Stereo wiring Fabia 2

Hi, I'm replacing the Dance unit in my wife's Fabia 2 with a Pioneer DAB / Bluetooth radio. I've got all the wiring loom bits including a connect2 conversion lead.  Looking at the label on the back of the Dance unit, and having tested the pins, there doesn't appear to be a switched live to the plug ( both the positive supplies are red and permanently supplied). I've read that on the Dance unit this may be achieved via the bus lead which obviously won't work on the pioneer unit. Is this correct, and if so how have others got round this?  

Thanks. 

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Our son changed  his standard radio for an aftermarket one and he kept getting flat battery's ! he has replaced the original radio and it doesn't drain the battery anymore.

• Confused 1

• 9 months later...
On 03/06/2018 at 19:27, Rita said:

Hi, I'm replacing the Dance unit in my wife's Fabia 2 with a Pioneer DAB / Bluetooth radio. I've got all the wiring loom bits including a connect2 conversion lead.  Looking at the label on the back of the Dance unit, and having tested the pins, there doesn't appear to be a switched live to the plug ( both the positive supplies are red and permanently supplied). I've read that on the Dance unit this may be achieved via the bus lead which obviously won't work on the pioneer unit. Is this correct, and if so how have others got round this?  

Thanks. 

did you find a solution, think ive got the same problem?

i have literally given up on mine, got a stereo on ebay last week, tried fitting it in with connect2 harness and the radio just stays on. i have changed the red and yellow wire round and it still stays on so i just gave up and put my dance stereo back in.

10 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

i have read somewhere that you could piggyback on one of the fuses under the steering wheel with speaker wires but it looked complicated though.

seems to be the suggested way, but also dont like the sound of it.

Im getting by, by manually turning off my head unit but its tedious and when someone else moved the car the other day they didnt realise and i had a flat battery!

I did get round this - I identified a switched live on the fuse board which wasn't used ( possibly for the heated seats?) and put an inline fuse and connected this to the radio.  Works fine.

4 hours ago, Rita said:

I did get round this - I identified a switched live on the fuse board which wasn't used ( possibly for the heated seats?) and put an inline fuse and connected this to the radio.  Works fine.

Ah great, I might try

Did you use a piggyback fuse like this?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F254179121253

3 hours ago, Rita said:

I used a standard blade connector to connect into a spare fuse way. 

image.jpeg

so is there a fuse in the circuit or does that blade/wire go straight to the headunits 12v connection?

• 3 weeks later...

I successfully used a Piggy back fuse connector in the fuse fit the rear wiper. This is switched live. I've dine this in two successive Fabia Mk2s and it's worked perfectly each time. Also fairly easy to get the cable up behind the stereo with a bit of fishing! 

On 16/04/2019 at 19:45, Rita said:

I used a standard blade connector to connect into a spare fuse way. 

image.jpeg

An you show a photo of where you then connected to the back of the stereo please. 

Im trying to fit a RCD330+ and it works fine but doesn’t recognise the ignition being on or off, hopefully this might be a work around, otherwise I’m looking at a canbus simulator but I’m starting to loose patience with it now!

i don't have a photo of the back of the radio, but most modern units have two power wires, usually red and yellow. One is for a permanent live, the other for the ignition switched feed, i.e. Only live when the ignition is on. You need to check the instructions for the unit you have to confirm which is which.