. And be prepared for a fuel hit.

• Like 1

I've just cleaned up my Whispbars, 10 years old and came up like new, been on my Freelander 2, Yeti, Octavia and now the Karoq.

3 hours ago, olly_shaw said:

Who's getting roof bars then? 

I've just ordered the Thule 9585 wingbars in silver.  (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thule-958500-WingBar-Complete-Racks/dp/B00B9DAVWO).

Halfords say they'll fit, we'll see. If they do they should go nicely with the silver rails. Got some open box ones for £160.

Also any recommendations for the boxes? I'd like one to replace a large suitcase or two.

According to the Thule site it should be the 9582 bars

https://www.thule.com/en-gb/gb/roof-rack/car-racks/thule-wingbar-edge-9582-_-958200

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vectis said:

According to the Thule site it should be the 9582 bars

yeah I saw that. Thule's documentations seems to suggest the lengths overlap. Fingers crossed. If not I'll send them back. Will report back when I try them.

• Like 1

This screenshot from the Karoq accessories pdf show "theirs" - which look like Thule to me, but not wrap right round. Do the rails have fixing points like the Yeti?

Screenshot_20180317-201450-01.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Just picked up a set of these in Lidl for £30. Seen identical ones on eBay but Lidl give you a 3 year guarantee. Karoq isn't listed on the models that it fits as assume too new but the Kodiaq  and Ateca are on there so should be ok. Will try at the weekend.

DSC_3688.JPG

DSC_3690.JPG

295046_01.jpg

Tried them on the car today. Perfect fit with no overhang. Easy to put on and take off. Only minor issue I have is the key has to stay in the lock whilst you tighten one side and you wouldn't really want your bunch of keys attached and scratching your roof.

DSC_3689.JPG

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 08:50, solarfusion said:

Just picked up a set of these in Lidl for £30. Seen identical ones on eBay but Lidl give you a 3 year guarantee. Karoq isn't listed on the models that it fits as assume too new but the Kodiaq  and Ateca are on there so should be ok. Will try at the weekend.

DSC_3688.JPGJs

DSC_3690.JPG

295046_01.jpg

Have also ordered a Karoq, and was in Lidl yesterday and found the last one in stock, bought it knowing that it will fit mine, many thanks for posting this.

Thank you @solarfusion  husband managed to get these tonight from Lidl, he saw them on Monday but wasn't sure if they would fit, yet to try them but on Amazon they are £49.99 and Ebay about £60.  Never had a car with all these attachments before but I'm sure it will be useful for the Wickes run at least my car won't be used to cram wood in now :o

Aldi  are getting them in on Thursday, same price, for those who can’t get any from Lidl

Edited by Karman

On 20/05/2018 at 14:07, Karman said:

Aldi  are getting them in on Thursday, same price, for those who can’t get any from Lidl

Are these the Aldi ones? Different name but photo looks the same as Lidl's.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/auto-xs-roof-bar-set/p/084289211566000

Which size? " Choose from 120cm or 135cm approx"

And in the safety warning "Do not exceed 55mph"  Really?

nothing about speed restrictions on the box of the Lidl ones, for a Karoq you need the 120cm ones weight limit was 90kg

• 1 month later...

Well, it's take a long time to get them on. But the Thule 9585 fit perfectly! I think some other bars will give more space, but these look great IMO.

Olly

1537829420_2018-07-1015_36_17.thumb.jpg.c315cc2ddc3f4041348c7dcf53ea94a8.jpg

Edited by olly_shaw
spelling!