Mid life crisis

181ce

11 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

My 'build a cyborg George Clooney' has stalled a bit at the 'how do you build a cyborg George Clooney?' stage. I will now have to find another mid-life crisis :( 

Probably at the organic donor stage. Surprisingly no one ever volunteers to be grafted to machine parts even if it is to make a George Clooney cyborg. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aspman said:

Take up an old man hobby?

Wood%20Lathe%201.jpg

Wood turning might be for you.

It involves, wood, machines, gadgetry, sharp things and long periods alone in a shed or outbuilding.

My mate did that.

It still makes me smile. When discussing it in the pub one day. I asked him how it was going, when another one of our mates piped up, 'He's got a garage load of stuff you could cram up yer @r$e but nowt that's eff all use to man nor beast.' :D 

Edited by Bignij
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

My 'build a cyborg George Clooney' has stalled a bit at the 'how do you build a cyborg George Clooney?' stage. I will now have to find another mid-life crisis :( 

does the M4 not count as a midlife crisis? 

7 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

I think that signifies a full blow panic attack with a side order of 'lost the plot'. 

Hahahaha, I try and have a midlife crisis every few years. Latest was becoming a firefighter 

Mid life crisis 40 - electric guitar (yes seriously lacking in originality), haven't really done much with it.

Not going to call 50 mid life as I don't expect to see 100

but ....50 got an accordion. I may never be a brilliant player but it has kind of kept me sane, other than slight panic attacks on occasions where I do not have access to an accordion for more than a couple of days.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

Thats not a crisis, it's preventing a crisis surely :)

Depending on how he looks in all the gear, it may also cause the occassional "crisis" :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aspman said:

Take up an old man hobby?

Wood%20Lathe%201.jpg

Wood turning might be for you.

It involves, wood, machines, gadgetry, sharp things and long periods alone in a shed or outbuilding.

Yes - something I made earlier.

Mushroom House 1.jpg

3 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

Depending on how he looks in all the gear, it may also cause the occassional "crisis" :D

Well there is something about a Fireman in uniform ;) 

• Like 1

I prefer a Fire woman in uniform.

Not that often i see 2 wooden mushrooms twice in one day, but today is one of those.

This pair were there when i was on my mid day cycle, something i do lots now in midlife, and early mornings as well.

Maybe a sign i need to go looking for mushy's....  Not had any for a while.

DSCN4119.JPG

DSCN4105.JPG

Edited by Offski

9 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

Well there is something about a Fireman in uniform ;) 

Yes I certainly have found women take an interest when walking past the station when we are "drilling" :D

15 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

I think that signifies a full blow panic attack with a side order of 'lost the plot'. 

Well, the M4 motorway has a tendency to induce both of these anyway, so it sounds about right....

4 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Mmmmmmmm...........Nice drill

maxresdefault.jpg

Why does fireman sam need a drill?

Is he finally going to lobotomise that little **** Norman Price who's always getting himself in trouble? 

So we've decided 

I should have bought a uniform ?

And perhaps a big shiny helmet ?

Edited by 181ce

• 2 months later...