I love my new Virtual Cockpit ..

View button on the infotainment system in navigation mode, does it for me, I've tried it don't like it as I find it very distracting and the speed is too small being just in the corners of the screen and not very conspicuous, so it's quite easy to go way too fast without realising it. 

That could be very expensive if you're in a SPECs zone or where the local plod are speed camera happy (Wiltshire, Dorset, BANES, Somerset, Oxon, Thames Valley) 

Edited by TheWanderer

Sorry my mistake. On the infotainment system press Nav, then look at the bottom line of options and there is (should be) a button that says Map, touch it and you should then get a small version of the map between the two dials if that's how you have it setup or on the Virtual cockpit. 

IIRC the button sequence is New Dest. My Dests. POIS, View, Map, Announce, Settings. 

Yep when I press the map button the map appears in the VC but disappears from the radio screen, still can’t display the map on both screens at the same time?

5 hours ago, Lotus said:

I have a 2019 VRS with virtual cockpit but can’t get it to display the sat nav map on both screens, only on one screen at a time

What infotainment system  do you have?

5 hours ago, Lotus said:

5 hours ago, Lotus said:

Edited by PetrolDave

26 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Yep when I press the map button the map appears in the VC but disappears from the radio screen, still can’t display the map on both screens at the same time?

But you don't need to have it on both and by rights you should be looking at where you are going and only giving the most cursory of glances at the sat nav display wherever it is, whether it be on the VC or on the main infotainment system display.

I'll seldom use it because I tend to do an online reccy using street view prior to the journey and for runs to the West Country, I know most of the rat runs and backwater routes off the top of my head. 

The almost sole reason for having a sat nav is for speed camera locations. 

Ive just finished a full retrofit of the AID unit and its amazing, i managed to code out all my errors except the SOS function, i think the previous car had an SOS button and mine doesnt, but the virtual cockpit is brilliant. really pleased with it

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at retrofitting the Virtual cockpit to my MY18 model Octavia in future, hoping someone can answer some questions for me.

Does anyone know the difference between the 5E0920790 and 5E092079units?

https://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/instrument-clusters-7/oem-5e0920790-instrument-clusters-virtual-cockpit/

https://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/instrument-clusters-7/oem-5e0920790a-instrument-clusters-virtual-cockpit/

Only information I could find is here, but I don't speak Russian: https://www.drive2.com/l/508915005303816863/

Translation says something about 320 km/h...

Looks like the VIEW button part number is: 3V0919719H WHS

https://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/multifunction-switches-buttons-10/oem-3v0919719h-whs-multifunction-buttons-for/

Is that strictly needed, or can the previous phone button on the MFSW work?

Also, what is part number: 5E0919287

Is that for the newer style airbag cover?

Cheers,

Adam

Well if you look at it (5E0920790 - up to 320 km/h) as 320 km/h equates to ~198 mph so unless you are planning on modifying the car to go to 200 mph, it's a bit OTT, unless you like to show off.

This one (5E0920790A) it would suggest that is a normal one which is for a standard car as 260 km/h equates to 161 mph, which is more sensible as the car is normally restricted to 155 mph, which is already twice the speed limit and in jail territory of you were caught doing it on the road. 

2 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

Mr Goldfinger do you know what the codings were perchance.

Sorry I don't, I was in London for a few days so I went to see Gizmo and he did me a loads of VCDS tweaks.   He showed me the screen on his laptop and all there was, was a list just saying " View one". " View two all the way to " View Eleven.  He just clicked on the view and then pressed  " except "  ( or something along those lines )

Drop him a PM 

To get 10 mph increments you need to go to 17 Instruments > Security Access (can’t remember the code off the top of my head) > Adaptations > (IDE13094) Speedometer_final_value > Change this to Version 4 for 160 mph end and 10 mph increments or Version 5 for 180 mph end and 10 mph increments. I have mine set to Version 5 just because :)

13 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

To get 10 mph increments you need to go to 17 Instruments > Security Access (can’t remember the code off the top of my head) > Adaptations > (IDE13094) Speedometer_final_value > Change this to Version 4 for 160 mph end and 10 mph increments or Version 5 for 180 mph end and 10 mph increments. I have mine set to Version 5 just because :)

It's the small details that matter in a car. My 2015 Vrs TDi had a 170mph speedo even though it couldn't get anywhere near it. The current 180mph speedo in my stage 2 Vrs245 is needed but still makes it feel special when you first jump in the car but gets even better when you fire it up. Then you know it means business and I'm not talking as a TAXI.:D

Edited by shyVRS245
SPELLING MISTAKE
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

going tomorrow to get the new can gateway installed to gain access to VC controls on the headunit. ill let yees know what the results are 

but the retrofit is well worth the money, i love it

Remind the installer to activate the FeC’s again, my dealer forgot. You may need to add the drive mode yourself with a donor VIN. Mine is going back Monday for the FeC’s to be added in the Gateway.

• Like 1

yes look for module 19 it will read 5Q0 at the start.

59 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Remind the installer to activate the FeC’s again, my dealer forgot. You may need to add the drive mode yourself with a donor VIN. Mine is going back Monday for the FeC’s to be added in the Gateway.

FeCs and parameterisation...? drive modes being sport eco etc?

Edited by JohnnyType2

Functional Equipment Codes. When you remove CP from a Gateway it wipes the FeC’s from it. The Gateway needs to be told which FeC’s need to be activated on it and they are checked against the cars VIN. Apparently with the drive mode (eco, normal, sport etc) that has to be added with a donor VIN. I’m not sure how that works 100% but I’ll be taking mine back on Monday to have the FeC’s re added and if the drive mode isn’t there I’ll sort it as and when. I really want the cruise control back haha

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Functional Equipment Codes. When you remove CP from a Gateway it wipes the FeC’s from it. The Gateway needs to be told which FeC’s need to be activated on it and they are checked against the cars VIN. Apparently with the drive mode (eco, normal, sport etc) that has to be added with a donor VIN. I’m not sure how that works 100% but I’ll be taking mine back on Monday to have the FeC’s re added and if the drive mode isn’t there I’ll sort it as and when. I really want the cruise control back haha

if you replaced the original CAN back would it restore the FECs?

• Like 1

My old Gateway could be plugged back in, CP unlocked and go back to normal but the 3Q0 one doesn’t work like that from what I have been told. I will know next week when mine goes back unless you find out over the weekend. Remind your dealer to do FeC activation and you should be grand :)

yeah i hit the same issues as Sasha, my bigger issue is there is no long coding helper for the instruments unfortunately and i have a couple of errors that i cant remove.

also how to enable the VC control on the infotainment? im guessing the coding is in 5F adaptions?