So I went and bought a Jaaaag

12 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

So somebody has done a render based on the new M4 render and........

BMW-i4.jpeg

I think the big nostrils look better  :o  Sorry to say I can see the Gerry Anderson Thunderbirds look is growing on me and I can see it working on the road. It's going to take a period of adjustment, but yep, I think it's a sleeper that's growing on me 

that is a lot better, if only itwasn't metallic turd brown with the worst alloys I've seen since the horrors they fit to Hyundai and Kias (and some older volvos).

Oddly the sides of the car are very dull, needs some side skirts.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Lady Elanore said:

Good job he didn't buy some $hit box with a crappy 4 cylinder engine then 

Not sure why you frequent a Skoda forum when you slag off our cars. Hang on I remember you haven't got any work. He was hoping for dry roads in the summer. That's probably why he needs some new tyres soon, lack of traction.

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Not sure why you frequent a Skoda forum when you slag off our cars. Hang on I remember you haven't got any work. He was hoping for dry roads in the summer. That's probably why he needs some new tyres soon, lack of traction.

Who is slagging off your cars???  I joined because I had an Octy II 2.0tdi 140ps DSG (known as Wilberpog) . A car I had from new and followed on the heels of a SEAT Toledo 1.9TDI?? Both cars I enjoyed and praised, but there again I like cars and would never try to take the shine off someone elses pride and joy. So I say to you, what on earth are you on about? I suggest you leave this thread to petrol heads and go back to reporting fatalities in the C19 thread. 

As for the long list of negative!! You really are trying to **** on my chips and it's started to wear a bit thin. You've been chipping away for weeks, but honestly, just accept it, some people are lucky enough to have a very nice focused sports car that is pretty still at the top of its tree even though it's getting replaced this year. I could post videos of barges like the Superb and people will never say it's anything like an M car and if they do they need to have a long hard talk to themselves. But why would I want to. They are a good car and why would I want to post reviews that are not positive, unless....   

There is tyre noise of course, he's running low profile 20" 265 on the front and 285s on the back and the other gripes, the sound, which he likes, but not at start up. This he compares to a V8 which as long as it's not a flat plane crank will always sound better at low revs. The lumber support I get, I have it on my M seats, but he has the cut-outs on his so it's none adjustable. Best seats I've ever had in any car imho. But there again he might have preferred something softer. 

Oh by the way, the fact you revel in someone being out of work and the potential extra stress this brings on top of the day to day stress of having very elderly parents, one of whom I can't even visit, is pretty cheap and nasty. I think you need to take a look at yourself. 

• Like 3

Looks like a similar deal to the employed, although capped a little lower. I might have to submit my accounts for my year ending this month, but that requires using my accountants, which I think are shut? And also means paying them a grand I would rather not 😞 Also it looks like it might be June before we see anything, but that's OK as I have a slush fund to get me there. The WhatsApp group that my colleagues use is moist with tears almost. I think it means that I'll be OK for the next 6 months as long as my invoices submitted earlier this year get paid.

I might go and buy some booze now obviously going the scenic way there in my noisy, firm riding, er...and other crap stuff, M4 (back OT). Although I went for a very brisk walk this afternoon and took the Hyundai. When I got back in I was 'glowing' as they say and the car has cooled seats!! Very strange!! Have to say, it's built like a little tank, much more solid than my old Vitara although nowhere near as economical. 

Just now, punyXpress said:

What's the Chancellor doing talking about M4s ?

He was whinging about it as he thinks they are $hite

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Like 1

Poor thing does look murdered. Or possible a suicide after it saw what its owner had done to it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Aspman said:

Oh BMW 🙈

1mx5kj.jpg

"We are not alone" 

Even weirder, is this is an electric car so doesn't need a mouth like a Manta Ray. World going madder

2021-Skoda-Enyaq-renderings-by-Kolesa-1-768x432.jpg

Edited by Lady Elanore

• 3 weeks later...

Well perhaps it's not quite as bad as I feared, at least in the darker colours. Cars used to have large elongated vertical grills so perhaps we shouldn't be so surprised by the look. I'm pretty sure it will grow on me and the car looks to be handsomely proportioned even if it is no doubt TOO BIG! Personally it seems to me that it very much depends on what angle you see the grill from. Tight close-ups and low down wide angles don't do it any favours, but three quarter views look OK. I'm looking forward to seeing it in the flesh as I suspect it will look like a slightly smaller M8 with the obvious bucktooth/butt-cheeked look. 

I would only bother looking at the first link as they are all basically the same, I just thought I would save someone the bother of posting endless ruddy links.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-2020-bmw-4-series-leaks-ahead-tomorrows-unveiling

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/first-official-pictures/bmw/4-series/

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/4-series/107632/new-2020-bmw-4-series-coupe-leaked-ahead-tuesdays-reveal

https://www.evo.co.uk/bmw/4-series/201608/2020-bmw-4-series-coupe-teased-to-debut-next-week

Edited by Lady Elanore