So I went and bought a Jaaaag

2 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

OK BIG clue for the technical amongst you (it's obviously not a motorbike)

Car bit.jpg

This looks a lot like the transfer box from a Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R, and more so with the neons! ;) 

i reckon..... 

shes gone and bought an M3.

been bangin on about its bucktooth grill growing on her... 

yup. its an m3. with the component sharing being with a mini

• Like 1

I 'think' it might be a Supra???   or a Z4?

Actually given the BMW connection and 'selling to another BMW dealer'...   it's got to be Z4...   or a Supra!

In fact I reckon she's been a  bit sneaky as the vent picture is a Supra but the hazard switch is a Z4 so she's been deliberately confusing us with  her new Wilberpog!

Edited by skomaz

9 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Actually given teh BMW connection and 'selling to another BMW dealer'...   it's got to be Z4...

ah've ad a luke, an ah rekun, yer rung..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

ah've ad a luke, an ah rekun, yer rung..

that last vent is definitely a Supra...   as is the suspension piccie.

But the volume knob and hazard switch is Z4...

Edited by skomaz

40 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

These photos might not even be connected to any car she's buying. :D

Now that could be true and I wouldn't put it past someone who names her cars wilberpog and keeps a George in the cellar for a rainy day...

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, ColinD said:

Thought I'd succumb to the temptation and google that suspension image @Lady Elanore 

Shanks's Pony my lord! So I can confidently say it's a push bike :) Because 1 google result cannot be wrong. Actually loads of dodgy as heck links and one for evanscycles...

Ha ha. I have 5 bikes at home and can only ride one of them thanks to dodgy knee syndrome 😞

I'll be honest, I've been spinning the images around so that it's not totally obvious which way is the correct orientation. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lady Elanore said:

I'll be honest, I've been spinning the images around so that it's not totally obvious which way is the correct orientation. 

So they are from the car you're buying? Or are we guessing random cars? :D

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

These photos might not even be connected to any car she's buying. :D

I think you will find they are 😛  I might give up and post something a bit more obvious next, if anyone is still interested :D 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, roottoot said:

I hope the lady has done the Simply Clever thing and the Car in Front will be a Toyota, a Yaris and a Rally breed one. 

I wish. I was chatting with a chap on the M3cutters forum and he reckoned it's taking at least a year to get one! Fantastic car and the one I would choose for when I retire (or similar if we are still allowed cars then)

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

This looks a lot like the transfer box from a Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R, and more so with the neons! ;) 

You have good mechanical knowledge sir, but it's not a Nissan

1 hour ago, mac11irl said:

i reckon..... 

shes gone and bought an M3.

been bangin on about its bucktooth grill growing on her... 

yup. its an m3. with the component sharing being with a mini

Well the Toyota Supra shares a lot with the BMW range

1 hour ago, skomaz said:

Actually given the BMW connection and 'selling to another BMW dealer'...   it's got to be Z4...   or a Supra!

In fact I reckon she's been a  bit sneaky as the vent picture is a Supra but the hazard switch is a Z4 so she's been deliberately confusing us with  her new Wilberpog!

The vent knob I posted was from a Supra as I think it's the same knob as found in other cars.

1 hour ago, skomaz said:

that last vent is definitely a Supra...   as is the suspension piccie.

But the volume knob and hazard switch is Z4...

All in the correct order, but not necessarily in the right cars :D 

I'll post up a bit of a clincher

Edited by Lady Elanore

It's not actually that one, I can't afford all the extra carbon fibre bits, but it is the same colour, I've gone for the poverty spec end of M3 motoring (still not a cheap PCP monthly even with the equity in my old M4 😞 ), although it does have an extra pair of driven wheels if required :)

• Like 1

Just now, KenONeill said:

Not a car, but a building on a Personchester trading estate? ;) 

Ah but a closer look will reveal it's a LHD car. I'm hoping to get it next March, although probably will be around June the way the delays are growing at present. Thats allegedly the same colour as I specced, but it's not mine, I can't afford the extra bits of body kit 

@skomaz if you put your thumb over the grill in the pics, it dramatically changes the look of it and its much easier to look at.

@Lady Elanore if youre happy with it, and are in a position to put tge money in it.... why not?? enjoy it when it arrives, and enjoy the anticipation of said arrival :)

• Thanks 1

If you are driving it, you aren't having to look at it. Win Win 

Btw this isn't a garage queen, it's going to be used for work as much as anything 

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, mac11irl said:

@skomaz if you put your thumb over the grill in the pics, it dramatically changes the look of it and its much easier to look at.

@Lady Elanore if youre happy with it, and are in a position to put tge money in it.... why not?? enjoy it when it arrives, and enjoy the anticipation of said arrival :)

Tried that @mac11irl and you're right it does help and I guess there are aftermarket bumpers now available to fix the nose...