Spotify shambles

So who has Spotify on their fones? I until recently had no probs, could play my library via usb connected cable , ask google to play certain tracks and songs. Press the wee mic button and say play Queen or anything and get the gratifying " ok playing Queen"

Now it stops all the time saying " something went wrong" Or Spotify stopped working. Plays one min of the song then screen goes black , tries again , plays for 10 sec , screen goes black. Was this system not all about connectivity. I have the latest software android phone

WTF , why , this Columbus system costs a fortune and keeps ****ing up

Any ideas , Am I doing sommit wrong , is the software flawed?

@Greezy56, few questions:

1. Do you have an option to test with another Android phone?

2. When did you do the latest software update for your phone?

3. Did it play ok right after you did the update? 

4. Does it also happen over Bluetooth?

5. Do you have an option to try another USB cable?

I had rather similar problems but with Bolero and CarPlay. It ended up to be a USB cable fault. 

Columbus seems nutorios with its faults and if testing with separate phone gives same error, then contact your dealer and ask them to test it. Probably software update would do the trick. 

Car still under warranty?

I use Spotify on my iPhone most of the time. Sometimes I will download the content others streamed over the network. No issues to speak of. 

I did have intermittment CarPlay connection problems but that was solved with a new Amazon basics cable. 

my Spotify, via Android Auto, is behaving.

used it yesterday with no issues.

as its already been suggested, trying "forgetting" the car(s) connected in your phone's AA - then reconnect, going through the AA wizard again :)

I use Spotify without android auto.

I have to remember to close spotify on my phone before i start the car.

In the past it used to play the songs no problem but it would only show one song name on headunit, and if i skipped to next song it wouldnt show it.