I love my new Virtual Cockpit ..

7 minutes ago, B284 said:

It is enabled in the Amundsen! My MY20 Octavia has the Amundsen and the VC, and I have radio-logos and so on.

But another thing that´s weird is that I can´t have the map on the VC AND the infotainment-screen at the same time! I have seen people here having that, I can only switch between either of them.

TheWanderer:

Strange - my VC stays on the view I left it on.

It will stay on some screens, not others but this seems variable. You need the Columbus to display the map on the radio and VC simultaneously.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, B284 said:

It is enabled in the Amundsen! My MY20 Octavia has the Amundsen and the VC, and I have radio-logos and so on.

Thanks for the info!

• 1 month later...

I was having a look in the dashboard settings of the VC via OBD11 and found an adaptation regarding resolutions.

Resolution 1, 2 & 3. The default seems to be resolution 3.

Has anyone tried any of the others? I'm curious about them, but apprehensive about doing any adjustments in case I upset the car again (Sigh).

Any benefits on changing them?

TIA

33 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

It’s a Columbus in the pic but it can work with Amundsen MIB2.5 also.

Sasha, are you suggesting map/NAV can be shown on VC and the infotainment screen simultaneously with an Amundsen? 

I thought I'd read that wasn't possible and the very brief time I've actually spent playing around with my own also suggests the same (MY20 VC & Amundsen from the factory). Interested to hear if I'm missing something!

Edited by simion_levi

2 hours ago, Bertiethebear said:

Hi

I’ve been searching around for OBD11 tweaks for the VC, but can’t seem to find them. 
Can anyone remind me of what’s available and known to work on MY20 vRS challenge and what the coding is? 

Cheers. 

I have compiled a couple for the Octavia vRS Mk3 group site. 10 mph increments, vRS skin and speedo end value adjustment. That’s about it as the Sport view is already enabled.

18 hours ago, Bertiethebear said:

Hi

I’ve been searching around for OBD11 tweaks for the VC, but can’t seem to find them. 
Can anyone remind me of what’s available and known to work on MY20 vRS challenge and what the coding is? 

Cheers. 

Go to:

Control Unit 17 (Dashboard) 

Adaptation 

Display Depiction

Make a note of the settings BEFORE you change anything, then try changing things.

20190731_235409.jpg

20190731_134703.jpg

20190730_211222.jpg

There has been a slight change in the way you get the final value on the speedometer and you have to use: 

Tachometer final value 

Again make a note of the current value BEFORE you make any changes. 

There are also now just two variants of design of speedometer. RS and Standard (Non RS).

Edited by TheWanderer

Cheers guys. 

Just sorted the above. 

Went for option 4 10mph increments and 160mph top speed. 

It was the tachometer final value as you said Wanderer. 

Slightly off topic, I did the virtual subwoofer etc mod on infotainment but the options didn’t appear in sound settings, and also wouldn’t let me turn it off after I changed it. So I had to put back to original. 

Does this not work on MY20 non canton Amundsen? 

Cheers. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Bertiethebear said:

Cheers guys. 

Just sorted the above. 

Went for option 4 10mph increments and 160mph top speed. 

It was the tachometer final value as you said Wanderer. 

Slightly off topic, I did the virtual subwoofer etc mod on infotainment but the options didn’t appear in sound settings, and also wouldn’t let me turn it off after I changed it. So I had to put back to original. 

Does this not work on MY20 non canton Amundsen? 

Edit. I hadn’t unticked the bit 0 box. Working now. 

Cheers. 👍🏻

Hello Sasha, I think I will direct this enquiry to you (seems you know everything) I have a 64plate VRS at the moment with Columbus, I am in process of sourcing new VRS challenge  but can not find one with Columbus only Amundsen. 

I got in contact with vag-tec and been quoted £1000 for swapping Amundsen unit to Columbus - again I am opting for it as I like full glass screen and that you can display sat nav on both screen and virtual cockpit. 

Car has number of options: heated steering wheel, seats, canton , etc etc. They said the can send installer to fit it for me an code it.

What do you think?

On 07/01/2020 at 11:01, RyanGG said:

Hi, did you find / figure a fix for this issue?

Which head unit do you have? The map streaming to the virtual cockpit only works with an MIB2.5 infotainment system.

be aware that if you swap from a bolero you will need to upgrade the firmware on your windscreen camera/sensor i havent been able to find anyone to do mine. It renders alot of the functions unusable like HBA and traffic sign recognition to name just two.

• 4 weeks later...

I found a place to do the coding but they seem abit afraid the connection from the analogue dials won’t be the same as to power the VC screen. I take it everything just plugins in and the only new addition is the optical cable to display the nav?

is the below VC connection the same on Superb with analogue with matrix screen? imageproxy.php?img=&key=00da0a65627968c1

E23DE95E-E5DC-4B4B-B96D-EC0568B62EE6.jpeg

Edited by New2018