Best car mats

13 hours ago, just music said:

It's a shame the driver's mat can't be bought separately, as it's always the one that wears through first, but we're forced to buy a whole set. Not very ecological...

You can order each mat from a dealer:-

These are the part numbers for the vRS with silver stitching:-

Front mats 5E2864463EV0G & 5E2864435V0G priced @ £19.05 +VAT each.

Rear mats 5E0864452BV0G & 5E0864451BV0G priced @ £14.83 +VAT each.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jon TDI said:

Do you have the codes for non VRs mats ?

21 minutes ago, Jon TDI said:

They are standard fit on the VRS so I guess it makes sense that you can buy them individually.  Otherwise it would be a bit like saying you have to buy two headlamps when you only need one.

The question is does the same principle apply to mats only available as accessories? 

23 minutes ago, juan27 said:

They are standard fit on the VRS so I guess it makes sense that you can buy them individually.  Otherwise it would be a bit like saying you have to buy two headlamps when you only need one.

The question is does the same principle apply to mats only available as accessories? 

Would assume not. Anyone with the accessory mats able to confirm if there's a label on the back of each mat with a unique part number? I have the Silver Stitch VRS ones as per @Jon TDI and they have a label on each with a unique PN.

3 hours ago, AtomCom said:

I suppose it depends on if you want matching mats.   I myself can see no issue in having a driver's mat completely different from the other 3.  At the end of the day a driver mat has a different use pattern anyways 

Are you mad?? That would get me right in the OCD! 

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

+1 Happened to me on my Mk2

Seems a solution has appeared here, I’m so gunna give my dealer a ring over those!!

1 hour ago, AtomCom said:

Best place to order these rubber mats from ?  Superskoda ?

Once postage is added in, better off going to the dealers. Mine were about £40 from memory :)

Edited by SashaGrace

19 minutes ago, ahenners said:

Would assume not. Anyone with the accessory mats able to confirm if there's a label on the back of each mat with a unique part number? I have the Silver Stitch VRS ones as per @Jon TDI and they have a label on each with a unique PN.

From memory there is something molded on the rubber ones, I will check tonight if I remember.  

On 11/04/2018 at 15:21, SC03OTT said:

OEM heavy duty rubber ones. Form a tight seal around the footwell. Contains dirt and water well.  If I didn’t have two young children I may have regular carpet mats. 

Always had velour mats in my cars however the Octavia came supplied with both the protection pack and the velour mats.  Always hated the thought of rubber mats but thought I'd leave them on for the winter...

...they'll also be used for spring, summer and autumn too - I'm a convert !  Perhaps generic rubber mats look a tad industrial, but the ones specifically tailored to fit the Octavia look great. Doubt anyone can accuse Skoda of skimpering on quality as all 4 mats + boot liner are quite weighty.  

1 hour ago, JohnnyType2 said:

saw these on facebook... very tasty

mats.jpg

For the MK3?  They don’t look the same shape as the OEM ones, even taking into account bigger lips and overlaps etc..?  I do like the idea of a transmission tunnel one though. My 4 year old makes good use of it to get in her seat. I’m not allowed to help of course, she can do it on her own :dull:

• 2 weeks later...

Part number for the driver's rubber mat. The first one ending in 550 is for the set.

Second 5E2 862 436 is the single mat.

IMG_20180423_184436096.jpg

• Like 1

I have a full set of original rubber mats including the one for the boot. I no longer need them as I’ve recently switched to a Superb.

Open to sensible offers for the full set. 

I’m near Coventry for collecting as I think postage with the boot mat would be quite pricey. 

• 2 years later...
On 23/04/2018 at 18:58, juan27 said:

Part number for the driver's rubber mat. The first one ending in 550 is for the set.

Second 5E2 862 436 is the single mat.

IMG_20180423_184436096.jpg

So coming up to three years on I have a hole in my driver's mat and just tried to order 5E2 862 436 only to be told computer says no. Anyone successfully bought this without buying the set?

• 3 months later...

TPS only sell all 4 = £54.17 plus vat.

Garland Skoda Aldershot = "that's not a complete part number" wasn't a good start to the conversation, but they are coming back to me with a price and availability....

I would also love to just buy the drivers rubber mat, as the others are in perfect condition. It just seems another way a company can make more money, by selling the mats in full sets only. 

Morning everyone,

I looked around online for carpet mats and in the end I went got them from carmats4u. They seem decent quality for the money and better thickness than the stock Skoda carpets (Czech marked) that were already in there, which I assume weren't the premium ones as they seem thin.

I can't comment on the rubber ones though as I never have them.

Cheers ,

22 hours ago, Nogrille said:

TPS only sell all 4 = £54.17 plus vat.

Garland Skoda Aldershot = "that's not a complete part number" wasn't a good start to the conversation, but they are coming back to me with a price and availability....

No Luck with the dealer either - they can only sell the whole set of rubber mats.