Octavia III Manual Gearbox Oil Change (2.0TDI)

Hi guys,

Have had a search in the forum but haven’t found any history on this topic - has anyone had a crack at changing their manual gearbox oil on an Octy 3?

I believe it’s VAG’s MQ350 ‘box in the 2.0TDI and Opie Oils pointed me in this direction for the replacement fluid:

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-976-fuchs-titan-sintofluid-fe-sae-75w-synthetic-manual-transmission-oil.aspx

I’m doing an engine oil change soon so will have a recce to see what access is like/where plugs are while I’m under there, but thought I’d check if anyone had any intel on it first.

Cheers! 

2 minutes ago, TTodorov said:

at what mileage gearbox oil needs a change?

Skoda don’t quote an interval for replacement - it’s nominally “filled for life”.

Mine’s a bit clunky when shifting so thinking of changing the oil to see if it helps.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kloeffon said:

Skoda don’t quote an interval for replacement - it’s nominally “filled for life”.

Mine’s a bit clunky when shifting so thinking of changing the oil to see if it helps.

Filled for life, but I would Imagine fresh oil would extend that life.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hello

Did anyone ever drain and refill their manual gearbox?

If so what sort of job was it, anything to watch out for, and what oil did you refill with, and how much (quantity).

Last of all does it feel okay, hopefully smoother afterwards?

Sorry for all the Q’s.

Cheers

On 18/04/2019 at 22:28, jasongelly said:

Hello

Did anyone ever drain and refill their manual gearbox?

If so what sort of job was it, anything to watch out for, and what oil did you refill with, and how much (quantity).

Last of all does it feel okay, hopefully smoother afterwards?

Sorry for all the Q’s.

Cheers

I knew of a guy who unfortunately took a bolt out of the casing of a gearbox thinking it was a level plug, something dropped internally. Whoops!  The car had to be transported to the VW dealership. 

Why check the oil level if the box is dry. I have never changed any manual gearbox oil only topped them up if a leak was apparent.....  These being 70 's  propshaft cortinas and MGB's

• Like 1