New vrs order cancelled by dealer

Afternoon

I ordered a new vrs diesel manual 3 weeks ago. Just had a call off of the dealer saying they have got to cancel the car as skoda have pulled both petrol and diesel engines and closed the order book.

Apparently there are 3 on the production line and when they have gone that is it.  They don't no when the order book will reopen, so they cannot fullfill our deal.

Gutted is an understatement.  Has any one else had this call, or can give me some more info.

Thanks

Edited by mercactrps

Firstly I would ask dealer for a copy of their order (to see when it was input and sent), if the factory didn't accept it for the 3 weeks, not a lot dealer can do

Seems to be a lot of this going on at the moment, when you delve into the waiting times you discover it only starts when factory accepts order, this should really be a few hours or few days, not weeks.   It sounds like orders were already suspended so not quite sure why dealer took 3 weeks to realise the order hadn't been accepted

However if the dealer took your order on paper but delayed inputting it, or worse didn't input it, that is shameful

What about the other 3 cars, are they all the wrong spec.

MY19 model will be announced soon and this could be as soon as May/June for first deliveries in September. I believe the standard petrol vRS will be a 245hp model rather than the now standard 230hp, plus or minus a small change to spec (and the gasoline particle filter addition) and possibly a price rise I wonder? Wonder also what will happen to current finance deals? Probably worse or will Skoda incentivise?

Ive decided to wait (almost pulled the trigger on a petrol 230 from stock on Saturday) as heard I can extend my current PCP a short while, as long as I have an order on the books.

So as crap as it may be right now, might be a blessing in disguise that it didn’t go through?

• Like 1

The order was put in he sent me confirmation of it.

It's supposed to be something to do with new engines/emmision ratings.

They have no idea when orders will be taken again though 

Sounds rather typical to me. It seems you buy one of these cars very much at Skoda's convenience. Its the same story when you need to get it serviced. TBH why buy one when there are better cars out there with better value from better dealers made better by better manufacturers?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TDIum said:

Sounds rather typical to me. It seems you buy one of these cars very much at Skoda's convenience. Its the same story when you need to get it serviced. TBH why buy one when there are better cars out there with better value from better dealers made better by better manufacturers?

.....or demand outstrips UK supply linked to cheap PCH deals + new Euro emissions + Govts casting doubt on future diesel usage = chaos at factory and lost sales commission. 

2 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

However if the dealer took your order on paper but delayed inputting it, or worse didn't input it, that is shameful

This is true but I think happens more often than you would expect.

If the dealership or sale-person has met his targets for the month, they may keep the following orders back until the next so they can get a good start to the next month & another bonus.

I had a similar thing happen to me when ordering a car in the past & the "bonus" discount was discontinued at the start of the next month.

Luckily the dealership was honest & honored the same price but they could have easily said no you need to pay 1500€ extra.

• Like 1

I do hope that they get the new Particulate Filters correct for the Petrols - most of us can probably remember the issues when they bolted the DPF onto the PD Diesels and the number of issues that were had in the early days.

• Like 1

Not complicated.

They have engine supply issues, suppliers are feed up of them taking the Michael,

they have WLTP issues, spec tested, results etc, Gasoline Particulate Filters, 

then they do not want landed with vehicles they will not be able to sell after September seeing as they are volume sellers, well usually when they are not up creaks without paddles.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/wltp 

New WLTP emissions test could force heavy discounts on unsold cars _ Autocar.mhtml

Supplier Prevent holds Volkswagen’s feet to the fire.mhtml

PSA publishes real-world fuel consumption data for 1,000 Peugeot, Citroën and DS cars _ Media Groupe PSA.mhtml

The petrol has been saying "available from stock only" for months, and the diesel went that way about a month ago. As others have said the MY19 changes are coming very soon. What they are and when remains to be seen, but either hang on or get your dealer to see what stock is available, my local dealer for example has a Quartz Grey manual in the showroom.

8 minutes ago, mercactrps said:

They have looked to see what stock is about but nothing that take my fancy.

Just hope they get it sorted sharpish. When does the 19 build year come out?

Think I read somewhere it’s build week 31... Mid/end July I believe... 

6 minutes ago, Ciderspace said:

Hmmm do I want the very last one of the pre-MY19 version?

Are there any clues out there as to what changes we can expect?

7 minutes ago, Ciderspace said:

That date might only be order reopening (no one seems to know when that is)

Could easily take another 3-4 months for delivery when orders reopen,  so delivery Nov (maybe Oct) at best

No idea on spec. Let me just say I saw internal information on newer models expected from Sept this year. Whether that turns out to be true (and I see no reason why not) who knows. But if it is Sept deliveries, normal lead times of 2-3 months (12 weeks?) then order books have to open soon.

Exactly.

'internal information on newer models expected from September this year'.

That is when they need to sell with the WLTP information. So people know the VED band, those leasing, business users etc.

There was an Elephant that just had a baby Elephant 3 months late.    Skoda / VW Group have an Elephant in the room as well, maybe the delivery will be late.

Edited by Offski

4 hours ago, Offski said:

That is when they need to sell with the WLTP information. So people know the VED band, those leasing, business users etc.

Whilst business users might like the info, the other half, the private buyers don’t care less.  Many will order happily without the info

After initial year (when VED is in OTR price), it’s fixed amount regardless of band

If fuel consumption is important factor, aren’t likely to be buying a VRS, so also irrelevant 

The only reason not to have orders open is the waiting list is 6+ months, so want to clear some backlog.  

Dealerships moan if they need to place orders for stock (or demos) 7 or 8 months in advance, and join wait list  like ordinary punters.  

42 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

Whilst business users might like the info, the other half, the private buyers don’t care less.  Many will order happily without the info

After initial year (when VED is in OTR price), it’s fixed amount regardless of band

If fuel consumption is important factor, aren’t likely to be buying a VRS, so also irrelevant 

The only reason not to have orders open is the waiting list is 6+ months, so want to clear some backlog.  

Dealerships moan if they need to place orders for stock (or demos) 7 or 8 months in advance, and join wait list  like ordinary punters.  

Sorry but have to reply because there's such nonsense in that reply.

The other half, the private buyers?  I think you'll find the vast majority of Octavias are bought by business.

After initial year? It's a new car so the initial year counts.

If fuel consumption were important?  You seriously don't believe fuel consumption is important to vRS drivers?  There's a whole thread on this forum dedicated to people telling you how great their mpg is.

The only reason not to have orders open...   So you know what's going on in the boardroom now. Great.

I'm not quite sure why people come up with these crazy conspiracy theories because it's all perfectly simple. The industry is changing because of new EU laws coming in to effect and manufacturers need to meet certain emission targets or they'll have penalties to pay. If you'd open your eyes you'd see many manufacturers have suspended orders - this ain't a Skoda or VW thing, it's industry wide.

What do you reckon the reason is behind Peugeot's decision then?    308Gti