Citigo Electric

Ronn

1 hour ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

Do you know what is being said about the Mii Electric / Citigo iV regarding service inspections and the schedule?

Not by heart but I have them at work.

A lot of the servicing on EVs is in the inspection points, the same as on a fossile car. However what one not may know is how important it is to control the brake system due to regeneration. EV drivers such as myself use the brakes very little as we instead regenerate, where you on a "normal" car use your brake discs all the time keeping them fresh they rust very easily on an EV.

However the prices for servicing an EV is ridiculously low. A major 30k km service on an e-Golf is 80GBP.

• Like 2

On 11/01/2020 at 17:13, Chris_42 said:

My weekly distance is about 50 miles with the odd longer drive so the range on the iV is ideal. I can probably get by with a three-pin charger as well, since I have off-road parking and wouldn't run it down to empty. I know it's more expensive than any of my previous models but the savings on fuel, tax, maintenance, benefits to the environment (and the fact that I plan on keeping it for ten years) are making it an investment for the long-term.

This would apply to us, we would keep it until we retire in 10-15 years time before changing out both cars for one do it all model. I still cannot make the finances makes sense due to the massively higher price, so will look out for updates from you over the coming months.

• Like 1

Just ordered mine today. A candy white with Style trim, which here in Sweden is equivalent to UK:s SEL trim with all possible options. The only option available here in Sweden is metallic colour. Total cost incl. government grant is approximately £15200 (190000 SEK).

Pricing is strange though. For instance, here in Sweden all solid coatings are without additional charge, including the ones with black roof. In UK there is an additional charge of £540 for solid coatings, except for red, even if you choose the SEL trim. And if you want black roof there are an additional £300 for that.

I chose candy white because it was manufactured last week, so I will have it in mid February. If I had chosen the colour I really wanted, yellow with black roof, I probably had to wait until well into summer before delivery.

And, by the way, I do this solely for environmental reasons, not to save money. 

My first electric car so it´s gonna be really interesting this .....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nolhott said:

Just ordered mine today. A candy white with Style trim, which here in Sweden is equivalent to UK:s SEL trim with all possible options. The only option available here in Sweden is metallic colour. Total cost incl. government grant is approximately £15200 (190000 SEK).

Pricing is strange though. For instance, here in Sweden all solid coatings are without additional charge, including the ones with black roof. In UK there is an additional charge of £540 for solid coatings, except for red, even if you choose the SEL trim. And if you want black roof there are an additional £300 for that.

I chose candy white because it was manufactured last week, so I will have it in mid February. If I had chosen the colour I really wanted, yellow with black roof, I probably had to wait until well into summer before delivery.

And, by the way, I do this solely for environmental reasons, not to save money. 

My first electric car so it´s gonna be really interesting this .....

Your Citigo EV is considerably cheaper than they are in UK. 

I believe the EV version in UK is £20,000+

Thats including the Gov discount.. 

By the way, the UK Gov in scraping the EV Discount Scheme in March this year (2020) so they'll be even more expensive then. 

I can't see Skoda selling many more than a handful of EV Citigos in UK, TBH. 

There is newer designs of far more attractive small EV cars coming on stream in the UK with far more tech goodies included at competitive prices. 

With do respect to you, I sincerely hope you will be ecstatic with your new EV Citigo, however I do think the EV Citigo is extremely meanly appointed (not even Sat Nav), and styling wise, past its 'sell by' date.

But that doesn't mean to say its not a good car, it's just that I will be looking for something a bit more stylish for my wife to drive when we change in about 12 months time. 

I do like the look of the brand new 2020 Toyota Yaris Hybrid which will be available 3rd quarter 2020 in the UK. 

A brand new car & they've re-thought the Hybrid drive technology on it. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

@Ronn   You are not often right, and you are wrong again. 

Citigo IV SE OTR in UK from £16,955,  SE L from £19,355 with the £3,500 grant.

& Where did you hear they are scaping the discount scheme. The current scheme ends and there is no announcement on what will be the new scheme.

?

