Absolute Disgrace - Upskirting

gman1967

35 minutes ago, Jfhuk said:

It’s a case of make your point once and move on. He doesn’t seem to realise he’s stopping some important legislation.

Exactly. If he feels that strongly then there are appropriate channels he can use rather than merely delaying a bill moving through the approval process. 

Abide by that rather than hijacking the cause - other MP's probably share same "concerns" but didn't feel the requirement to "object".

54 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

I know this has caused a bit of an uproar but he wants Private members bills properly scrutinised by Parliament.
FTR I support the bill.

I think this is what he is saying too (although it could be just because he wants to be a pain?). Back benches let certain bills fly through without discussion and one day a ridiculous bill will be passed because of a lack of due process. Of course its an obvious Bill and should be passed in any civilised modern country, but blocking it because he disagrees with it, is not what he claims is his intent. Surely they should have a mechanism that simply goes "anyone disagree"...."yes!"..."well lets discuss it before we have another vote".

Haven't these people seen 12 Angry Men?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

I think this is what he is saying too (although it could be just because he wants to be a pain?). Back benches let certain bills fly through without discussion and one day a ridiculous bill will be passed because of a lack of due process. Of course its an obvious Bill and should be passed in any civilised modern country, but blocking it because he disagrees with it, is not what he claims is his intent. Surely they should have a mechanism that simply goes "anyone disagree"...."yes!"..."well lets discuss it before we have another vote".

Haven't these people seen 12 Angry Men?  

I'm just using supposition here but what if a bill flew through without being properly scrutinised. A perv got away with upskirting just because an obvious loophole in the law hadn't been closed?
I think people would then be screaming from the rooftops 'WHY WASN'T THIS LAW THOUGHT OUT!'.
I think we're on the same page but this particular bill has proven especially emotive.

I know of a very senior MP who was tempted to re-instate the need for a man with a red flag to walk infront of cars bill, with some carefull planning as a private members bill on April 1st. Knowing a certain member would object. But in the end he chickened out. 

• Haha 1

I've probably got more to lose with the failure of this Bill to get through, even at my age! But I do think it is important that there is at least a cursory glance at the bill and a bare minimum of discussion before a vote. Even if it was only 10 minutes for an obvious Bill that protects and benefits over 50% of the population (I include Scotsmen, transvestites and the fact that there are more women in the country than men :) ). 

• Like 2

As I read it he was protesting against his own party as much as anything. TM's habit of riding roughshod over the back bench.

However from his own reputational standpoint it was a poor choice of protest. I suspect he is just in the habit of blocking things that haven't followed due process in his opinion. Parliamentary procedure is pretty archaic I believe.

• Like 3

On 6/15/2018 at 21:12, Jfhuk said:

Sorry, but you’ve bought the old Scottish joke to mind Reporter to Scotsman “is anything worn under the kilt?” Reply “no mam it’s all in perfect working order” . Sorry it’s Friday after a long week 8-)

My BIL ,from Wearside always said that the reason that the correct footwear to accompany the kilt being Brogues ,was to prevent indecent reflections.

• Like 1

F sake look at the length of this thread. THIS IS ISNT IMPORTANT LEGISLATION!!.

The amount of indigenous population now homeless and well below the breadline , kids going to school without proper sustenance. This is important.

the amount of food banks springing up , the squeeze on the NHS, the lack of police , GP's , housing

Wake the F up , proper upbringing and instilled respect from parents negates this f-in bill.

This country is on a fast downward spiral , inhabited with too many lily livered liberals .

Take the new advice by cancer research recently

It used to say " All women over a certain age will require regular cervical screening"

It now says any person that has a cervix requires regular screening , as some people regard themselves as men transforming from women.

" Im bringing my child up as gender neutral" What!!!

Sorry , im ****ed after  six pint cans of bud

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Greezy56 said:

F sake look at the length of this thread. THIS IS ISNT IMPORTANT LEGISLATION!!.

