First PROPER wash

Macdemon

I found this weekend that using the snow foam removes more of the bugs than I thought possible. First time user of snow foam. Once you put it on, leave it a good 5 to 10 minutes then wash it off, then wash the car 2 bucket method dry it off. then stand back and admire your work. Only downside for me, Im vertically challenged and need step ladders to do the roof. :biggrin:

Edited by Madasaskaven
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Madasaskaven said:

I found this weekend that using the snow foam removes more of the bugs than I thought possible. First time user of snow foam. Once you put it on, leave it a good 5 to 10 minutes then wash it off, then wash the car 2 bucket method dry it off. then stand back and admire your work. Only downside for me, Im vertically challenged and need step ladders to do the roof. :biggrin:

I was going to say how hard is it to do the roof on a suv lol? Must be a right old pain. 

7 hours ago, MarcusKaroq said:

I was going to say how hard is it to do the roof on a suv lol? Must be a right old pain. 

I use a small step that was originally used with a caravan, plastic but strong and big enough to get both feet firmly planted.

8 hours ago, MarcusKaroq said:

I jump up slightly, flicking the sponge to get to the middle of the roof.

The neighbours gather round, bringing their children out to watch.

Which is a little unkind, I think.

• Haha 2

I can 'just' about reach the middle of the roof, however the wifes Yeti was the first car we ever owned where I needed steps to wash the roof !!

Might have to look into this Snow Foam stuff, sounds interesting ! :mmm:

On 5/21/2018 at 21:50, silver1011 said:

I have the snow foam attachment linked earlier, but my snow foam runs off the car too quickly.

I'm using Bilt Hamber with roughly a 10:1 ratio with water.

What to do to get it thicker, and ultimately slower?

Bilt Hamber isn't very good IME.  I bought a bulk bottle from them, I won't be doing that again.

Ultimate Snow Foam is the best I've used and much cheaper: 

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/snow-foam/ultimate-snow-foam-5-litres.aspx?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=MerchantCentre&variant=954&gclid=CjwKCAjwopTYBRAzEiwAnU4kb0a9-wkfCMhxjDDljsvk9X0oyz5pHBkolqcia04bCty4hMxSPL9ydBoCTRkQAvD_BwE

It is thick and dwells for much longer in comparison to BH, Chem Guys, Valet Pro and Auto Finesse offerings, IME. 

• Like 1

On 21/05/2018 at 08:54, Luckypants said:

Seriously though, snow foam make a lot of difference?

Very minimal at best compared to just using the pressure washer IME. It's essentially placebo unless perhaps you put some aggressive APC in the bottle, which will probably strip the sealant. Quite good fun nonetheless.

On 23/05/2018 at 14:54, penguin17 said:

Bilt Hamber isn't very good IME.  I bought a bulk bottle from them, I won't be doing that again.

Ultimate Snow Foam is the best I've used and much cheaper: 

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/snow-foam/ultimate-snow-foam-5-litres.aspx?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=MerchantCentre&variant=954&gclid=CjwKCAjwopTYBRAzEiwAnU4kb0a9-wkfCMhxjDDljsvk9X0oyz5pHBkolqcia04bCty4hMxSPL9ydBoCTRkQAvD_BwE

It is thick and dwells for much longer in comparison to BH, Chem Guys, Valet Pro and Auto Finesse offerings, IME. 

Ive always found with BH auto foam if you follow their ratio instructions and then decrease the dilution rate on your pressure washer foam lance it attachment you achieve a thicker and clingier solution. However its not all about the thickness and cling time especially with this stuff, its how well it removes dirt and grime without the need for agitation compared with others. It was part of a group test by one the auto magazines and produced execellent results although not as thick and clingy as others.

In my experience I've found it does a great job especially as a pre-wash.

Edited by Gaz1985
  • Thanks 1

Any experience with this kind of low pressure shampooing gun?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-pressure-Car-Cleaning-Washing-Foam-Gun-Water-Soap-Shampoo-Sprayer-Washer-AU/302734088304?hash=item467c5b9870:g:ky4AAOSwVlda8~Qv

It doesn't produce that thick clinging foam, but it's better than a bucket IMO, while still working with as mild a shampoo as you choose.

should have taken a photo of husband cleaning ours, he has a small set of steps and now uses a squeegy to wipe down the glass roof, the roof bars get loving treatment too, the leather seats have been conditioned so that the heat from the roof doesn't damage them, boy this car gets soooo much attention :D

2 hours ago, womanofkent said:

should have taken a photo of husband cleaning ours, he has a small set of steps and now uses a squeegy to wipe down the glass roof, the roof bars get loving treatment too, the leather seats have been conditioned so that the heat from the roof doesn't damage them, boy this car gets soooo much attention :D

I hope you're not being neglected??    :o

• Haha 1

:D thanks for your concern :D

it will be interesting to see how long the cleaning fetish lasts; at least I get to enjoy a clean car and he's not under my feet B)