So I went and bought a Jaaaag

Cheapest CS I saw was around £50,000 but they were over £80,000 new. Were they just lighter or did they have say 450bhp as well?:)Just read Autocar July 2017 review £89,130 new a premium of £28,000 over the regular M4 with 454bhp and a GTS (£120,000) EQUALLING 442LB/FT and top speed of 174mph and 0-62mph in 3.9 seconds (GTS 3.8seconds). At 1,580kg it was 35kg lighter than the M4.

Edited by shyVRS245
More info added.

With the CS, it wasn't the marginal gains in straight line speed, which as we know is utterly pointless really, it was more about the handling. More carbon fibre (bonnet etc) made it a little lighter and there was a slight power hike, but the best stuff was reprogramming the traction control and rear diff, as well as gearbox and suspension reprogramming. Door cards were super light so you had to take a downgrade in audio in the M4 CS(but not the M3 CS which had a shorter and hence stiffer door card). The exhaust was subtly different too, although not quite as light as my BMW MPE zorst. Very nice staggered forged wheels too, with cup 2 tyres. Less of a beast than the regular models but still a drivers' car and ultimately a little quicker if anyone's timing. The suspension was based on the CP cars, but as the standard car had the CP dampers as well (2017 onwards) it wasn't such big news

If I just wanted a power hike I'd get a stage 1 ecu tune with somebody like Litchfield and get around 520bhp and 510lb/ft. But the standard cars normally show plus 20-30 bhp when on the rollers anyway. BMW go to great length to ensure that this engines power figures can be replicated not only at sea level on a cool day, but at altitude on a hot day. Hence, in normal driving (especially in the UK) the engine typically and noticeably over delivers anyway.  If I had the money and wasn't worried about buggering up the warranty and losing the car,  it's on a PCP (obviously no mods as cars on finance do not belong to you), I'd look to the brakes, diff reprogram (CS or GTS spec) some mods to suspension and probably a traction reprogram from the CCS or GTS, oh and you might as well have the more 'exciting' exhaust sound options from those cars too (you can turn them off if you want to stay friends with your neighbours and I have a BMS OBD controller anyway). But I like my car just the way it is and am happy not to modify any more than the MPE. I might try MPS4S on the rears next, as they get good reports for grip and ride, even though the sidewall is apparently a tad softer (doubt I will notice) and possibly last a little longer than the ones I currently have :D :D:D I should drive it more for economy...oh wait, I bought an M4, sod that. You only live once 

Well it is a thread about M4s in a general car related section. There are threads for those with a willy to wave I am sure. 

This might be what you are looking for, although it includes M3s as well

https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/forums/f80-m3-saloon-f82-m4-coupe-f83-m4-convertible-2014-present.74/

Btw this is your picture is it not? 100+ ****** (124mph) or did you not mean speed and rather you meant BHP like the 190 in your sig? 

IMG_4329.JPG.bfe2b20aa16626cbbd470e96c320f8a5.jpg

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Like 2

I think it's a BMW thing? Although he did once disparage Audi owners as having bought an expensive car and that if we put badge snobbery aside we would all be driving Hyundais and Kias.

Obviously I don't have a problem with that as I also drive a Hyundai :) 

• Like 2

Well the last of the deals on the M4 seem to be in the air, as production has stopped and they are really strong at the moment. If I wasn't in the financial pickle I find myself in, I would definitely consider this deal. Perfect spec for this car too imho (just make sure you go for the 19" wheels). TRL is well known to BMW forum users as a cheap source of new M based and similar cars 

https://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129108

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

Well the last of the deals on the M4 seem to be in the air, as production has stopped and they are really strong at the moment. If I wasn't in the financial pickle I find myself in, I would definitely consider this deal. Perfect spec for this car too imho (just make sure you go for the 19" wheels). TRL is well known to BMW forum users as a cheap source of new M based and similar cars 

Wow that's some discount and the monthly deal is very good with a very small deposit.:thumbup:

If that had happened in February I would now be driving a new CP M4, no question. The next version will be a lot quicker for sure, but the handling will be far easier to tame and in a way that's not necessarily what enthusiasts want. 

The pre-reg deals are becoming even stronger too. Never seen deals like them to be honest, at least not for an M car. A C63S would be nice though :) 

4 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

If that had happened in February I would now be driving a new CP M4, no question. The next version will be a lot quicker for sure, but the handling will be far easier to tame and in a way that's not necessarily what enthusiasts want. 

