Name one irritant

Nicky_P

The way the water constantly finds it way out of door mirror stems once i have washed and chamois the car off ,it leaves water marks down the door panel , would love to know where it hides :sadsmile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, fidelio said:

Use the blower for such areas, at your car wash-point ,or your mouth if you wash it yourself :) It works.

really? blow with the mouth, I'll let the missus know that one

• Haha 2

It's been mentioned on reviews already, but the lack of shortcut buttons on the Collumbus head unit is not the best design. Not being able to go directly from NAV to RADIO, for example (or any screen to another one) would be far more convenient if the unit had shortcut keys the same as the Amundsen. 

3 hours ago, fidelio said:

Use the blower for such areas, at your car wash-point ,or your mouth if you wash it yourself :) It works.

Use the air gun when drying the motorbike around engine area so guess this is way forward around mirror area , superb has a little water come out once I have cleaned it , but nothing like the Karoq waterfall :rain:

When going over bumps like the one pictured there's a deep thud sound on the way down but before the wheels hit the flat. Sounds like it's from the front end of the car. Doesn't happen over other type of bumps or potholes. Anyone else experience this?

Screenshot_2018-07-17-21-39-41.png

Niggles:

1) The ‘chrome’ trim on dashboard reflects in wing mirror and is distracting as it looks like crack in mirror. This is also true for Superb which I have as loan car whilst my Karoq  is STILL awaiting replacement windscreen!

2) the ‘Off Road’ button being placed right next to ‘Traction Control’ button. When manoeuvring off road it was easy to press wrong button with interesting results!

Edited by Woodforde

On 17/07/2018 at 21:48, Tom34 said:

When going over bumps like the one pictured there's a deep thud sound on the way down but before the wheels hit the flat. Sounds like it's from the front end of the car. Doesn't happen over other type of bumps or potholes. Anyone else experience this?

Screenshot_2018-07-17-21-39-41.png

If I go over speed bumps too quick it sounds like the suspension is dropping with a thud and then the rest of the car catches up !!

The stop/start on wife's previous car didn't work when we were sat at a major junction and dealer traced issue to loose battery connection probably caused by the numerous speed humps in our road. Over time the constant bouncing of the battery had probably loosened the terminals slightly and the connection interrupted. So if you have any starting issues might be a good first step to check/tighten the battery terminals!:blink:

3 hours ago, Panther_uk said:

If I go over speed bumps too quick it sounds like the suspension is dropping with a thud and then the rest of the car catches up !!

Yes I'm sure that's what it is, not had it with other cars before. As long as it's a common thing then no big deal I guess. 

I suppose the purpose of the speed bumps are twofold:

1. Make you slow down.

2. Remind you when you did not slow down enough.

Operator error?

Irritant:

The electrical paraphernalia on the bottom of the Varioflex seats and on the floor below them. This seems very prone to damage when these seats are folded fully forward. Not quite in the "Very Clever" Skoda tradition.

I assume this is for the seat belt/load  sensors - which show on start-up in the multi function display.

Edited by Agerbundsen
additional comment.

17 minutes ago, Agerbundsen said:

I suppose the purpose of the speed bumps are twofold:

1. Make you slow down.

2. Remind you when you did not slow down enough.

Operator error?

I'm aware of the purpose of speed bumps and I am going over them at under 20mph. 

I took delivery in February, and after a Roomster and two Yeti's I have decided my Karoq has no soul, it does everything very well, but it has no, I don't quite know how to explain it, charm, quirkiness, difference? It just seems generic VW white goods, boring, that's what it is, efficient, comfortable, but boring. But on a plus side, if it is as reliable as it is boring it will do everything it is supposed to do.

42 minutes ago, P6bJOHN said:

I took delivery in February, and after a Roomster and two Yeti's I have decided my Karoq has no soul, it does everything very well, but it has no, I don't quite know how to explain it, charm, quirkiness, difference? It just seems generic VW white goods, boring, that's what it is, efficient, comfortable, but boring. But on a plus side, if it is as reliable as it is boring it will do everything it is supposed to do.

Wife hated the look of the Yeti even though I liked it's style. However she loves her Karoq SEL. I think the colour makes a big difference (she saw a blue one the other day, not sure whether Petrol or Skint), because she really likes the Moon White metallic and the Silver roof rails and chrome window surrounds give it a bit of class also.The Alcantara seats lift the interior ambience (many positive comments from friends/work colleagues) and all the nice standard features such as front parking sensors and rear view camera help day to day living. Personally the Karoq remindsme of a Range Rover Evoque without shallow side windows and high running costs. Conclusion pick a bigger engine (1.5 petrol or 2.0 diesel), a nice colour and good spec car and they are hard to fault, but lower down the range they lack a bit of sparkle!:dry:

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Is this supposed to be a part number?:blink:

Haha, I don't know what it is. I mean, I know what Aqara is, but it's nothing to do with Skodas.

I think I've pocket-typed somehow. 

19 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Wife hated the look of the Yeti even though I liked it's style. However she loves her Karoq SEL. I think the colour makes a big difference (she saw a blue one the other day, not sure whether Petrol or Skint), because she really likes the Moon White metallic and the Silver roof rails and chrome window surrounds give it a bit of class also.The Alcantara seats lift the interior ambience (many positive comments from friends/work colleagues) and all the nice standard features such as front parking sensors and rear view camera help day to day living. Personally the Karoq remindsme of a Range Rover Evoque without shallow side windows and high running costs. Conclusion pick a bigger engine (1.5 petrol or 2.0 diesel), a nice colour and good spec car and they are hard to fault, but lower down the range they lack a bit of sparkle!:dry:

I have a petrol blue and in my opinion of all the colours it makes the Karoq look the most stylish, though I guess everyone will prefer their own colour!

Also there's really nothing wrong with the 1.0L engine depending on your needs. 

Oh and if you really want to lift the interior ambience then beige leather is the way to go ;) was a bit worried about it at first but absolutely love it now and don't think I'll go back to black, it brightens up the interior so much. 

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Power or a larger engine doesn't give a car soul or character, I've driven powerful cars which insulated the driving experience, and an 850 mini on the right road can make the heart soar. My Yeti had cream leather, which rapidly became pale blue due to my jeans. It's not sparkle, it's a feeling, you can roll certain things in glitter and they will sparkle......:biggrin: