Name one irritant

Nicky_P

2 minutes ago, Gaz1985 said:

As previously mentioned it has to be the lurching / kangarooing in 1st gear with the manual 1.5 Tsi.

I’ve had it in eco which seemed better but now it seems to be the same, sometimes it’s smooth others it learches, it is tedious. 

40 minutes ago, Markyj said:

I’ve had it in eco which seemed better but now it seems to be the same

I'll give eco mode a try later and report back.

Great car (1.5TSi SEL manual) but a shame it's impossible to drive off without lurching like a kangaroo unless you slip  the clutch and don't allow the revs to drop below 2K. Only happening on 1.5 manual apparently.

The adaptive cruise control in the Karoq does not detect stationary objects. Of course, the manual mentions this. I had the adaptive cruise control in the Octavia before and its manual also mentioned the same limitation - but the ACC in the Octavia was pretty good at detecting for eg: stationary cars at traffic stops and bringing the car to a stop. I wish the ACC in the Karoq behaved the same way.:sadsmile:

On 05/08/2018 at 12:23, Gaz1985 said:

As previously mentioned it has to be the lurching / kangarooing in 1st gear with the manual 1.5 Tsi.

Edited by TonyTonic

3 hours ago, manlms said:

The adaptive cruise control in the Karoq does not detect stationary objects. Of course, the manual mentions this. I had the adaptive cruise control in the Octavia before and its manual also mentioned the same limitation - but the ACC in the Octavia was pretty good at detecting for eg: stationary cars at traffic stops and bringing the car to a stop. I wish the ACC in the Karoq behaved the same way.:sadsmile:

Are you saying if you approach stationary traffic such as cars stopped at a red light that the ACC doesn't slow the car down ? Mine brakes quite sharply and brings the car to a complete stop :wondering:

2 hours ago, MJ1 said:

No Pen Holder like there was in the Octavia...

Just noticed as I was reloading the car of all my rubbish from the Octi....

OK just found pen holder in gloove box

1 hour ago, Panther_uk said:

Are you saying if you approach stationary traffic such as cars stopped at a red light that the ACC doesn't slow the car down ? Mine brakes quite sharply and brings the car to a complete stop :wondering:

If the ACC is tracking a car which comes to a stop at a traffic light, then my car stops too. But, if the ACC is enabled and it is not tracking any car and then I arrive at a traffic stop where there are some cars already stopped, then the ACC does not react.

Here is what the manual says:

■ The ACC does not react when approaching a stationary obstacle, such as traffic jams, vehicle breakdowns or vehicles waiting at a traffic light.

My car behaves exactly as above. The ACC in the Octavia behaved differently.

2 hours ago, MJ1 said:

No Pen Holder like there was in the Octavia...

Just noticed as I was reloading the car of all my rubbish from the Octi....

It's in the glove box!

■ The ACC does not react when approaching a stationary obstacle, such as traffic jams, vehicle breakdowns or vehicles waiting at a traffic light.

Don't think i'll be testing that out anytime soon just to make sure :biggrin:

With new cars that's often caused by wax on the windscreen and/or wiper. You can try cleaning the windshield with glass cleaner and the wiper blades with white vinegar on a paper towel, followed by warm soapy water.

• 2 weeks later...

Skoda!

I ordered a 1.5 Edition on the 23rd May, order confirmed on the 30th May. A few weeks later people on here started reporting orders being cancelled, so I emailed the salesman at Platinum Skoda in Bath to chase up Skoda to confirm my order. "No problem sir, I've been in touch with Skoda UK, your build week has been confirmed as BW39, end of September, it'll be with us the end of October for you to pick up". Great news, woohoo! Trouble is last Tuesday, Platinum rang to tell me my order has been cancelled, best part of 3 months after my order. So, as you can see, one very big regret, going to Skoda. Who would've thought buying a car could bring such anguish, I'd expected it to be a pleasant experience.

However, every cloud has a silver lining! Mazda have a scrappage scheme in place at the moment and the CX-5 in 2.2D Manual form qualifies for a £4000 discount. I know it's a diesel and not petrol (apparantly the petrol has no turbo and has to be pushed hard to get the best out of it), but with a £4K discount it was an offer I couldn't refuse. Yesterday I had a test drive at Lansdown Mazda in Bath, which was a completely different experience to Skoda (who let me have a 20 minute accompanied drive in a 2.0D DSG SE, even though I wanted the 1.5 Manual Edition), I was asked if I was happy to go out unaccompanied, told to take as long as I wanted, and to have FUN, and boy, did I have fun. Upshot is I've ordered a 2.2D Manual Sport Nav+, ready at the start of September on a 68 plate. Apparently because the Sport Nav+ is a mid term update to theSport Nav they have plenty of cars sat in Belgium waiting to be shipped over. Has pretty much everything that I wanted that the Edition has, apart from a sunroof which I've had for the last 30 years of driving, so I'll miss that. But it does include AAD and a Bose sound system as standard (FabFabFabia, if you're reading this, it sounded great on my test drive, not up to a proper home hifi set up, but a great in-car sound). But whatever the pluses and minuses, I can live with that, getting £4K for a 2002 Corolla, seeing I was offered £275 by Skoda

My only regret is I won't be lurking around these forums anymore, well not as often anyway, as I've enjoyed the knowledge, wisdom and banter. Thank you all.

Good luck with the Mazda CX-5! I had it on my list too, but because of the high price and of the missing Android Auto/Carplay, I said no.

The only version that had reasonable performance in the AT 4x4 version was 2.2d 175 CP, but in the top equipement it cost 37000E. I asked a 5000E discount, but they said no.

Edited by Gabi4

Gabi4, thanks for the comments. The CX-5 was second on my list, but my heart was with the Karoq hence my original order. I drove the 2.2d 150PS version CX-5 and was quite surprised by the torque and pulling power. I often felt myself pushed back into the seat when I put my right foot down, although I did notice a slight turbo lag, but I was still  impressed. There is a steep hill that leads from the Mazda showroom up to Bath racecourse, quite a twisty narrowish road, and coming from my old 1.6 petrol Corolla I was more than pleased with the pulling power and the way it drove through the bends. I should also say that I bought the Corolla from new and had kept it for 16 years, so I'm not really qualified to comment on the merits of other cars, this is just a subjective opinion. I had a few extras ordered on the Karoq (heated windscreen and washers, Canton and spare wheel) and only added the metallic paint to the CX-5, but for me the CX-5 is working out about £500 cheaper.

Mazda keep saying they are going to add the Android/Carplay facility but it's taking a long time coming (no mention of it in the new cars spec). One thing I'm not impressed with, I downloaded the CX-5 manual from the Mazda website and although it has a Bose Premium sound system they have no facility for playing files such as FLAC or WAV! And USB's have to be formatted in FAT32! Back to the Nineties.