The pre-reg deals are becoming even stronger too. Never seen deals like them to be honest, at least not for an M car. A C63S would be nice though :) 

Especially when you consider a new diesel Audi S5 with around 350bhp retails for over £53,000 new makes the last of the current M4's seem a bargain. If I was single and wasn't paying 2 mortgages I would probably buy one especially with the 2.9% finance offer. Win....win....win....:tongueout:

Arguably the fastest track car in it's class still, even the Alfa isn't as quick on some circuits. Does eat rear tyres. I'm hardly touching mine as it needs new rears after not a lot of miles, but that's as it should be really, or it would have been sensible to buy a 320/330 4x4 

1 minute ago, Lady Elanore said:

Arguably the fastest track car in it's class still, even the Alfa isn't as quick on some circuits. Does eat rear tyres. I'm hardly touching mine as it needs new rears after not a lot of miles, but that's as it should be really, or it would have been sensible to buy a 320/330 4x4 

Guess your car is on an 18 plate do you mind saying how many miles yours has covered now?

3 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

Less the 20K, more than 10K 

Are they the second set of rear tyres and are they 265mm?. Genuinely curious sorry for all the questions. Friend on here replaced his 255mm rear tyres on his Kia Stinger GTS recently at 10,000 miles which is heavy and rear wheel drive. TIA.

11 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

Holy Fk that's some deal.

Damn that slow opening front seat damn it to hell!

• Haha 2

• Administrators

I could get through a set of fronts on my MkI RS in around 10k... soft rubber does not last long on the b roads of wales. Although longer than if I was in an M4 I suspect :D awesome topic to read through. Now where's my whiskey tubes full of pennies...

• Like 1

Guest BigJase88
17 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Are they the second set of rear tyres and are they 265mm?. Genuinely curious sorry for all the questions. Friend on here replaced his 255mm rear tyres on his Kia Stinger GTS recently at 10,000 miles which is heavy and rear wheel drive. TIA.

I burned through rear tyres every 3k miles in my 330d 🤣

all b roads though zero motorway

16 minutes ago, BigJase88 said:

I burned through rear tyres every 3k miles in my 330d 🤣

all b roads though zero motorway

On average I get 2mm per 10,000 miles on front tyres and 1mm per 10,000 miles of wear on the rear tyres but never owned a 4WD before so we shall see how long and how they wear on the Superb. Looking OK after 10,300 miles and service not due until the end of the year when they measure the tyre thread depths for an accurate guide at about 16,000 miles. Motorway is friendly on tyres and brakes as well as good for economy. Wife's car on original Michelin tyres after 25,500 miles and front brake pads should last at least 50,000 miles.

Guest BigJase88
3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

On average I get 2mm per 10,000 miles on front tyres and 1mm per 10,000 miles of wear on the rear tyres but never owned a 4WD before so we shall see how long and how they wear on the Superb. Looking OK after 10,300 miles and service not due until the end of the year when they measure the tyre thread depths for an accurate guide at about 16,000 miles. Motorway is friendly on tyres and brakes as well as good for economy. Wife's car on original Michelin tyres after 25,500 miles and front brake pads should last at least 50,000 miles.

I have never in 15 years of driving managed to make any set of tyres on a driven axle last more than 10k miles.

8 hours ago, BigJase88 said:

I have never in 15 years of driving managed to make any set of tyres on a driven axle last more than 10k miles.

20200626_170322.jpg.da63537178fc2bf5350c275b84125060.jpg

• Haha 1

First prototypes are being driven by the mags. This is CAR mags take and Autocar have done one too (I'm just posting the CAR one as it's a bit early to read too much into it, I reckon)

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/bmw/m3/

It has been stated that the new car is significantly bigger than the current one. This is good news, as it means I won't hanker after a car I can't afford anyway :D 

Stop making cars bigger!!! 

• Like 2

But it'll be ugly, so so ugly.

Plus am I wrong in thinking anything under 500hp just isn't worth it these days 😁

Edited by Aspman
  • Haha 1

Here's the Prototype RWD version (originally know as the Pure version) it's only got 473bhp so it will struggle on the school run 

it's nice to watch because 

1. the driver is heel and toeing
  2. You can't see the grill (I do actually quite like it I think, it's grown on me-like moss)
  3. The driver has nice arms  :) 

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Haha 1