Which new EV's in the UK for near to £20,000 OTR are coming in 2020?

Nice. Shame about the arse.

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

48 minutes ago, Nolhott said:

If I had chosen the colour I really wanted, yellow with black roof, I probably had to wait until well into summer before delivery.

Mine will be Tungsten silver with black roof. I've been quoted delivery sometime in March, but that was before they placed the order so I hope it doesn't drag on until the summer...

I tried Mii Electric the other day. Very nice and fast it was. And as I was expecting it was quiet too. No engine sound or vibration. It felt like road noise was lower too. Now I just have to wait my own Mii Electric to arrive. 

Style does not look old to me. I like it. 

12 hours ago, Ronn said:

Your Citigo EV is considerably cheaper than they are in UK. 

I believe the EV version in UK is £20,000+

Thats including the Gov discount.. ...

Our goverment grant is £4800 so that add to the difference in price. But still it's cheaper here in Sweden since without the grant the price here right now is £20 000 and the same model with the same equipment in UK is around £22 000. But official price according to the price list is also £22 000 here in Sweden, so pricelevel is more or less equal.

This one is  actually replacing a 2014 Citigo we currently have and if we would have replaced that with a new petrol version (UP! Tsi) that would have been something like £10 400, so 50% price increase for the electrical version is reasonable I think. The closest competitor here in Sweden is around £24 000 with the goverment grant. Shure you'll get a bigger car with more range for the money and perhaps even more value for money, but the simple fact that so much cheaper than the nearest competitor will make it available for people that simply can't put up £24 000 for a car so I think that at least here in Sweden it will sell fairly well. Only time will tell though.

12 hours ago, Chris_42 said:

Mine will be Tungsten silver with black roof. I've been quoted delivery sometime in March, but that was before they placed the order so I hope it doesn't drag on until the summer...

I think they have different quotas for different countries so it might be so that deliverytimes in UK is much shorter than here in Sweden. Hope you don't have to wait longer than expected for your car.

4 hours ago, Emil said:

I tried Mii Electric the other day. Very nice and fast it was. And as I was expecting it was quiet too. No engine sound or vibration. It felt like road noise was lower too. Now I just have to wait my own Mii Electric to arrive. 

Style does not look old to me. I like it. 

I actually think the Mii look a little bit better than the Citigo but due to a campaign Skoda have here in Sweden right now the Mii is £1500 more expensive than the Citigo with comparable equipment so that why the Skoda. Another thing i also like with the Mii is that it clearly states that it's an electric car with stickers on both sides and at the rear. No one will know that the the Citigo I drive is electric. Good luck with your Mii electric.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nolhott said:

Our goverment grant is £4800 so that add to the difference in price. But still it's cheaper here in Sweden since without the grant the price here right now is £20 000 and the same model with the same equipment in UK is around £22 000. But official price according to the price list is also £22 000 here in Sweden, so pricelevel is more or less equal.

This one is  actually replacing a 2014 Citigo we currently have and if we would have replaced that with a new petrol version (UP! Tsi) that would have been something like £10 400, so 50% price increase for the electrical version is reasonable I think. The closest competitor here in Sweden is around £24 000 with the goverment grant. Shure you'll get a bigger car with more range for the money and perhaps even more value for money, but the simple fact that so much cheaper than the nearest competitor will make it available for people that simply can't put up £24 000 for a car so I think that at least here in Sweden it will sell fairly well. Only time will tell though.

I think they have different quotas for different countries so it might be so that deliverytimes in UK is much shorter than here in Sweden. Hope you don't have to wait longer than expected for your car.

I actually think the Mii look a little bit better than the Citigo but due to a campaign Skoda have here in Sweden right now the Mii is £1500 more expensive than the Citigo with comparable equipment so that why the Skoda. Another thing i also like with the Mii is that it clearly states that it's an electric car with stickers on both sides and at the rear. No one will kn😁ow that the the Citigo I drive is electric. Good luck with your Mii electric.

Yes, Jerry is ripping the Brits off again... 

But not me 😁 'cos I ain't buying one.....

