What are people's opinions on this build

I feel that I may have quite a divisive choice of build here with a rather full list of optional extras, so might as well see what everyone's thoughts on it are?

Further to that I may look at asking the dealer if I can get a set of black Triglav or Crater alloys.

image.png.b885c31be50d8c39c0e6734d49e1ceb1.png
image.png.50646d365df99ca9d27043b13d509e78.png
image.png.474f880ece8bccf68fbd5261c83b2d61.png

Edited by abaday789

As they say, you takes your choice and pays your money.

It will be your car, so as long as you’re happy with what you’re getting then who cares what anyone else thinks. There are options there I think are a waste and you’ll use them precisely once, but to the next person they may be essential for some reason.

Pretty much the same spec and engine i've gone for... 2.0 TSI.. hmm don't forget the £95 for the remote release of the rear seats from the boot :)

meteor grey. I have not seen that colour before, i would check with dealer if that adds any delay in build time though?

quick bit of googling - and aside from Sportline, i can only find a Karoq that would like an Edition - i actually like it, but i don't think i'm that brave to chance it :) iaa-frankfurt-2017-skoda-karoq-290882-16

i wouldn't have paddle shift, but that's just personal opinion. 

I've got the aluminium pedals. They look good. (see above).

I wanted Anthracite tri glav wheels. I was told I couldn't, unless I bought them separately and would be left with the original wheels.

Can't comment on the rest. 

Edited by Bignij

I haven't seen the remote release option on the list on CarWow but. I'm probably not looking hard enough and it's probably in one of the packs you have to choose.

I'm on two sides with the paddle shift. Reason being is the heated wheel for the other half due to her poor blood circulation and with the paddle shift only being £90 more it's a bit more of a "why not" option. 
I already have a MonteCarlo Fabia in Meteor Grey and am myself quite a bit of a fan and also why I have spec'd it on the Kodiaq for now as I doubt you will see much about in that colour. I think there's a Meteor grey Octavia vRS local to me and that's about all I've seen. 
Though I did pass a green Octavia vRS the other day that said "L4 VRS" on the plate lol

Edited by abaday789

The left paddle shifter got in the way of the turn signal arm for me (test drove a Kodiaq with them on)

Everything else is personal choice :)

Personally: I don't like the Meteor Grey paint.  Makes it look like you are driving a battleship :tongueout:

1 minute ago, silver1011 said:

You have to pay for split folding rear seats on the Edition?

I so it seems. But I am doing this via Carwow rather than via the Skoda config. But then on the Skoda config I can't see the options for any of the packs. Which makes it all the more confusing!

Edited by abaday789

Folding tables are for the two small people who will often be in the back eating food etc. every few weeks while we travel to see family. But then again I'm in two minds about them also due whether or not they will actually use them rather than just using their lap. Especially as there can be such a large gap between middle and crew seats. I think that will be a decision made there and then in the showroom.

Edited by abaday789

14 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

You have to pay for split folding rear seats on the Edition?

They split 60:40 as standard. Think the cost option is to make that 40:20:40.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WiggosSideburns said:

They split 60:40 as standard. Think the cost option is to make that 40:20:40.

Nah, @Krooked meant the remote releases I believe. All Kodiaqs are 60:40 split-folding with the middle seat fully folding i.e. no hole. There's no true 40:20:40 seat option like in the Q7 or Karoq for example.

kitdgwy4zinkybm5lbzi.jpg

11 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Nah, @Krooked meant the remote releases I believe.

Indeed he did, but that's not who I was responding to or the item on the list that I believe @silver1011 was querying when asking if split seats cost extra. But yes, turns out Carwow list 'Split folding rear backrest' as a selectable option that is either not available (as you say), or is in fact standard (if it refers to the basic 60:40 split).

19 hours ago, abaday789 said:

I feel that I may have quite a divisive choice of build here with a rather full list of optional extras, so might as well see what everyone's thoughts on it are?

Further to that I may look at asking the dealer if I can get a set of black Triglav or Crater alloys.

image.png.b885c31be50d8c39c0e6734d49e1ceb1.png
image.png.50646d365df99ca9d27043b13d509e78.png
image.png.474f880ece8bccf68fbd5261c83b2d61.png

OK so i've had a look and your build is not much different to mine;

2.0 TSI 4X4 DSG Edition (7 seat) - Moon White | Black Leather

19" Sirius Alloys*

Panoramic Sunroof

Heated Windscreen

Heated Steering Wheel

LED Interior Pack

Illuminated Sun Visor

Folding Tables on Rear Seats

Children's Pack

Heated Front and Rear Seats

Front and Rear Paring Sensors

Rear view Camera

Traffic Sign Recognition

Virtual boot Pedal

Rear Seat Backrest Release

Waste Bin Door Panel

*also ordered 19" Black Triglav Wheels (£260 incl VAT fitted ea) to replace factory wheels

So looking at yours two options i wish i had added were the tow bar and canton sound system. But i had already got carried away as it was.

Options you should consider are the 'rear view camera' and 'virtual boot pedal', also the rear set backrest release (it's £95)

Car wow and the configuration seem to vary a bit so when I go into the show room to order it I will see what I can do in terms of options as both car wow and the config both both have things missing that the other doesnt which I would like 

4 minutes ago, gojoholo said:

Are dealers still taking orders for the 2.0 TSI? I was looking at the 1.4 but unfortunately its no longer available.

My order placed last week for a 2.0TSI was accepted yesterday so it would seem so.

• Like 1

On 12/04/2018 at 13:52, abaday789 said:

Well you did ask........

The colour is awful. In fact, it’s not a colour.

An Edition spec is OTT.

Some extras are OTT.

Just think what you could do with the cash.

It won’t drive any better than a cheap one :)

1 hour ago, Jfhuk said:

I was in my dealer earlier and the sales person was just finishing off a 2.0 tsi order.

Thanks for the info but I now see there is no 2wd option on the 2.0 TSI, so it would be a long way from what I was looking for. I think the next step (reluctantly) is to consider an Allspace.