Space saver spare wheel

Yes you can get a spare wheel kit for the 7 seater. It was only around £100 when I picked it as an option but is more expensive as an aftermarket kit. The 3rd row seats lift up on little gas struts and the wheel fits under there and the tools, jack etc fit under the reversible  false floor section. 

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Kodiaq-7-Seat-Model-18-Spare-Wheel-Tool-Kit-/253356747986

Edited by Kenny R

OK I have just checked and found the little gas struts on folding seats , Obviously I should have got it as an option but didn't !! There does not seem much room when I remove the useless pressurisation kit I got . does it stick up above the indent for the wheel much , but I guess the space under the third row is pretty useless anyway. 

Many thanks for this ,I have actually got a kit now . However the existing carpet does not fit , I presume on the factory supplied kit on purchase (kicking myself) has the wheel visible under third third row of seats , my existing carpet goes over the top of the wheel  and sticks up a bit, I can still lock the seats down but its a bit tight, It looks like I will have to cut a hole of some sort in the carpet.

When I collected my car this week, I was told there's a kit coming out in September for the 5 seat, that gives you everything to make it the same as if it were factory fitted. Maybe there will be one for th 7 seat as well.

I can confirm a version for the 5 seat is available. I have one and it looks fine. I now have the option of having an extra deep cargo/boot area or a shallow one without a spare tyre if needed. 

If you do add a space saver remember that if you have a rubber boot mat it will be too small for the higher level floor which is larger than the one nearer the floor pan.  It still fits width wise but is about 2 inches too short. You can of course by a second mat that will fit

note also that even with the space saver installed the boot floor will still be lower than the boot sill. You will not be able to have a floor to line up with the folded seats. To solve that issue - until Skoda release a retrofit solution- you need a couple of bits of wood and order the two part floor panels (it was not a factory option on my 2 litre SEL DSG unlike the lower powered alternatives. In the U.K.). Dealer wasn't keen to sell me the parts and had a problem getting the part numbers in the right colour but after a few attempts I was able to do this and I now have a third option for the boot as well. Same issue with any rubber boot mat as the higher level is larger still

It would be great to have the part number for the 5 seat version kit. I'm concerned that if my dealer thinks its only out in September they would get the wrong thing anyway. Superskoda show this for the seven seat version, is it the same / similar?

1553845388_ScreenShot2018-08-05at16_27_26.thumb.png.ef97f64b6b03cccab65f1d8015ce6b0a.png

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but is there a spare wheel kit specifically for the Kodiaq vRS?  There's a battery in the boot of the vRS version which takes up room and forces the location of spare wheel further forward.

My dealer supplied an 18" spare wheel (needed on the vRS due to large front brakes) but the space beneath the 3rd row of seats isn't large enough to hold the 18" wheel (the foam inserts don't leave enough room).

Just wondering if anyone else has managed to get a spare wheel kit for the vRS (68 plate bi-turbo)

thanks.

Edited by johnmuff

It's not shown as standard equipment or even an option on the configurator, so it doesn't look like you can fit one in 😞

Chris

3 hours ago, johnmuff said:

Is that an 18" spare and is it going in a vRS (battery in the boot)?

If so, where did you get the kit from?

Thanks

Sorry John, it’s a space saver. Unfortunately I don’t own an vRS . 😔

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/07/2020 at 17:12, Manc-Fletch said:

Fitted the space saver wheel today, pretty straight forward really.

I’m not sure what to with the redundant bits though. 🤔

ADA0D41E-9068-442D-9E7C-9E927E3A8AF1.jpeg

F49D000E-FB06-4285-9B5B-F1A8B0449216.jpeg

Is that step between the folded 3rd row and the lip permanent or can the section of false floor that slots in their normally still be used to give a flat load space?

Could you share any more pictures or a quick write up?

thank you!

41 minutes ago, tallpaul_kodiaq said:

Is that step between the folded 3rd row and the lip permanent or can the section of false floor that slots in their normally still be used to give a flat load space?

Could you share any more pictures or a quick write up?

thank you!

There should be a double sided section ( rubber/ plastic on one side carpet on other) that fits in there.

639A28E0-E056-4169-871E-BB6937543C9F.jpeg

As Kenny says, I took the photo before I fitted the final double sided section (the big bit sticking up in Kenny’s picture) that makes the whole floor flat.

I think I still have the instructions in my garage, I’ll take a photo of them if I have.

Just to confirm, is this for vRS or non vRS 7 seater.  

I have a vRS with the battery in the back below false floor and doesn't seem to be a vRS kit for spare wheel that I can find.