Error service: leave vehicle only when selector in position P?

Hi guy's I've just purchased this octavia vrs dsg tdi 64 reg from BCA auction and it's come up with this error.

Does anyone know how much it will cost to repair and best place to go?

My skoda is out of warranty and bca won't refund or give me my money back! 

7 hours ago, TaxiB said:

Hi guy's I've just purchased this octavia vrs dsg tdi 64 reg from BCA auction and it's come up with this error.

Does anyone know how much it will cost to repair and best place to go?

My skoda is out of warranty and bca won't refund or give me my money back! 

How long ago did you buy it? If it was sold with the error then they should contribute surely under the sale of goods act?

24 minutes ago, KevC_Derby said:

How long ago did you buy it? If it was sold with the error then they should contribute surely under the sale of goods act?

From a trade auction? I doubt they would.

The message is no big deal.

&

Unless you know when the DSG was last given an oil change which should be every 40,000 miles go get that done.

The person doing that can clear any error codes after checking what they are, and dealing with anything needing dealt with.

If you bought the car to use as a Taxi i would be having it given a Major Service by someone with all the gear and more than just an idea?

Mine 64 plate vRS has been doing this since about 3’000 miles, it’s on 107’000 miles now and hasn’t had a problem just occassionally ‘pings up’ 

Mine does it to but it's still under warranty.

There's a technical bulletin about it apparently.

I'll get it looked at next service.

Lee

Thanks everyone! Feel a bit better now and I've found out the part from TPS is £586.69 part no:5Q2713025K not sure how much to have it fitted and will it flag up again after 1 or 2 years? 

1 hour ago, TaxiB said:

Thanks everyone! Feel a bit better now and I've found out the part from TPS is £586.69 part no:5Q2713025K not sure how much to have it fitted and will it flag up again after 1 or 2 years? 

For that price i'd run it on until such time / if such time it causes a physical issue.

I was seeing it occasionally, it was popping in and disappearing after 2-5s. Sometimes happened 2 or 3 times in a row, then few months nothing. Took me a year or so to actually take a photo of it. All in all seems rather benign.