• Haha 1

The UK  stuck with the GBP & never joined the euro zone,

and never bothered being attached to Continental Europe, it actually manages to be across the English Channel and there is a bit or sea transport required.

Not that Sweden is that close to Slovakia or do they use the euro.

You'd surely need to compare prices without taxes to see who is doing the ripping off, and don't forget, UK retail pricing is decided by Skoda UK (or VW UK, or Seat UK), not by the manufacturer.

And the UK has effectively voted for more expensive imports, so exchange rate is also a factor, including pricing goods based on what the exchange rate is likely to be in 6-12 months - they can't be repricing goods every few weeks. At least it will benefit the UK's "burgeoning" home-based car industry, and our local manufacturers of lithium batteries and electric motors! We can all start saving up for an electric McLaren or similar :)

• Like 1

Hang on, hang on! 

We haven't left the EU yet so don't start telling lies on what the prices are now! 

Also, I don't care who's doing the 'ripping off'. 

Skoda UK are an agent of VW Skoda, so they have to pass all the trading requirements of the Parent Company. 

So, it's the Parent Company who are doing the Ripping Off. 

Don't muddy the water.... 

@Ronn  End of the month out of the EU, after the end of the months new Citigo IV's arriving.

According to you there will not be many getting sold so someone has to pay for the advertising campaign...

Chill man & don't get your knickers in a twist about something that will not affect you. 

What you pay for the Toyota will be what it is available for.  If built in England or Japan i am sure they will give you good deal.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve test drove the new Peugeot E 208, I like it’s style, especially the interior! It drives nicely, steering is quite light however it gets a-bit heavier in sports mode. Because of its instant torque it feels fast & road noise is very low. I am thinking about test driving the Citigo IV to compare the difference, as the Citigo is around £19k for the top spec including the grant and the Peugeot is £26k including the grant. Difference should be noticeable, we’ll see! 

@Jonny118118

I have had a bit of a try in a couple of e-208's.   GT's with 205/45 R 17 Pilot Sports and i put the tyres to a safe pressure not the crazy high ones as the cars were handed over. (Dangerously high, must be somone's idea that the range might improve, or they are just lazy.)

Never noticed any different in Sport on the steering. The main difference is that you have full power in Sport which is given as 136 ps. in Normal 110 ps and in ECO 80 ps.

In Eco the range can be near the figure PSA says it can do over the WLTP range. An extra 40%.

• Haha 1

It is not the ESP it is the Traction Control on the Drive Wheels only and some might want to deactivate it in Snow, if they have on Snow Chains or for the same reason as you can deactivate it on any vehicle.

The Peugeot e-208 has a TC off button.  Good for trying the acceleration and if there is some tyre slip there is no power being cut.

• Haha 1

Power doesn't help in snow. You want as little wheel spinning as possible when stuck. And these little sisters allow it without turning anything off. These also are equipped with EDS, electronic differential lock. It helps in snow. 

• Haha 1

You might live in Finland and know lots, but then i have had cars with DSG's and TC and XDS / EDL. 

I read Owners manuals and drive them, you should try the same.

http://lesschwab.com/article/what-to-do-when-your-car-is-stuck-in-snow.html

Each to their own and they just need to do what works for them.  Older people usually have had a long time to learn things.

If all the World / Roads were flat it would be boring.  He must be a fisherman if he thinks that is 8 inches of snow.

• Haha 1

I don't need owner's manual to know how to drive in winter. But there is a reason why there is no button to disable esp. Because it is not needed. 

• Haha 1

Yes because VW never bothered but the ability is there as in lots of cars, you just need to find out how.

VW / Skoda / SEAT / Audi have had functions on models that you have to pay for the option of getting a button or switch to operate them that has included 

TC off.  (Skoda were still charging for ESP on Mk2 Fabias right up to when legislation required it to be standard.)

It can be handy to know how to access stuff available on a car you are driving and no bother to anyone really apart from Mr or Mrs Grumpy.

Notice regular disc brakes and not likely to get replaced very often like Mr Grumpy had to.

• Haha 1