Dash rattles in the morning

I have had my new fabia just over a month now and have noticed a few rattle/ cracks from the dashboard on my way to work in the morning.

The strange thing is when ive finished work in the afternoon i no longer have the rattle/cracks and everything is quiet. 

Then next morning it starts all over again.

Ive sprayed silicone into any gaps where plastic to plastic meet but no difference.

I dont want it to go into the dealership for them to start pulling the dash apart and possibly making new issues.

Anybody else have the same problem and any ideas on what to do.

17 minutes ago, cradleyheathen said:

Anybody else have the same problem

Yes,

Cold in the morning, stuff shrinks, big gaps = noise.

Warmer in the afternoon, stuff expands, no gaps = no noise.

20 minutes ago, cradleyheathen said:

and any ideas on what to do.

No.

Only travel in the warm.

Thanks AG Falco

Mine's been doing that for two years intermittently,it soon disappears when it gets warm.

16 minutes ago, RickW said:

Mine's been doing that for two years intermittently,it soon disappears when it gets warm.

The same here and it is worse in the cold/winter.

Thanks AG Falco

Squeaks and rattles are all part of the fun of owning a Fabia although it's not the only brand that suffers from this. Haven't heard it yet in my Mk 111 but I suspect i will sooner or later and it will be a case of turn up the radio if I do.:D

• Like 1

My Polo was the same for two years. Drove me up the wall along with all the other visits to the dealer for faults. Now got a rattle free Octavia. 

• 4 weeks later...

My monte carlo has a fairly loud buzzing coming from behind the wheel/dash 

Used to be random, now it does it constantly on deccelaration and evertime i put the clutch in to change gear.

Anyone else have this?

Edited by Nathanb93

Maybe but it sounds quite high up and is definitely inside.

Does anyone know where to start with taking the dash apart?

Id rather fix it myself so I know what to do if it comes back

1 hour ago, Nathanb93 said:

Maybe but it sounds quite high up and is definitely inside.

Does anyone know where to start with taking the dash apart?

Id rather fix it myself so I know what to do if it comes back

Turn the radio up Nathan. I've been there myself with the rattle phobia, albeit in my younger days. You find yourself chasing one rattle after another. It becomes obsessive.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Skinneroo said:

Turn the radio up Nathan. I've been there myself with the rattle phobia, albeit in my younger days. You find yourself chasing one rattle after another. It becomes obsessive.

Plus 1 for turn the radio up :biggrin: it's Fabias way of telling you how well screwed together it is.

When it stops squeaking, you know it fell off!;)

Harry

On 05/06/2018 at 17:00, Nathanb93 said:

My monte carlo has a fairly loud buzzing coming from behind the wheel/dash 

Used to be random, now it does it constantly on deccelaration and evertime i put the clutch in to change gear.

Anyone else have this?

Maybe check where the low pressure petrol pipe crosses over the AC discharge pipe, I’ve found that for cars without the later fuel line, and so missing a bridging clip, that the fuel line eventually starts to almost make contact with the A/C alloy pipe and makes a noise - and starts to wear the rubber fuel line! Fitting a suitable bridging clip sorts that out then you can move onto the next one!