Cleaning seats

So decided to try and clean the front seats on the vrs any hints or tips on best way . I have access to wet vac machine . But being such a light colour there must be someone on here that's got a few tips

I used vanish stain remover on my seats, spray, leave for a minute, use a clean stiff brush to agitate the dirt then use the wetvac to suck the dirt in, here are some before and after pictures to show that it works

AC7B4B99-6829-4A8E-955C-573CCFCB55FE.jpeg

17484310-C1B4-4E1E-A692-E3989D1813A1.jpeg

• Like 1

Take it to a valet company, the Vrs seats are made of good quality material and will clean up well had mine done front only for £25 and they were filthy.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a fabia classic 1.4  I bought of a few boys who drove it to Mongolia and back.. I bought it as a parts cars, it had writing all over it in pen and the inside seats and carpets were covered in dirt... However, I took a dishcloth to the pen writing and it's all came clean off, I just couldn't get the seats clean. Reckon vanish would do the job? I used cheap branded vanishy stuff and it never done much.

if it cleans up well I'll be selling the car, it's full service history 1.4 16v Y reg classic hatchback not quite reached 80k yet.

On 20/06/2018 at 20:50, taylsy01 said:

I've got a fabia classic 1.4  I bought of a few boys who drove it to Mongolia and back.. I bought it as a parts cars, it had writing all over it in pen and the inside seats and carpets were covered in dirt... However, I took a dishcloth to the pen writing and it's all came clean off, I just couldn't get the seats clean. Reckon vanish would do the job? I used cheap branded vanishy stuff and it never done much.

if it cleans up well I'll be selling the car, it's full service history 1.4 16v Y reg classic hatchback not quite reached 80k yet.

Yes make sure you get the genuine vanish that has stain removing properties

I had very dirty seats in the 1.4 Fab and my old polo. I think kids had spilt a can of coke on the rear seat in the polo. So I removed the  seat squab, stripped it and put it in the washing machine. Dried it on the line. It didn't shrink and cam out like new. So I did all the seats, squabs and backs, the same way. It is a fiddle removing and refitting but they were like showroom new after.

• Like 1

I bought a trigger bottle of halfords upholstery cleaner after finding it was rated number one in a recent survey (Which? or autoexpress or something similar), worked pretty well to be fair.