Citigo Electric

Ronn

Just taller and easier to get in and out of than a Leaf.  Family car, couples car, individuals car, you call them what you want, 

Leaf are being used as Taxis'.

So the Kona / Niro is FWD, not a SUV / Crossover or the likes, just mid sized Hatchbacks.  No pretence at any Offroad Ability like Skoda are spinning with FWD Kamiq.

DSCN2489.JPG

Edited by Skoffski

4 hours ago, Ronn said:

I have tried one, I took out the new Mk2 Nissan Leaf on a 20 mile round trip.

I drove very well but still rather disconcerting to observe the range indicator visibly reducing by the minute.

And bear in mind, that's driving probably the most advanced EV family size hatch available on the market.

I’d class the Tesla model 3 as a family car and is way more advanced than the Nissan Leaf. The leaf would come second in my opinion however. 

Blimey - we are not going to compare apples with pears are we?

The Leaf is for the 'masses' the 'Great Unwashed' as Disreali would call them.

The Tesla model 3 is for the descerning gentleman motorist!

Of course the Tesla car is superior.

But much more expensive of course.

Or Company / Business & Lease, for those that wash and wear a tie or not and go about earning some kelly.

Ladies also drive the same as Gentlemen or just youths.

Leaf 2 has issues with fast charging if you bother to look at that, which is why really not the No. 2 after the likes of a TESLA.

Horses for courses, and cost cutting a bit too far.

Edited by Skoffski

15 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

Or Company / Business & Lease, for those that wash and wear a tie or not and go about earning some kelly.

Ladies also drive the same as Gentlemen or just youths.

Leaf 2 has issues with fast charging if you bother to look at that, which is why really not the No. 2 after the likes of a TESLA.

Horses for courses, and cost cutting a bit too far.

keep up George, the Leaf 2 had those issues fixed from May 2018 and the software update has now been rolled out to early examples made between Jan and May 2018. Rapid charging is not a problem - as I prove driving to stafford and back last weekend. Pre update it would have taken forever.   Still Nissan were naughty, denying there was any problem but quietly fixing it while denying there was anything to fix

All Tesla's are style cars!

Cars that make a statement about your lifestyle, your friends, your ambitions & your earning power.

Obviously, the type of person who we all would like to aspire to became, unless you vote Labour! Then you'd be jealous of successful people, regard them as exploiters of the lower working class & want us all to feed out of 'the trough'.

I don't suppose Jeremey Corbyn has a Tesla secreted away in his garage.

Come to think of it, I don't think he has a garage!

Come to think of it, I don't think he has a car!

If he has got a car it would probably be a 1956 Moskvitch, design so that you can take pigs to market on the back seat.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I had a test drive in a Suzuki Swift SV-5 mild hybrid the weekend.

I have to say - a very impressive motor.

And wow, the amount of high tech & kit on it is unbelievable.

I want one.

It know it's more expensive than the Citigo but, it knocks the Citigo into a 'Cocked Hat'.

Anybody out their got anything to say on LED headlights.

We all know that Halogen headlights are very much a thing of yesteryear now & in my opinion never ever provide adequate headlight power for night driving.

But then, we had Xenon lighting that provided an extremely penetrating blueish/white beam.

I was very impressed with those.

However, they were extremely short lived on new cars & all manufactures are now changing their lighting to LED headlights.

The motoring press say the beam given off by LED headlights is even superior to  that given off by Xenon headlights.

Is there anybody out there who have owned separate  cars recently fitted with Xenon & LED headlights & can they give use their opinions on both types of lighting, telling us which they believe to be the best type of headlight?

Edited by Ronn

I think the quality of light from headlamps are very much a product of their packaging. With halogen and xenon, it also depends very much on reflector design. However, having now had a car with bi-xenon headlamps (Volvo V40) and two with LED (Leon and Karoq) I'll say this. The quality of the light from xenon and LED is much better than halogen (obviously) but the difference in quality between LED and xenon is not really noticeable - I might say the light from xenon is slightly more intense. The LEDs on the LEON were disappointing for range and seemed to loose power on wet roads, that is to say the light was absorbed more by water. The LEDs on the Karoq provide better range, are more intense and do not suffer from the light being absorbed in wet conditions. Both LED equipped vehicles have a well defined beam, so even on main beam you feel you are looking down a low tunnel. The Volvo bi-xenons are the best headlamps I've had on a car - very good range, bright and high illumination - no problems in the rain or on wet roads.

Edited by Luckypants
didn't make sense.

Had Xenons on Octavia Vrs 2015 and although they are much better than halogens my current 2017 Octavia Vrs LED headlights are the best for brightness and range in the dark on any car I have owned (I have owned quite a few Xenon equipped cars over the past decade).:thinking:

What you say mirrors my views aslo.

My Audi TT has LEDs and, although impressive, they just don't quit 'cut the mustard' as I believe they should be!

