OV58NOH 3.6 v6 at AGB motors.

5 minutes ago, Suberkski said:

Hi guys 

if anyone’s interested I’ve got a 2012 v6 elegance that I’m thinking of selling.

its had one owner for six years,I’ve had it nearly a year,I’ve only put about fifteen hundred miles on it.

just flew through the mot with no advisories,so mot till April 2021.

It’s had two services a year for six years.

let me know if anyone’s interested 

I’m in Watford Herts 

regards chris

2 years MoT?  Did I miss a change in the rules?

Ha,strangely enough the reason I’m thinking of selling it,is because I’ve got the chance to buy a mate’s 

immaculate 911Carrera. That should roll back a few years.The superb definitely ain’t doing it for me.

Ive been using my Fireblade most of the time,hence the reason for the ridiculously low miles 

in a year of ownership.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys update on this Superb, i had the misfortune to buy this heap of crap around a month ago from the dealer in epping, drove it back to Manchester and the emissions light came on i wasnt too worried at this stage as i thought it may be a Lambda probe, i came on to the forum the following day to try to find info on changing the puddle lamp bulb, only to find to my horror this post. As i work for a VW main dealer i had the car on the diagnostics and confirmed the earlier info from this post, apparently it looks as if the cam chain had stretched, to strip and repair would have taken around 20 hours   plus around 2500 in parts, even at my staff rates i would have been looking at a bill of 3.5k to rectify, needless to say i had it trailered  back to epping and demanded a refund. The dealer was an absolute crook, he knew the history of the car and was still trying to sell it on, anyway he off loaded it on to we buy any car for 2600. The car is again up for sale at a dealer in Wisbech for £5500. I dont know if it has been repaired, sadly it's unlikely. The fault memmory has likely been erased to cover the issue and some poor sole will again part with their hard earned cash over a dream car  that is sub standard, this is what gives the trade i work in such a bad name, luckily the law has been strengthened for consumers over the past few years but these crooks are still out there.

• Like 1

So from this thread we know at least two people have bought and rejected this car and yet it's still for sale.

At some point someone else is going to buy it and end up either rejecting it or having to pay a lot of money to get it sorted.

It is a shame that nothing can be done to stop someone else parting with their hard earned cash for this heap 😞

Very true, it's a shame that the fault memory on the car can't be accessed via the car itself so a permanent record of all the 'events' show up, so any prospective purchaser can see the true history of the vehicle, tbh this has put me off buying a used car, at least i got my money back, this could have just as easily been a private sale and i would

have had a much harder  time getting  reimbursed, thank goodness i stumbled across this post.

14 hours ago, Jonboy984 said:

So from this thread we know at least two people have bought and rejected this car and yet it's still for sale.

At some point someone else is going to buy it and end up either rejecting it or having to pay a lot of money to get it sorted.

It is a shame that nothing can be done to stop someone else parting with their hard earned cash for this heap 😞

Can the DVSA do anything?  

Ring or email the selling garage and ask about the History of the car. See if they say or ask  if any work has been carried out.

When they say it's perfect tell them what's wrong with it.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

34 minutes ago, superb36v6 said:

ive dropped them a message on ebay asking for history/ any work carried out. I'll give DVSA a call today. Dealers are b**stards

and if they don't go down the full disclosure route, just message eBay support with a link to this thread.  

• Like 3

I'm back from a few weeks away.

Sad to see it rumbling in and yes a private buyer will be royally screwed on it.

The brain fart I just had is, let's buy it as a crowd fund collective.

Then crowd fun fix it or scrap it so it can't burn anyone else.

Of course at 2600 this was much more viable than 5500.

Edited by test14
  • Like 1

ok no reply on ebay so submitted a requested via email had a response telling me about the service history etc I've just said the following

"No worries, thankyou for the information much appreciated.

Has the car had any issues with it at all?"

Lets see what they reply with.........
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Hopefully not test14 anymore... Oops.

So if they say no issues known, technically they might be right, they won't know unless it's bounced on them too.

How does previous keepers work here?

If you buy, you do paper work. I assume if you reject, return it's put on hold reverted as an owner? Otherwise this things going to have had a lot of owners which should be a flag in its own right.

Genuinely don't know.

Colin 

Hi Colin, when i bought the car it had actually had 6 owners, from the history and reading between the lines it appears that only three of these, after the police had it, held in to it for any period of time, the last two owners were short term me and the penultimte one very short term! I suppose i should have ran a mile when i saw the number of previous owners, but the car was at the right money and initially drove like a dream.... the lure of a 3.6 V6 is hard to ignore, even a knackered one eh? LOL.

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 09:17, superb36v6 said:

ive dropped them a message on ebay asking for history/ any work carried out. I'll give DVSA a call today. Dealers are b**stards

most could be considered crooks but what about the private owner who sold it to a dealer in the first place knowing the problems?

Each one of the garages that got this could well have purchased in good faith not even knowing that the car had issues, as stated above the private owner that sold it, may have done so because it had lots of issues, but of course he would say that to the dealer buying it... then in turn they would tell the next one and so on...

2 hours ago, superbdreams said:

most could be considered crooks but what about the private owner who sold it to a dealer in the first place knowing the problems?

Ok not all dealers are crooks. But Auto2000 prestige(dealer in Epping) are terrible. After I returned the vehicle to them and got a refund they  told me the car needed a new camkit yet they still sold the vehicle onto @tiffersdog without rectifying the issue.

But they may have not known about the issue before selling to me but certainly did after I returned the car. Yet still sold it on

55 minutes ago, superb36v6 said:

Ok not all dealers are crooks. But Auto2000 prestige(dealer in Epping) are terrible. After I returned the vehicle to them and got a refund they  told me the car needed a new camkit yet they still sold the vehicle onto @tiffersdog without rectifying the issue.

But they may have not known about the issue before selling to me but certainly did after I returned the car. Yet still sold it on

I missed the bit about the same dealer selling twice..

I agree @suberb36v6 Auto2000 knew all about the issues with the car after you had returned it to them but failed to disclose any of this to me at point of sale, i could have got trading standards involved and taken them to the cleaners but i was guilty of wanting to get my money back asap rather than drag through the courts etc, even though i would have had a great case what with all the evidence in this post,  i think the dealer was hoping they could off load it onto someone who would get it repaired, and didnt really understand the seriousness of what the fault codes had shown up thinking it was just a couple of £100 sensors that were at fault. It's a problem with modern cars that are good depriciators if you will, that 3.6 is a complex beast and has no right to be in a car worth 5k really if it was in a Passat the car would be worrh more like 10k and perhaps be a better repair proposition?  Dave.

ok the dealer currently selling the car has stated the car has no issues. This may be true to them due to lack of knowledge  if they have not been informed of the history of the car when purchasing from webuyanycar. Im tempted to give them a call or link them to this thread to highlight whats wrong with it

Edited by superb36v6