Suggestion Box

Visible exhausts are pretty much an anachronism, just another thing to clean. I'd remove them from almost all modern cars, certainly cooking stuff like Skoda saloons and estates.

9 hours ago, technics100 said:

Proper exhausts.. on models other than the 280bhp.. Although saw a new Audi SQ5 at the weekend and it doesn't even have any!!! with 350bhp

Are you sure it wasn't an SQ5 Diesel?  The petrols do have actual exhausts on one side don't they? See image below

image.png.006fd485333c726ee8b2dc513f49a8a9.png

The side closest to the camera is clearly fake, but the other side looks (more) real

• Like 1

20 hours ago, technics100 said:

Proper exhausts.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/392652-exhausts/

On 5/14/2018 at 16:40, RickTT said:

Tps system that works 

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/434028-tire-pressure-monitoring-system/?tab=comments#comment-4893182

• Like 1

Finally had a chance to try the 12v socket fuse drop trick today and can confirm it still doesn’t work (MY17). The position doesn’t even have a socket (see image) so keep my suggestion in the hat. Configurable 12v socket(s) or ignition fed by default.

On 14/05/2018 at 11:52, GaSelle said:

6. Can be done just by moving a fuse (switch between constant / ignition power)

fuse.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hwr1983 said:

Are you sure it wasn't an SQ5 Diesel?  The petrols do have actual exhausts on one side don't they? See image below

image.png.006fd485333c726ee8b2dc513f49a8a9.png

The side closest to the camera is clearly fake, but the other side looks (more) real

It was petrol and I noticed that it didn't have any.. it was a cousins so had a good look. also noticed on cold start-up that moisture was coming from under the bumper from the exhausts..

I'd like cruise to be available in modes other than eco. I'm frequently in cruise, in which you can coast whilst maintaining speed for surprisingly long distances. However, I'd prefer normal (or even sport) acceleration to be available without having to change mode. Why not have it cruise in normal (at least) too. Is there any reason why you wouldn't want cruise to kick in when you take your foot off the accelerator? None that I can think of.

52 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

I'd like cruise to be available in modes other than eco. I'm frequently in cruise, in which you can coast whilst maintaining speed for surprisingly long distances. However, I'd prefer normal (or even sport) acceleration to be available without having to change mode. Why not have it cruise in normal (at least) too. Is there any reason why you wouldn't want cruise to kick in when you take your foot off the accelerator? None that I can think of.

put DSG gear stick to N, to able coasting in D or S modes

D doesn't coast to able slowing down by engine, but when it's not enough i do help by put in S

and there is is my `Suggestion Box`

0. non-rattling suspension

1. don't Stop engine when car is still in move

2. leave brakes when pedal is released, without countdown 3 2 1

3. Škoda!!! Please provide software updates with bug fixes for earlier manufactured cars -

Don't cover Drive mode symbol with Start-Stop symbol in Maxidot

https://www.drive2.com/l/488404990277189880/

1 hour ago, The Wanderer said:

If you have adaptive cruise control, you can set up Individual Mode to accomplish what you want. 

Thanks for pointing that out MartiniB. However, I have become very lazy since getting an auto and only touch the gearstick when starting, stopping and reversing - I have paddles for when I want to change gear. I will try it out though and see how I get on. I take your point about decelerating - though if I'm cruising it's not a time I want to be decelerating in any case. And I've noticed that when you're going down a sufficiently steep incline cruise doesn't kick in in any case.

Jerry - I have ACC but I don't think you can change it so that the car will cruise in normal throttle mode, can you? It's either normal, sport or eco isn't it - and with the first two I suppose cruising is only possible if you do what MartiniB has suggested and use the gearstick.

5 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Jerry - I have ACC but I don't think you can change it so that the car will cruise in normal throttle mode, can you? It's either normal, sport or eco isn't it - and with the first two I suppose cruising is only possible if you do what MartiniB has suggested and use the gearstick.

I might be misunderstanding "cruise in normal throttle mode" after reading your statement above.

Suggestion: I'd like to be able to adjust the parking sensors sensitivity. The rear sensors are assisted by the rear camera (which is supposed to become mandatory in the future, but the front sensors start going manic far too early.