Interesting comments you make about reflector design - think you're onto something here.

On 02/04/2019 at 12:54, Ronn said:

Anybody out their got anything to say on LED headlights.

We all know that Halogen headlights are very much a thing of yesteryear now & in my opinion never ever provide adequate headlight power for night driving.

But then, we had Xenon lighting that provided an extremely penetrating blueish/white beam.

I was very impressed with those.

However, they were extremely short lived on new cars & all manufactures are now changing their lighting to LED headlights.

The motoring press say the beam given off by LED headlights is even superior to  that given off by Xenon headlights.

Is there anybody out there who have owned separate  cars recently fitted with Xenon & LED headlights & can they give use their opinions on both types of lighting, telling us which they believe to be the best type of headlight?

My Ibiza has full LED headlights and they’re far superior to normal halogen lights that my previous Citigo had. They provide a wide beam angle, light up the road very well, enough so that I don’t need to use high beams on unlit roads! I’ll always want a car with full LED headlights from now on. 061A42F3-5950-459A-A595-AAFA4FE23644.thumb.jpeg.e8b26aae708ef71b92ad497aaa82f496.jpeg

Edited by Jonny118118
Extra info

Not an EV,

just a 1.0 litre  Petrol Hybrid as in the coming soon Ford Fiesta might interest some.

PS

Re headlights.

Other than Land Rovers i have never driven a passenger car or van that does not have full beam that can light up the road ahead safely at legal or over legal UK speed limits.

Had plenty with pathetic Dipped Beam as needed to use to not dazzle other road users.

IMO some of the new 'Dipped Beam' lights on cars are a total PITA.  A case of see and what does it matter if other road users are dazzled.

It used to be & still can be badly or illegally modified cars, now it is brand new cars right out of dealerships / off the production line.

Some can be due to no Headlight check at a PDI and the first the badly set lights are picked up on is after 3 years on the road and at a MOT.

Edited by Skoffski

52 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

Not an EV,

just a 1.0 litre  Petrol Hybrid as in the coming soon Ford Fiesta might interest some.

PS

Re headlights.

Other than Land Rovers i have never driven a passenger car or van that does not have full beam that can light up the road ahead safely at legal or over legal UK speed limits.

Had plenty with pathetic Dipped Beam as needed to use to not dazzle other road users.

IMO some of the new 'Dipped Beam' lights on cars are a total PITA.  A case of see and what does it matter if other road users are dazzled.

It used to be & still can be badly or illegally modified cars, now it is brand new cars right out of dealerships / off the production line.

Some can be due to no Headlight check at a PDI and the first the badly set lights are picked up on is after 3 years on the road and at a MOT.

LED headlight beam level is automatically set, it works by the load in the boot. It does it every time the ignition is turned on. 

I agree, retrofitted or modded LED lights won’t, and they’ll be giving the wrong beam level.

Edited by Jonny118118
Typo
  • Haha 1

I know i was driving a brand new Ibiza FR Sport DSG just a few weeks back.

Then i saw it driving behind me with another driver. 

Lights up and down slow compared to the road and that was on dipped beam.

Maybe try seeing what your car lights look like as it drives towards you or follows you.

?

Has nobody been flashing you or putting full beam on early as they come towards you if you drive country roads?

Edited by Skoffski

52 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

I know i was driving a brand new Ibiza FR Sport DSG just a few weeks back.

Then i saw it driving behind me with another driver. 

Lights up and down slow compared to the road and that was on dipped beam.

Maybe try seeing what your car lights look like as it drives towards you or follows you.

?

Has nobody been flashing you or putting full beam on early as they come towards you if you drive country roads?

The odd flash now and again, nothing uncommon, usually end up flashing back, just to make em aware it ain’t full/high beam! Had a Leon follow me, but due to the rear view mirror automatically dimming it didn’t bother me one bit. The lights that annoy me are the SUV LED lights, they don’t seem to have the right beam angle at all, always seem to shine directly into the cabin. 

Edited by Jonny118118

I have a SEAT Alhambra that has good lights and not annoying to others, never a flash in 42,000 miles.

But running MK2 Fabia vRS with the Side Lights that were the DRL Units just giving off a bit less light has the same affect on other drivers as driving the New Ibiza had.

I was running Seat Atecas for a couple of weeks, never a flash from any annoyed drivers. 

Where i drive people let you know if they think you have tw-at lights on your car.

On 02/04/2019 at 00:07, Ronn said:

I had a test drive in a Suzuki Swift SV-5 mild hybrid the weekend.

I have to say - a very impressive motor.

And wow, the amount of high tech & kit on it is unbelievable.

I want one.

It know it's more expensive than the Citigo but, it knocks the Citigo into a 'Cocked Hat'.

What is "SV-5"? I couldn't find anything with google. 

Anyways I now want Swift Hybrid and it is your fault. :thinking: :D