Skoda Connect issues

Anyone else getting issue in the last day or so. Its not updating, so not showing locked/unlocked status, or parking position (says it is in motion!). Refresh just fails, both website and app.

Only change I can think of is driving mostly in Eco for the last 2 days...could that be related? 

Any suggestions/thoughts?

Mine stopped working weeks ago and I have a ticket open with customer services to get it going again.  I've done a factory reset in the car, then deleted and reinstated the car on the online portal but now the car won't accept the new PIN; says it can't delete the previous owner.

55 minutes ago, BenSh said:

Anyone else getting issue in the last day or so. Its not updating, so not showing locked/unlocked status, or parking position (says it is in motion!). Refresh just fails, both website and app.

Only change I can think of is driving mostly in Eco for the last 2 days...could that be related? 

Any suggestions/thoughts?

Yes, mine was last updated 17 hours ago at this stage, same symptoms as you describe. Also pressing the info or maintenance buttons on the ceiling gives a "No Licence" message on the Infotainment System and sometimes an automated message stating the service has been deactivated, may be unrelated as I haven't tried these buttons before.

Thought it may have had to do with the new data protection rules and some inaction on my part but checked the emails, it does mention the new rules but does not require action. Checked on the online portal and accepted terms and conditions, etc, again but no change so far. Did notice that the MySkoda app did require to agree to the new data protection rules when opened so possibly they are waiting for an app update to be processed for the Connect App. Definitely server side as far as I can tell.

Yes I was suspicious it was not the car/me, but the service, so think that confirms it if other have the same. Good! (Well not good its broken but you know what I mean)

I forgot to mention that customer services told me on Friday afternoon that there was a temporary issue with their systems. I was unable to get the PIN to reinstate my car at the time but it was working again on Saturday morning.  The new PIN still doesn't work though!

For the last week or so the Skoda Connect app on my phone has shown a different coloured car with different wheels to mine. After seeing this thread I thought I'd check it again tonight and was horrified to see that, according to the app, my car was unlocked with the bonnet, boot and rear doors open. As I was returning to my car I was imagining all sorts of problems, only to find that my car was locked and still where I'd left it this morning. (The parking position part of the app has never been particularly accurate for me, despite being able to see my car on my drive at the moment the app tells me it is over the road and several houses down.)

So pressed all the website skoda connect Agrees again, and then in the car at work went into skoda connect screens and pressed some stuff! Also went to the agreement/setup page butno buttons to press there.

Whatever it was, it all immediatly leapt into life and I got a leaving home meaasge (from this morning) as I touched the car screen in skoda connect!

Drove home and it was ok but did go wrong again for 10 mins (ie refused to do anything) then again just suddenly working again.

So suggest (as the most likely) going into Skoda connect in the car and using it a bit...then maybe it will start working again. Currently working for me again.

Eventually got this to work again, I reset the infotainment system and deleted my car from the online portal to get a new activation code (would not give one without deleting the car). Works as expected, for now at least!

@MaddicIrl How did you reset the infotainment system?  I've done the long press of the power button and factory reset of the Skoda Connect services but neither of these have restored it for me.

14 minutes ago, D402 said:

@MaddicIrl How did you reset the infotainment system?  I've done the long press of the power button and factory reset of the Skoda Connect services but neither of these have restored it for me.

I did a reset of the Skoda Connect services first but that deactivated the services completely (I'm fairly sure I selected not to delete the registered user), so I decided to do the full factory reset of the infotainment, it still kept many (but not all of the personalisation settings) and went through the confirmation wizard again from the start. I believe though that the main difference was deleting the car from the online portal and adding it again which gave me a new activation code which I then entered into the configuration wizard.

Press and holding the power button does a soft reset, kinda like restarting your phone, clearing the RAM, etc.

7 minutes ago, D402 said:

Thank you @MaddicIrl, even the full factory reset didn't work for me, it still won't accept the new activation code.

Sorry to hear that @D402, FYI mine didn't seem to take it either, tried multiple times only to realise each time I tried I got an email saying its been activated, I then just ignored the infotainment system and it worked but your issue does seem different.

It's working again :)  Thanks to Elliot at Skoda customer services who has been extremely helpful and persistent with this issue :thumbup:

Unfortunately I can't provide any wisdom on how the problem was resolved, but I now know that there's a 'refresh' button in the Skoda Connect app and I think I should probably have tapped that rather than resetting the car.

• 1 month later...

The Skoda Connect app on my phone has been playing up all this week, basically it kicks me out and I have to sign in with a password and picture verification (which I don't remember setting up) at least once a day.

Has anyone else been having any issues with Skoda Connect? I'm wondering whether it's a problem at Skoda's end or the settings on my phone.

@Fatso i had a problem last week when there was an update after i updated i had the same as you re login and stupid picture thing.  Kept giving me a msg about my wifi being insecure....  I uninstalled and reinstalled app and its beeb right as rain since. 

Mine hasn't updated for 22 days now. Have contacted SUK and they said there is an issue with Connect just now. 

Whilst out today i noticed the small globe that appears at the top\middle of the infotainment screen was red when it is normally white.

10 hours ago, Adrian55555 said:

@Fatso i had a problem last week when there was an update after i updated i had the same as you re login and stupid picture thing.  Kept giving me a msg about my wifi being insecure....  I uninstalled and reinstalled app and its beeb right as rain since. 

Thanks, I'll try reinstalling the app.

It's a real pain because I've grown to depend on the app to remember where I left my car (first world problem, I know!).