The amount of indigenous population now homeless and well below the breadline , kids going to school without proper sustenance. This is important.

the amount of food banks springing up , the squeeze on the NHS, the lack of police , GP's , housing

Wake the F up , proper upbringing and instilled respect from parents negates this f-in bill.

This country is on a fast downward spiral , inhabited with too many lily livered liberals .

Take the new advice by cancer research recently

It used to say " All women over a certain age will require regular cervical screening"

It now says any person that has a cervix requires regular screening , as some people regard themselves as men transforming from women.

" Im bringing my child up as gender neutral" What!!!

Sorry , im ****ed after  six pint cans of bud

Firstly this thread is posted in the occasionally irreverent section called 'Off Topic'

Secondly, you are a lightweight - 6 cans of bud wouldn't get a budgie ****ed would it? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I want to move to an area of Scotland that has ****ty mobile, ****ty internet coverage and live a real life. Eat what I kill, grow my own , read books, watch non re-booted films. Have meaningful sex, get drunk and die!!! iPhone 10's etc at the bottom of the loch.

The best times I ever had were with people , were with women, friends. I never had 400 friends and 1000 likes. I had 4 good pals and still have them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lady Elanore said:

Firstly this thread is posted in the occasionally irreverent section called 'Off Topic'

Secondly, you are a lightweight - 6 cans of bud wouldn't get a budgie ****ed would it? 

Pint cans , don't mistake for small uns , Man Pints , 568 ml of golden juice sent from the gods

8 hours ago, Greezy56 said:

Pint cans , don't mistake for small uns , Man Pints , 568 ml of golden juice sent from the gods

@Lady Elanore - Where's that "nachos with salsa, pickled chillies and a bottle of malt" emoticon when you need it? Watching a fellow Scot trying to pick a fight with a Geordie is that entertaining!

On 6/18/2018 at 17:53, Lady Elanore said:

That was my initial thought, but do you think he has a point in that we need all Bills to be discussed before passing them, even if it is only briefly? Personally I think he is a wassock and he is covering his tracks with the 'we need to discuss the bill first' rhetoric, but there again, perhaps he is correct. 

if they applied that rule nothing would ever get done. Precious little gets debated and 90% of those who vote aren't present for any of the debate anyway. In a debate you have a dozen or so MPs present then hundreds rock up to vote when the bells ring. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KenONeill said:

@Lady Elanore - Where's that "nachos with salsa, pickled chillies and a bottle of malt" emoticon when you need it? Watching a fellow Scot trying to pick a fight with a Geordie is that entertaining!

I succumbed to the evil of Pink Gin and Tonics  last night :) 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Greezy56 said:

I had you down as a Brex****ter with your previous post but then you go and use Continental units. Now I don't know what to think.........
Do you like gammon?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, domhnall said:

. In a debate you have a dozen or so MPs present then hundreds rock up to vote when the bells ring. 

With no idea what they're ****ing voting for. :wall:

1 minute ago, Lee01 said:

With no idea what they're ****ing voting for. :wall:

They just follow the whips, just like when they where fags at Eton ;-)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jfhuk said:

They just follow the whips, just like when they where fags at Eton ;-)

One MP told me that when he was new he asked "what am I voting for?" and was told "don't ask it'll only upset you" 

The mother of all parliaments they claim. 

1 hour ago, Lee01 said:

I had you down as a Brex****ter with your previous post but then you go and use Continental units. Now I don't know what to think.........
Do you like gammon?

You got me bang to rights my man

On 6/21/2018 at 00:45, Greezy56 said:

I want to move to an area of Scotland that has ****ty mobile, ****ty internet coverage and live a real life. Eat what I kill, grow my own , read books, watch non re-booted films. Have meaningful sex, get drunk and die!!! iPhone 10's etc at the bottom of the loch.

The best times I ever had were with people , were with women, friends. I never had 400 friends and 1000 likes. I had 4 good pals and still have them.

Unfortunately, that world has gone, never to return. Mr Trump and the impending nuclear apocalypse notwithstanding. :D