just bought 67 reg SEL NO CD PLAYER Aaaargh!

1 minute ago, ahenners said:

I think it is but that last 1/10 of quality is missing. For most of the time, the convenience and the fact Google Play is very good at suggesting new music based on my likes, massively outweighs the slight reduction in quality.

@SWBoy Most streaming platforms do allow you to download the content for offline listening, so that would mitigate the signal issue somewhat, though you'd be limited to what's downloaded. Guess it's only the same with a CD or SD card though.

Car will be faster and more economical not having to cart around all those CD's!:biggrin:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SWBoy said:

I bought my first CDs (5 of my choice came free with the CD player) in 1979, so I had a large collection before digital downloading even started - before even the internet existed and downloading even mp3 files wasn't a sane option with a 56kbps dial-up modem...

Impressive, considering the compact disc wasn't launched until 1982.

Personally, I was disappointed that my previous car didn't include an audio cassette tape player...

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Rodge said:

Impressive, considering the compact disc wasn't launched until 1982.

I knew it was a long time ago, old folks memories aren't what they used to be B)

The CD player was an early Denon which even allowed you to skip to sections within a track, not had that option on any later player.

• 4 years later...
On 13/07/2018 at 21:40, Stonker said:

It all comes down to research, research, research. I feel your pain. Well I did when I bought my previous Octavia SE L estate, no CD slot to be seen, luckily for me, my daughter had a spare slot on her family Spotify premium subscription :party: I've never looked back, however until then I put my CDs on to USB stick. Time consuming but fixed short term.

I'm now on my second Octavia SE L estate DSG 67 on a plate, I'm loving it just like you. CD slot or not as the case maybe :D

On 13/07/2018 at 04:09, Jaco2k said:

Those will fit on a memory card and you will have much more convenience that way.

can anyone advise what CD to buy to play in my skoda octavia please and how 

Hi Did anyone solve the problem of connecting a CD player in the Skoda Octavia instead of using the SD slot please. Any recommendations welcomed. I am not technical and was so disappointed when my Octavia didnt have a CD player installed. 

1 hour ago, RoddersUK said:

Rip all CDs to an SD card. 

Can't see why you wouldn't, no need to carry CDs, no need to change CDs, no need to get a CD player.

Totally agree with this, I never looked any more into getting a CD player, I just ripped all my cd's to a good quality SD card and never looked back.

• Like 2

You mean to say the CD player was removed from the Glovebox when the SEL was made over my Lowly 63 plate SE??? weird, seems like a downgrade rather than an upgrade!!...

I've got CD, AUX, SD, USB and Bluetooth (which I use to stream my 1,000's of Ripped CD's stored on my OneDrive using CloudPlayer on my Phone)