Black magic paint, poorboys black hole glaze ?

Daxmatt

Ok so I've got myself a yeti in black magic pearl and I'm wanting a good quality polish for it, I have some swirl marks and a few shallow scratches I want to cover up and I've seen the poorboys stuff, is it any good or has anyone tried it, or is there  a better back polish available, I'm sorted for wax it's just polish I'm trying to find 

Thanks Matt

I use to have a black vehicle before & always used poorboys black hole, absolutely loved the results it achieved & I was only using it via hand, also great results with pete’s 53 wax layered on top. B)

12 hours ago, BATVANVRS said:

I use to have a black vehicle before & always used poorboys black hole, absolutely loved the results it achieved & I was only using it via hand, also great results with pete’s 53 wax layered on top. B)

Cheers I'll have a look at that for when my current wax runs out 

On 4/9/2018 at 17:44, Daxmatt said:

Ok so I've got myself a yeti in black magic pearl and I'm wanting a good quality polish for it, I have some swirl marks and a few shallow scratches I want to cover up and I've seen the poorboys stuff, is it any good or has anyone tried it, or is there  a better back polish available, I'm sorted for wax it's just polish I'm trying to find 

Thanks Matt

Poorboys Black Hole is a glaze, so you'll need to put a wax over the top, try their Natty's paste wax, I think they do one now for Black cars and it isn't too expensive.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been thinking about this also.  My choice is between the Black Hole + Wax, or some Chemical Guys Hybrid 7 Quick Detailer/Sealant combo + wax.  I thought the Nattys black wax was a little bit expensive...

3 hours ago, hwr1983 said:

Been thinking about this also.  My choice is between the Black Hole + Wax, or some Chemical Guys Hybrid 7 Quick Detailer/Sealant combo + wax.  I thought the Nattys black wax was a little bit expensive...

As it happens I've just thought stuff it and bought the Natty's wax aswell, I have got other wax but just liked the idea of having a wax for darker cars 

• Like 1

I've used the black hole to great effect on my black magic vrs. I've tried a few waxes but always end up going back to collinite 476s. 

Meguiars gold class quick detailer always makes the paint pop in a way that nothing else I've tried can as well. Even my missus noticed the difference and I'd be surprised if she would notice I've swapped the car for something else. 

• Like 1

On 12/04/2018 at 12:31, Daxmatt said:

As it happens I've just thought stuff it and bought the Natty's wax aswell, I have got other wax but just liked the idea of having a wax for darker cars 

Can you do a before and after photo? Might sway my decision :D 

On 09/04/2018 at 23:34, BATVANVRS said:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

IMG_4646_zpsqpi2opdm.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Love Black Hole, works a dreams and easy to use.

As for wax to apply on top, noticed this is newly stocked at my local detailing shop. Natty's paste wax black edition, made for black cars of course. should again help with filling in scratches etc.

http://www.waxworx.uk/shop/shop-by-category/wax/poorboy-world-nattys-paste-wax-black/

I tried Poorboys Blackhole a while back. 

The car was was a 56 plate black Audi A3 that was poorly looked after and covered in micromarring from drive through car washes.  

iRln1zVl.jpg

glNfvl9l.jpg

A colleague who's cars I've looked after for over six years bought a 16 plate black Honda Civic Ninth Gen, bought in September last year. 

She's only ever been safe washed. Pressure rinsed, snow foamed, rinsed, foamed with car shampoo and then two bucket washed with shampoo, rinsed, foamed with CarPro Hydrofoam, rinsed, dried with Gyeon Cure. 

RxGGoFvl.jpg

8cdSOUnl.jpg

Edited by Svend

I have used PBBH on a dark metallic car and due to it being a glaze it masked the fine scratches. To aid longevity I used Collinite 915 or FK100p (sealants that last ages).