Some tyre advice for my Scout please!

Due to a puncture, I need to fit a couple of new tyres to my 2015 Octavia Scout (150psi).  I like the original Continentals, but have been looking at Falkens or Yokohamas.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the above ... or any other marque?  

I'm a big fan of Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance tyres.  They are more performant than their eco naming would suggest.  I actually prefer them to some of the more performance related tyres such as the GY Eagle Asymmetric. 

They wear very well (I got 20K out of the fronts on my 235BHP FWD diesel), they don't drone, handling and braking is very good and they do actually increase MPG too, 3-5% IME.  I don't actually have a bad word to say about them.

EDIT: As above though, I've recently fitted all-season tyres to my Superb and they are very good compromise to running two sets of seasonal wheels/tyres.  MCC's have a very good reputation but due to a lack of all-season offering's in R19 I went for Vredestein Quatrac 5's which I'm happy with so far; they were great in the recent bad weather, now just to see how they are now it's warmed up.  

Edited by penguin17

I see you live in Yorkshire which most on here would consider "Up North".

I would go with Michelin Cross Climates or Goodyear Vector 4 Gen 2's.

I've spent the last 12 years swapping between Summer and Winters due to my frequent trips into the peak district but fitted Cross Climate's on one of our Octavia's two years ago. There doesn't seem to be any summer compromise, they are great in the wet and are not far off full winters in the snow. Only on ice are they a little more compromised than full winters. Certainly good enough for all year use by 99% of the Uk's drivers.

So I'll be fitting Cross Climates to our other vehicles soon although the Goodyear Vector 4 Gen 2's have been getting good reviews and are slightly cheaper. May give them a try.

Lee 

Edited by logiclee

Hi i recently put on the Michelin Crossclimates, i think they are working really well.

Had them before on an X1 BMW and it was greatly improved, i live near Inverness so i am really quite up north!

Thanks for all the help guys.

I have a set of Goodride tyres on steel rims I swap over once the weather gets cooler, so these were specific "summer" boots I was looking for.   In the end, I went for Firestone Roadhawks simply because (a) the fitter was convenient, so I didn't have to take time off work to get them fitted and (b) they were in stock.

I see there are a number of people who like the Michelins though - I will seriously consider these once the winter wheels get another winter in, as they'll have done me for five winters.

Slightly off topic, but the Michelin Cross Climates are on my Fabia and I'm so impressed that come October they'll be going on my Scout, (Promptly followed by 4 wheel Lazer geometry), and then winter can do its worst. :thumbup:

I'm running Continental Winter Contacts on my Scout currently but will be swapping to Summer tyres in the next couple of weeks which are Uniroyal Rainsport 3's once I 'be done disks and pads all round