Retrofit wireless charger.

I've got my new Octavia on order. I just missed out on Apple CarPlay with my current one as it was released a couple of months later. Does anyone know if CarPlay works wirelessly in the Octavia, as if so I'd be really interested in getting one of these wireless charger doobywhatsits? If not and I'm going to have to plug the phone in for every journey there isn't much point.

1 hour ago, Aurial said:

I've got my new Octavia on order. I just missed out on Apple CarPlay with my current one as it was released a couple of months later. Does anyone know if CarPlay works wirelessly in the Octavia, as if so I'd be really interested in getting one of these wireless charger doobywhatsits? If not and I'm going to have to plug the phone in for every journey there isn't much point.

Its not wireless. Requires the phone to be plugged into USB. 

2 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Its not wireless. Requires the phone to be plugged into USB. 

That's a shame. It seems that only BMW are bothering to do it wirelessly. I guess there's no point in me getting the wireless charging box then.

Yep, but it’s not all rosy at BMW, you will now have to pay annually to use CarPlay (and it’s currently a cost option across the range anyway) and you don’t get Android Auto support. Yey for German car makers ability to keep ripping customers off.

I have the bits ready for a wireless charger install in my car (it’s a bit ghetto, but when the drawer is closed nobody can see it and it it’ll work) but it’s more for the passenger. Damn Skoda and their singular USB port...